Thread: pc buying

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hmmm I wll disagree yet again. The best components make the best pc's. You are ALWAYS better off building than buying something preassembled. That is unless you don't care about bottlenecks. I have built my pc's for a while now at a fraction of the cost of what alienware's cost, and they generally outperform the posted benchmarks.

Shuttles are great I guess, but other companies make the mini pc's as well. Some of them come with better MB's so look around. Generally I would say the mini's are too small and probably have a tendency to overheat but, not with today's technology http://www.ocsystem.com/ocenra98pro2.html
    You know you want that
    Also I don't see a point in going inbetween a high end laptop or a desktop. So if you must have one of these mini's generally the casings with MB cost about $280-$350 USD and most have AGP ports for your kick ass vid card. Look around, if you can't find any, post back here and I will put up some links. I know Voodoopc.com makes a mini, but it sells for like $1700 and as much as I am considering buying one of their laptops, I think it is ridiculous to pay that much for a desktop or mini.

also I love this site, I have bought tons of shit from them over the past few years, they tend to be on the cheaper side price wise and seem to have quality compnents also.

www.ocsystem.com just make sure you buy what you want, some of their systems are cpu's that are overclocked, but it is clearly stated which ones are.
    Last edited by Irresistable; 02-24-2004 at 01:26 PM.
    Never underestimate the unbelieveable power of denial.