PDA

View Full Version : how many days a week do you actually werk?

GuTTer_RaT
07-05-2002, 10:38 AM
i know most of you show up for 5 days a week (standard 40 hour werk week) but how many of those days would you actually say you put for a worthy effort saying you actually did "werk"?!?

GuTTer_RaT
07-05-2002, 10:42 AM
i myself voted for 3. its actually more like 2.5 because usually about half way through my wednesday werk week i mail it in for the weekend. granted there are some nights where i werk from home on projects but its not too often and right now business is slow. most of you fuckers think i dont werk due to the fact that im on irc all day but thats not true. i have 2 computers @ werk. one for programming/processing and the other houses my irc, icq and other shit. do i feel as though im ripping off my company by only werking half a week and getting paid a full week?!? fuck no i dont! i earn every penny i get and im always reliable when called upon and the amount of shit i deal with on a daily basis gives me the means to do what i do. wearing many hats at my company doesnt pay me anymore money so therefore i take more leisure and personal time to make up for it. im interested to see how many of you actually can say you put for 100% effort for 5 days or more. please post and explain!

Pallidrone
07-05-2002, 12:20 PM
I would agree with the 3 day a week thing. Yes I am here for 5 days out of the week, but I do a lot of slacking here. It is the only way I can keep my sanity while talking to some of these morons all day.

Uranium
07-05-2002, 04:11 PM
ahh shit I voted before I saw what you put, I actually only put about 1 days work over 5 days

Contract-Ki||a
07-10-2002, 10:21 AM
I'm deffinately a 3 also. Like ratty though I know the 3 days and the few nights at home worth of actual work I put in is worth the full 40 hour week worth of pay. I would love to come on to irc while here at w3rk but unfortunately I haven't found my way around our firewall yet.

Peach
07-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Hey...there is no 0 option!! U crackheads r discriminating!!! By the way...whats the work everyone speaks off ::real lost look::
:stupid:

GuTTer_RaT
07-10-2002, 12:10 PM
no one spoke of work, work is our arch enemies! werk 4 life! btw, ck, try www.mircx.com to see if you can get out through their java irc console!

Beo
07-10-2002, 12:30 PM
I answered 3 days a week as well. I used to be the only web designer here, and had to out put at the very least 4 websites a day (no templates thank you) and I busted my ass, took work home and stressed myself out to no end. Until one fine day, they actually hired another shmoe to help me out. So now, the burden has been lifted. My programmer guy is still an anal retentive homo, and I work at a small internet company where NEPOTISM is the phrase of each day, but hey, it's a stepping stone for me for greater things to come. Werk blows. Period. 'Nuff said. :evil:

Contract-Ki||a
07-11-2002, 08:44 AM
I tried that link but I don't think that it is gonna work either. This what I get when I try and use it.....

any other suggestions bro?

SealClubber
07-13-2002, 01:19 AM
I work 5, sometimes 6 days a week :(

[]UbK[]JD
07-19-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by SealClubber
I work 5, sometimes 6 days a week :(

I feel dat vibe. Does clubbing baby seals really help relieve stress? Not a lot of seals here but maybe if I hit up the metro zoo I can sneak a bit of ol' fashion stress relief on some unsuspecting pups. ;)

{NvTS}Cannon_Fodder
07-24-2002, 01:16 AM
alas half the time when I am working on my 5 day a week schedule I seem to be the only one running the kitchen makin pizzas, washin dishes, and throwing the salads at the customers.... but i quit August 6th :D:D:D:D:D
Then I go back to school :(