PDA

View Full Version : Possibly running ut2003 now...

Herrenvolk
10-11-2002, 05:46 PM
I was told about a program called All-Seeing Eye (http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/)
This screenshot should give you a good idea of its features.
What you don't see on the left is stuff like: servers separated by country, ping, pswd or not, favourites list, search for player, etc.
So I should be able to use the warez version and view the servers from the master list with this.

http://herrenvolk.homestead.com/files/SeeingEye.JPG

Mozartt
10-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Nice...does it load the server information faster than Game Spy?

GRAAAAAA!!
10-11-2002, 07:22 PM
yeah gamespy can be used for ut2003 also

Mr_Nobody
10-12-2002, 09:05 PM
Warez, booo! Support Epic!

AmptVamp
10-12-2002, 10:08 PM
heh heh yeah! :moon:

$40 @ Best Buy

Herrenvolk
10-12-2002, 10:42 PM
$74.99 + tax @ FutureShop:0wn3d:

I got it installed now. I'm using this program to add favourites and ping the master server list.

Mr_Nobody
10-12-2002, 11:17 PM
Ooh, that sounds like a lot. Until you convert Canadian $$ to US $$:

74.99 CAN = 47.20 US

That extra 7.20 plus tax must reeeeally hurt :rolleyes:

All I'm saying is, for someone who spends as much time as you do playing this company's games, how can you rip them off with a clear conscience?

Herrenvolk
10-13-2002, 12:36 AM
I'd purchase games if I was in a better financial situation. It may sound like nothing to you, but dropping $86 on a game for a Student is a lot of money. I'd have to put in twice the amount of hours to pay for this game, if you compare, generally, the minimum wages in the United States (anywhere between $5-7 depending) to Ontario's. You get paid more, period.

GRAAAAAA!!
10-13-2002, 12:40 AM
oh i bought my copy at best buys. lol i supported epic.

Herrenvolk
10-13-2002, 01:17 AM
Actually, Best Buy supported Epic, and you supported Best Buy.;)

Bernie[CS]
10-13-2002, 07:53 AM
Mr. Nobody........you work for Epic ...I'm not condoning ripping off. But believe me epic is making a bundle.....If you were to figure out what they are making on this game you would shit and the sad thing is its not the programers, Its the CEO and investors. What is the ratio to salaries from janitor to CEO?Ben & Jerry's was 15X that means that the janitor was making 30000 Ben and Jerry was making 450000. I bought the game because I know I'm going to play this one, but it should be a law that demos should be available for all software because most of them are ripoffs, You can try on clothes to see how they fit why not software. Look at what the programmers for Doom did and how much they made. And this game cost allot more then 49.00 dollars I already dropped 50.00 dollars on RAM and its pushing me to buy a new computer just for this game because the Demo was misrepresentive on computer play, the demo played better!!!!!!! All I know when I was going to college and spending 300-1000 in books ,cars and repairs , and working 60 hours a week in the gas station just to survive, if I save some money I would.

TinMan[CS]
10-13-2002, 10:27 AM
A couple of quick thoughts....

You may pay $50 for a game, and yes the publisher is making what seems to be a bundle on the sale. That money doesn't go to just Epic. Digital Extremes and Atari get a piece too. What you need to keep in mind is that the extended support, for things like patches and bonus packs comes out of the pockets of the developer and publishers, you don't pay for that. If you recall Epic supported UT for a very long time, much longer than anyone else ever supported any product that I can recall. They even went as far as to allow people the opportunity to play the game without the CD. Epic and Digital Extremes are both in the process of producing bonus packs right now. The patch that is coming out not only fixes things that are problems, but adds things that the community has requested. Your money goes futher than lining someones pockets. Epic has done well by me and desreves my money. It's understood that not everyone has the opportunity to purchase up front, maybe someday you'll want to own a copy. I'm not down on anyone doing what they have to do. If it's your only avenue, that's fine with me. My only point in all this is to remind you where your money goes. The amount of support that we get is directly related to how many copies of the game that are sold.

Lastly and more importantly. This may not be the type of advertising that we need to be doing in the public forums. Debates of this sort are prolly better suited for the private section.

XLR8R
10-13-2002, 10:50 AM
This is the way I see it...Lets say just for easy math that the game cost $50 US (I paid $39). If you play that game 200 hours (I'm sure some will play it approaching 1000 hours, maybe more), then that game will cost you 25 cents an hour, a quarter. In my book thats pretty damn cheap entertainment.
-X

Mozartt
10-13-2002, 12:40 PM
I think some of us are more at .25 cents a day!!!! :laugh:

Ravage[CS]
10-13-2002, 08:16 PM
when i was in college, i survived on $50 a week. considering i smoke, we're talking about almost $20/week spending money. (sad, isn't it?) that's like, one night out at a restaurant. or a short night at the bars ;) or chipping in on an ounce of herb with my friends. My roomate ran a 0-day server on our school's lines for the Warez group he was in, one of the largest on the East Coast in our time. He was burning 12 cd's a day of the GOOD stuff.... this gives you an idea to the kinds of free access I had to whatever the hell I wanted when it came to software. As a gamer, i enjoyed playing all the new latest and greatest as they came out, or even a few days before that in some cases.

Point of the story: When Unreal Tournament came out, I went directly to EB and put down $49.99 + tax to purchase the game without a second thought. I was willing, and still am willing, to support what I believe to be a great company.