PDA

View Full Version : We suck at bowling...

CDSaint
07-13-2006, 11:59 PM
but the kids are doing awesome in their youth league. DJ is averaging 90's and bowled 112 tonight in their league. what's even more amazing is that the little one got Bowler of the Month and got a patch for the effort. She brought up her average tremendously and DJ will be getting his name put up on the boards for kids bowling over 100. Last time i bowled was about three weeks ago and i managed to break the 100's and got a 135. Not bad considering i bowl right in the middle and nowhere else. DJ has a nice curve to his throw. 6 lb balls are the lightest they have and we have found that an 8 or a 9 lb ball is better for DJ to throw softer and to not get the ball into the gutter. And to think that in the beginning the kids were just awful sports about not getting pins down and now they are so much more into the game. DJ already wants to know if he can sign up for the youth league in Sept and they even have them for Housewives on Mondays that i may try out for. I can always improve my score. LoL although id embarrass myself if i bowled under 80, cause sometimes my wrist dont want to cooperate after a while. :( this is one of the reasons why we came home this week from camping. and at the end of the season this August 31st they get to have their own bowling balls and accessories. id say that of all their activities this is definitely the best one for them cause it has taught them patience (even if its baby steps) and sportsmanship. oh and DJ wants me to post this :gunner: that's what he thinks of the pins when he bowls. :lol:

Vyper
07-14-2006, 09:21 AM
ROFL Go DJ! Its cool.

I think my best in a league was around 150. And that was years ago!

If your wrist starts complaining cd get one of the wrist braces for bowlers and use a light weight ball. I usually only work with a 10 or 11 lb ball since my wrist starts aching too much if I use a heavier ball.

Mozartt
07-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Nice to see kids doing something that's not a video game. Glad to see they like bowling. Our youngest son is planning to play tackle football next year, can't wait to go see his games. I believe that his mother a little worried about him getting hurt but he doesn't want to play flag football any more.

CDSaint
07-14-2006, 01:34 PM
mozzy you are such a great guy already staking a claim to the boys as if they are your own. you are just awesome to be that kind of person. :) I actually have one of those wrist guards you are talking about Becks. I just need to find where i stacked it at. Got so many closets to choose from! :( DJ plays less GW now but he is focusing on Soul Caliber lately on the ps2. He wants me to get him Soul Blade but of course you can only find those games on ebay or amazon for 7 or 8 bucks. He is also doing soccer on Thursdays as well as swimming Mon-Thurs and lastly a Music&Arts class mon&tues. So as you can see i have managed to put the two kids in a variety of things this summer just so that they are out of the house and not watching too much tv or in front of the pc. And now we are getting ready to go back up to the camping site. we probably will be leaving in about an hour or two. still packing up a few last minute things and supplies. its going to be a nice 4 day weekend for us.

Vyper
07-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Nice to hear CD. Have tons of fun. I have to work tomorrow in the 90+ degree heat. Oh joy, oh bliss!

Nice to hear you taking possession of the boys as if they were you own Mozzy. I think you'll make a great dad. :) Good luck with them and do a good job of making compassionate, manly men out of them. Yes it IS possible and I think you can do that. If you can the women of the world will thank you!

Mozartt
07-15-2006, 08:16 AM
When you marry a women with kids you have to accept the whole package, nothing less. Plus her boys make it easy to be with, they're just some great kids. Now comes the part when I discipline them, they may not like me then. :) Did you said compassionate? I don't know if I can handle that part, but the manly man is a go. Bring on the football!!!!!http://smilies.vidahost.com/ups/DeNiro/big_grin.gif

CDSaint
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
dont forget to incorportate other sports into that mix! my im very brown this time around. did a lot of swimming,played some tennis, and home with a slight sprained ankle. oh well at the end of it all it was a lot of fun. :)

Mozartt
07-18-2006, 10:14 AM
In the south it's mostly baseball and basketball, I'm lucky because they don't like those sports and mostly stick to football and hockey.

Vyper
07-18-2006, 10:04 PM
LOL You have a wider taste in sports is what that is. Baseballs fine and so is basketball but there is more to sports than just those two. Now if you can get them to play soccer I'll be even more impressed. LOL

Just make sure they have brains to go with the sports. One might get you a future, then other definitely will. Unless they ship all the jobs overseas. :P

Mozartt
07-19-2006, 07:18 AM
LOL They're already into soccer but their new step Dad doesn't understand any of the rules in soccer. :) Plus they're both very smart kids, so far they both get A's and B's and really enjoy going to school as well. Right thier Mom and I both believe that school isn't over until they get a college degree and the kids both agree. Now we just need the money for college. :(