PDA

View Full Version : Invasion gametype doubtful for ut2007

LightBringer
05-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Mysterial said that it is doubtful that we will have the invasion gametype for ut2007. The reason is that it will take to much artwork effort to revitalize the monsters to look good in ut2007. As you know, the current monsters are really from the original ut itself.

I want to know how many of you out there do want invasion for ut2007. There's a possibility through community support that it can definitely be an add on anyway. But, it seems kind of odd that it wouldn't be included because I think it is a very popular gametype played, and near to the same popularity as the original gametypes too.

Show the support, let's see if we can come to a resolve with Epic to include it in some fashion.

KillerI8I
05-23-2005, 08:55 AM
i support bigtime !!!!!!!!!
if it wil not include invasion the chances of me actualy buying it are gonna drop..
and if someone in the comunity is gonna make a invasion i wil still buy it afterall..
but if there wil not be a invasion..
not sure it wil take long for me or maybe i wont buy it at all..
but on the other hand it is one of the not that many shooter games i realy love.. even for DM and such.. hope they keep invasion in..

Kaithofis
05-23-2005, 09:22 AM
As you know, the current monsters are really from the original ut itself.

Try Unreal

Anyway, although Mysterial has a point about that looks. Someone's bound to come up and port al the original monsters over if Epic doesn't do it itself. I for one do not care much about how many million polygons my cannon fodder has, because they're meant to be taken down, not to be admired.
Plus, imagine the horrible, horrible fps with a million x (number of monsters) polygons on the screen

There's also a small possibility that Unreal 3 will be announced before 2K7's release. If that happens, someone'll prolly port over some monsters over from that game. If it doesn't use another system (again), that is

So, if Epic won't do it, the community probably will

LightBringer
05-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I figured the community would. I hope so.

PDream
05-23-2005, 02:35 PM
I hope epic will write it again, compeltely from the down-most levels. ;)

rock
05-25-2005, 08:18 AM
why buy ut without invasion?

I'd hate to be looking for annother game

:curseout: :curseout: :curseout: :curseout: :curseout: :curseout: