4v4 Capture the Flag
6v6 Capture the Flag
4v4 Team Deathmatch
6v6 Team Deathmatch
4v4 Headquarters
6v6 Headquarters
4v4 Rifles Only Search and Destroy
4v4 Rifles Only Capture the Flag

Open for team/founder sign-ups on Oct 16th.
Player signups on Oct 26th.
Competition will open November 6th.

Now I'm still assuming that S&D will have the most competition and most likely have the paying tournaments so I would like to see us playing that on a regular basis if even on one ladder. Hopefully the changes talked about in HQ aren't going to make the gametype worse and that we will still compete in it. Where do you guys see us competing in?

B_G3ntl3
10-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Im gonna use a wait and see sorta thing with cod2....i dunno that its gonna be that good. I really think the hq changes sound dumb

BuddhaMan
10-06-2005, 05:56 PM
You could always wait a few weeks after the game came out so everyone can try the game out. Then you don't have to drop the ladder if everyone hates it. On the other hand, if everyone loves it, it's not like the ladder is closed and you can't join. I don't see the word "league" used in Shanks-a-lot's post (in which signup date would matter).

I guess this ended up being a more wordy version of Gentle's "wait and see". How succinct! :D

twc.eX
10-07-2005, 08:56 AM
What HQ changes?

BuddhaMan
10-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Watch the video Hex linked to in another post. I can't find the post right now.

Also, Czech is reporting the info in the video may be wrong anyhow and HQ won't be in there.

Penguin
10-09-2005, 07:41 PM
SD ftw + competition

Artis
10-11-2005, 09:46 AM
4v4 rifles only ctf over sd.

being hit in the face with a wad of ronin manjuice over sd.

oh and maybe some hq if it isnt totally uber doober stooopid.

Czechmate
10-11-2005, 12:21 PM
I'll be on the team, but I think we need to do like we did when we started w4r in the first place. Let's have a 5v5 "competitive" team where we bring in every ringer known to man and a 7v7 "it's just fun" team where people like me get a chance to actually pretend to be on part of something resembling a coordinated team.

I think CTF in COD2 may be fun as well. CTF in COD:UO was screwed by the vehicles, and I've confirmed that those vehicles won't be in COD2, at least in the initial multiplayer release. (I'm sure there are a few levels with vehicles in the SP.)

As for the HQ, it's a wait and see-type thing. I've been told that the main change is in the scoring and the spawning, not in the core dynamic of the gameplay. For scoring, you'll receive some sort of reward (or at least acknowledgement) for bringing up or taking down radios. For spawning, the "40" kills shouldn't spawn behind your team anymore, but instead spawn fairly close to the target radio. I *think* there's also a new dynamic in that multiple people capturing or taking down a radio will increase the speed of that; I.e., one person capturing will take 10 seconds, two people 8, three people 6, and so on. Those are not real times -- it's just my example -- but I think that's been thrown into the mix.

~Czech

Artis
10-11-2005, 12:43 PM
veeeeeery inteeeeeresting. (rolls r)

BuddhaMan
10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
The "team stacking" to bring up/take down a radio sounds like BF2 and other games (makes sense to me...and sounds good too)

twc.eX
10-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Agreed.. if that were an element of HQ.. I'd like it even more. Make it more challenging if you're the last one and make it a lot faster paced if your team is still alive.

B_G3ntl3
10-12-2005, 10:24 AM
my problem with it is that it envites people to just spawn camp the autorespawns....also, if this happens immediately it will be very hard to defend radios...and take away most of the strating that hq involves.

Artis
10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
sounds faggity to me.

oh and gentle loves the man snossage.

B_G3ntl3
10-12-2005, 11:24 AM
*edit* gentle likes his sausage and likes sticking it in other people's snoz and anywhere else they will let him ;p

Hexum
10-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Personally, all it needed was the random respawns fixed. Now it is probably all fucked up.

twc.eX
10-12-2005, 02:21 PM
You guys are a bunch of negative nancy's and stuttering stanleys

Czechmate
10-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Always the optimist, Hex. ;)

~Czech

Ps -- Once I have a copy (hopefully by the middle of next week), I'll post exactly how it ends up playing.

Artis
10-13-2005, 08:29 AM
in honor of ex's post.

/me slits wrists