Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shutting down the Pub Server

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Useless eff

Shutting down the Pub Server

The private elite server will continue to operate, but I'm shutting down the pub server for good. It's time to let it go. ut2k4 is near dead for any new players. Any individuals currently playing on it have a little more than a week to get to level 2500 so that they can join the elite private server. After that, too bad. Just email me, and I will determine if I will allow you to join the private server.

Red face Re: Shutting down the Pub Server

OMG im only level 2000 please let me in pleaseeeeee, I have been playing on the server for months dont it go to a wast let me in the elite cause i feel my skills are l33t.....

Messing around with the ladys since 1991.

Re: Shutting down the Pub Server

Light dont worry about it

when summer comes next year it will be hoppin!
    i havent played a while because of school

but i shall come on soon!

You mean that UT2007 will be.. "hoppin"?
    Well, it's a great thing that this server has been running for so long; over a year since the last release of the mod.
    It's cool to see people still interested in the game. Last time I checked the pub server was occupied regulary.

And while all things come to an end I'd just like to stand still and thank you for the time and effort you put into the server and all things that come with it.
    Too bad that this shutdown'll be the end of the community, unless the private server got more populated since I last checked.
    But it was fun while it lasted...
    And it lasted surprisingly long.

Allright, that's the end of the sentimental rant.
    Good day

Useless eff

October 18th will be the last day. :sniff: :sniff:

The private server is occasionally busy, but not regularly. Also, my website will be cancelled soon as well.

nnnooooooo light dont do this
    i know ur keeping the private server but even by winter cause alot of us are at skool work and sports trust me
    and dont close ur web this is how hlaf of us stay in contact

but if u do ill make a site so we can all stay in contact

Useless eff

This forum is not part of my website. I am not in control for how long we have this forum, but they haven't requested us to leave.

Heh, realized that $40 a month was better spent elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by (A.S.S)Phydeau View Post
    Heh, realized that $40 a month was better spent elsewhere?
    I think we should all realise that it more than just a matter of 40USD per month.

The investment in time on the part of LB has been enormous - making packages work together that were never intended to do so, constantly tuning and varying the monsters for our gaming pleasure, dealing with awkward users etc.

We should all be grateful (I am).

Thanks!
    65 million years old and counting...

Useless eff

No, I enjoy doing this. However, I need to cut back on spending on things I enjoy in order to pay for things I need like car insurance. Tonight, it will be cancelled, but I don't know when they will actually shut it down.

Evil has no name, just a face... my face [MiC]GothGirl's Avatar

(I am not)

hehe, but your newby server is gone now? (didn't play much there so np for me)
    too bad cuz that was one of the popular FHI servers (Parser will get you for this )
    and I even saw your homesite was still on... (unchanged since May 2005, but on )
    and I even saw (saw a lot) that you only can go in your section of this forum (or I have this problem only; cuz I can't go to another Beyondtheportal page than your little Symposium; really annoying cuz I want to edit my sign... snif)

PS, if you could make it till the end of this 'quick reply' then I come back at my gratefulness (me's thinking found a new word, then me seeing it already exists... snif :'() We all thank lbsy soooo... how could you doubt about that? rrrr and btw lb, saw somewhere why you loved certain people for what reason... i'm very pleased i'm still at your list... but the reason hmmz... i typed that word in google... and found not such a nice pictures... nasty boy*)

TADA!!! and who was thinking you can post without PICS!!! hah hah take that!!! *lbsy*

Quote Originally Posted by [MiC]GothGirl View Post
    gratefulness
    "Gratitude"

i typed that word in google... and found not such a nice pictures... nasty boy*)
    LB is showing his age in the meaning that he intended for that word. The meaning that he intended is "plucky, brave, couragous, with attitude". (and if LB didn't intend that meaning then I strongly suggest that he quit whilst he is ahead and not disagree with the definition that I have given ) However, I'm pretty certain that LB intended it as a compliment.
    65 million years old and counting...

Useless eff

I even saw your homesite was still on... (unchanged since May 2005, but on )
    I will cancel that in 2 or 3 weeks.

I even saw (saw a lot) that you only can go in your section of this forum (or I have this problem only; cuz I can't go to another Beyondtheportal page than your little Symposium; really annoying cuz I want to edit my sign... snif)
    I have the same problem with my desktop computer, but my laptop computer is ok. try using firefox.

PS, if you could make it till the end of this 'quick reply' then I come back at my gratefulness (me's thinking found a new word, then me seeing it already exists... snif :'() We all thank lbsy soooo... how could you doubt about that? rrrr and btw lb, saw somewhere why you loved certain people for what reason... i'm very pleased i'm still at your list... but the reason hmmz... i typed that word in google... and found not such a nice pictures... nasty boy*)
    not everyone knows about you and me Elaynsy mmmmmm. (i am kidding) Ironmonkey is correct. I use spunky to mean energetic, couragous, determined, very much alive and kicking anything in your way, and you strive to be the best. That's what I like about you. I just hope we stay in touch because I am curious to know the path you take in life. I think you could be a boss at a large corporation someday.lol.

Useless eff

lb,
    Your account has been canceled per your request. We hope you will select us again for your needs in the near future. If there is anything we can do for you please let us know.

Your service located at 72.9.229.71 is no longer active.

Thanks
    Art of War Central.com.
    sniff sniff. my pub server is officially cancelled. looks like according to the red dot in the game monitor, it is dead. :cry:

Hey, you could always open the remaining up for the public on weekends.