Thread: Tombs Build

Tombs Build

Just wanted to lay out the build we are going to use in tombs/GvG in the coming days! Basically standard ranger spike, but the roles of people will be different. Here are the roles for the guild players!

3 Ranger spike builds, played by Myself, Seduction, and Vaseline. All R/Me
    Skills: Dual Shot, Savage Shot, Punishing Shot{elite}, Read the wind, distortion, res signet. the remaining 2 slots will varry by ranger. we will decide when the time comes.
    Attribute Layout:
    Marksmanship: 16 (12+3+1)
    Expertise: 13 (11+2)
    Illusion Magic: 6
    Weapon Sets: Required by all Spikers :Vampiric PvP Horn Bow, 15% damage While health above 50%, all other weapon stats decided by user.

1 Orders Necro, played by BleuBallz, Me/N
    Skills: Order of Pain, Order of the Vampire{elite}, Vampiric Gaze, Blood Renewal, Res sig. Other 3 slots will be decided by the user based on his playstyle.
    Attribute Layout:
    Blood Magic: 11
    Fast Casting: 13 (11+2)
    Remaining attributes will be decided by the user. Weapon Sets will be decided by user based on playstyle/needs.

1 Interrupt Mesmer, Played by SirKancer, Me/<any>
    Skills: Power Spike, Power Leak, Power Drain, Shame, Soothing Images, Migraine{elite}, Conjure Phantasm, Res Sig.
    Attribute Layout:
    Fast Casting: 10 (8+2)
    Illusion Magic: 13 (11+2)
    Domination Magic: 11 (9+1+1)
    Inspiration Magic: 10 (8+2)
    Weapon Sets will be decided by user based on playstyle/needs.

1 Spellbreaker Monk, player unknown, Mo/Me
    Skills: Orison of Healing, Healing Touch, Dwaynas Kiss, Heal Other, Heal Party, Healing Seed, Spellbreaker{elite}, Channeling.
    Attribute Layout:
    Healing Prayers: 15 (12+3)
    Divine Favor: 13 (10+2+1)
    Inspiration Magic: 8

1 Word of Healing monk, played by Sorano, Mo/Me
    Skills: Orison of Healing, Healing Touch, Dwaynas Kiss, Word of Healing {elite}, Heal Other, Heal Party, Healing Seed, Channeling.
    Attribute Layout:

1 Martyr Protection Monk, player unknown, Mo/Me
    Skills: Reversal of Fortune, Guardian, Protective Spirit, Mend Ailment, Smite Hex, Martyr, Convert Hex's, Channeling.
    Attribute Layout:
    Protection Prayers: 15 (12+3)
    Weapon Sets Required to have 20% enchant wrapping, all ther weapon stats decided by user.

Well this is a build that we will be using in the near future for tombs, and a tweaked version for GvG. One of the 2 unassigned monk positions i would like to be played by Stuffit, choice of which one ill leave to you. If anyone has any questions/suggestions, ask me in game/vent, or post here in this thread. Thanks everyone!! and lets kick some ass soon!

Re: Tombs Build

Sounds like it should be interesting to try out

Its Already Ready Already BleuBallz's Avatar

I am excited to try it!!

that interrupt mesmer could use mantra of persistence...

and theres no hard res anywhere

to put in mantra of persistence the build would lose one of the main things, and persistence isnt really needed seeing as with that build migraine lasts longer then the recast, as does phantasm. so there isnt really a need. and i know there is no hard res, but we shouldnt need one. like i told sorano, if 5 rez's isnt enough, i dont think we deserve to win :O

Now that I know what a hard rez is, I agree we shouldnt need one. Once everything starts to work out between us all, hopefully we will only be rezing once or twice. Tonight we better get a chance to try all this stuff out, excited to see how it goes!!

Quote Originally Posted by DionysiusArilia
    Just wanted to lay out the build we are going to use in tombs/GvG in the coming days! Basically standard ranger spike, but the roles of people will be different. Here are the roles for the guild players!

3 Ranger spike builds, played by Myself, Seduction, and Vaseline. All R/Me
    Skills: Dual Shot, Savage Shot, Punishing Shot{elite}, Read the wind, distortion, res signet. the remaining 2 slots will varry by ranger. we will decide when the time comes.
    Attribute Layout:
    Marksmanship: 16 (12+3+1)
    Expertise: 13 (11+2)
    Illusion Magic: 6
    Weapon Sets: Required by all Spikers :Vampiric PvP Horn Bow, 15% damage While health above 50%, all other weapon stats decided by user.

1 Orders Necro, played by BleuBallz, Me/N
    Skills: Order of Pain, Order of the Vampire{elite}, Vampiric Gaze, Blood Renewal, Res sig. Other 3 slots will be decided by the user based on his playstyle.
    Attribute Layout:
    Blood Magic: 11
    Fast Casting: 13 (11+2)
    Remaining attributes will be decided by the user. Weapon Sets will be decided by user based on playstyle/needs.

1 Interrupt Mesmer, Played by SirKancer, Me/<any>
    Skills: Power Spike, Power Leak, Power Drain, Shame, Soothing Images, Migraine{elite}, Conjure Phantasm, Res Sig.
    Attribute Layout:
    Fast Casting: 10 (8+2)
    Illusion Magic: 13 (11+2)
    Domination Magic: 11 (9+1+1)
    Inspiration Magic: 10 (8+2)

1 Spellbreaker Monk, player unknown, Mo/Me
    Skills: Orison of Healing, Healing Touch, Dwaynas Kiss, Heal Other, Heal Party, Healing Seed, Spellbreaker{elite}, Channeling.
    Attribute Layout:

1 Word of Healing monk, played by Sorano, Mo/Me
    Skills: Orison of Healing, Healing Touch, Dwaynas Kiss, Word of Healing {elite}, Heal Other, Heal Party, Healing Seed, Channeling.
    Attribute Layout:

1 Martyr Protection Monk, player unknown, Mo/Me
    Skills: Reversal of Fortune, Guardian, Protective Spirit, Mend Ailment, Smite Hex, Martyr, Convert Hex's, Channeling.
    Attribute Layout:
    Protection Prayers: 15 (12+3)
    Weapon Sets Required to have 20% enchant wrapping, all ther weapon stats decided by user.

Well this is a build that we will be using in the near future for tombs, and a tweaked version for GvG. One of the 2 unassigned monk positions i would like to be played by Stuffit, choice of which one ill leave to you. If anyone has any questions/suggestions, ask me in game/vent, or post here in this thread. Thanks everyone!! and lets kick some ass soon!

lots of holes in this build.

First of all 3 rangers against a decent team usually wont kill someone if the infuser is any good. You have to think that every team is running 1 to 2 aegis's, as well as an infuse. Thats not considering self stances, gaurdian etc. You're also missing the longbows. You need a 5/1 horn and a sundering longbow for ranged spikes.

On heal monk get rid of word of heal and replace it with offering of blood Mo/N. No one runs that anymore. For this infuse heal monk bar run:
    orison-dwayna-seed-party-infuse hp-offering of blood-smitehex-holyveil.

Thats pretty standard with all top guilds for tomb infuse heal. It's a giant misconception you need 35153 heals. 2 is fine. I dont recommend running superiors either. 14 heal 10div 9blood is fine. SB monks are usually the same thing except substitute infuse for aegis or something.

Prot monks usually stay mo/me, but channeling isnt really enough energy management. Bring inspired hex. And by the way, your prot monk is martyr'ing with no means of taking conditions off of him. Martyr is something that gets immediately targeted for shutdown, & warrior whoring. Getting stuck perma crippled with no outside removal will be a pain in the ass.

The migraine mes is sort of out of place in the build. You need to either stick to ranger spike, or focus on something else. Migraine in itself is an entirely different build.

Dunno, just pointing out some of the stuff that first came to mind. If you want a rspike build or some sort of modded ideas I can get a guildie to tell me all the bars im not sure on.
    Last edited by RuKuS; 02-12-2006 at 02:48 AM.
    R U K U S