Thread: Light Bringer

Light Bringer

Ok i got the first map just about done, but, i have movers in it. i want these movers to be closed for 1 min. and open for 30 sec. on a loop so u dont have to touch them or use a trigger. i got them set up how i want them now what do i set to do the loop. if u dont know then u'll have to "play" and stand at a pannel opening and closing the doors.

ScriptedTrigger!

Sorry I didn't think are enough back in IRC, but here's your solution.
    Look in Actors > Keypoint> AIScript>ScriptedSequence>ScriptedTrigger.

Once you've placed that, look in its properties under AIScript>Actions and press Add.
    Right now you will choose it's first action.
    In case you want a someone or something to trigger it first, you should choose ACTION_WaitForEvent, what does exactly what the name says. Press New and fill in the event you want it to wait for.
    If you want it to start right away, you should choose ACTION_TriggerEvent. and press New. After that fill in the event you want to trigger (which would be your mover)

Now, before we fill the rest of those actions in. Select the mover. Look under Object > InitialState. That should be TriggerToggle. That means that it goes from keypoint A to B when triggered, and returns when triggered again. That would be what I think you'd want for the mover.

Then, go back to the ScriptedTrigger. Add a new action called ACTION_WaitForTimer.
    Fill in the number of seconds you want it to wait. (Remember that if the movetime of the mover is 2 seconds, and the waitfortimer is 30 seconds, the mover will actually be opened for 28 seconds.)

After that, add a new ACTION_TriggerEvent, again with the mover as event.
    And then another ACTION_WaitForTimer (which would be 1 minute)

Finally, as the last step, and most important one.
    Add another action, called ACTION_GOTOACTION
    This means that the trigger will go to another action in the list you've made.
    And you've guessed it, it goed back to Action0, and start all over again.

This all should do the trick fine.
    Not that it will work like a charm on the first attempt, prepare for things to go wrong (like the TriggerToggle, for instance. I'm not too sure if that's the right one.)

Anyway, if there's any difficulty, I'm happy to help

bEnableArtisteM0de=True Dark_Dust's Avatar
    Ugh.. I wasn't thinking either.. I forgot about the ScriptedTrigger..
    What I wroted earlier would prolly have worked in UEd2, but we're talking about UEd3 now are we?
    Could have worked, but I can't acknowledge that it works in UEd3.

Note: be sure to have TriggerOnlyOnce set to False in the mover properties, it should be by default iirc.

uhhh... k little lost (but does help a little)... all i want is for 4 movers to open and close on a loop with a 30 sec to 1 min delay (whichever i choose) not triggered by any event just a nonstop loop.

Useless eff
    did you get it to work yet?

Useless eff
    Kai has the way to do it. you have to setup a trigger. Or, if you don't need those delays times of 30sec and a minute, try this...

Under mover properties>object>InitialState>

you have some options there, one is constant loop. see if that works, but i'm pretty sure you have to setup a trigger. just put the trigger at the playerstart, or make the trigger have a huge proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmiles
    uhhh... k little lost (but does help a little)... all i want is for 4 movers to open and close on a loop with a 30 sec to 1 min delay (whichever i choose) not triggered by any event just a nonstop loop.
    Your list would be:

0) ACTION_TriggerEvent > Event=MyMover1 (Whatever the Tag of the mover is)
    1) ACTION_WaitFOrTimer > Timer=X (30 sec, 60 sec, whatever you want)
    2) ACTION_TriggerEvent > Event=MyMover1
    3) ACTION_WaitForTimer > Timer=Y (again the number of seconds you want it to stay open/closed)
    4) ACTION_GoToAcrion > Action=0

You see, this IS a loop. The trigger goes from Action 1 to Action 4, and because the last action says it has to go back to the first action, it will constantly repeat. It opens, waits, closes, waits. Return. Open, wait, close, wait, return. Etc etc.

And you can easily assign multiple movers to this. Just make sure that all those movers have the same Tag.

Anyway, I'd be willing to take and upload a couple of pics to help you out if you need any

ok that helps more thnx

Why don't you just PM LB? Unless you want every one to join in on the convo.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit01
    Why don't you just PM LB? Unless you want every one to join in on the convo.
    Some of it is useful reference for those of us who have just got round to building a cuboid with pretty wallpaper and no doors.

i want anyone who knows how to be able to post, if i didn't post then kai wouldn't have been able to post how