PDA

View Full Version : Video Compression help!

Hexum
01-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Ok, so I am using Sony Vegas 5 to make some vids of COD action. I have messed around with compression for 2 days and everything I use looks like crap (except no compression, LOL). Here are some screenies for the Divx compression, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hexum
01-22-2005, 02:41 PM
I think I got it. Just putting together some clips while I learn this program, once I get it down I will do a nice one. I will post it when done.

=DBA=Ronin
01-22-2005, 02:47 PM
if you continue to have issues with the divx output...try using VirtualDub instead. You can use vegas to compile and output the raw video. Then put it in virtualdub and change the video compression to use divx. I use virtualDub for all of the raw footage from my digital camera and it works pretty good. Typically, there is a little loss in quality but I haven't really played with the settings too much. If you want a copy of virutaldub I can get it for you, otherwise, head over to doom9.net and get it from their D/L section. Its a pretty small app so its not like a huge issue to get it.

Hexum
01-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I was using Virtualdub and decided it didn't work for me. I figured this one out so far.

RuKuS
01-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I had a similar problem with the quality of my video. Make sure when you're using gamecam, you record your clips in 800x600... otherwise the clips will look like major trash. You can get there by going to profile manager - advanced - resolution pull down tab.

Not sure with vegas since i havent tried it yet, but with windows movie maker you had to set the quality when saving your video to something way higher than the original setting. So when I made it, it looked terrible, but once i saved it, it was decent.