Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Black ops?

Re: Black ops?

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaMan View Post
    On Steam your username is "Junglist" and you last logged on "over 1 year ago".
    You sure? That would be a pretty hard name to get without anything else attached to it. I thought it was junglistsouljah or something along those lines. I don't have it installed, so I can't check. When I get my new laptop I'll put it on there.

Yeah, I think you're right. The "display name" everyone sees and your Steam "username" are probably different. Other users can't see your Steam login info on your profile.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993311103/
    BuddhaMan -- Showin' the ladies his "O" face since 1986

Damn, that is my account. I see you guys still kept me on your friends list although I haven't been on in ages. I'll be on soon... do some gaming on the PC for a bit and see if I miss it. I wouldn't mind trying out black ops with a mouse and keyboard.

Yea try playing the game without the auto aim

Your still on my steam friends list too.

Quote Originally Posted by [zer0] View Post
    Yea try playing the game without the auto aim

Your still on my steam friends list too.
    There isn't much auto aim on the 360.. Sometimes it screws me up like if I'm aimed at someone who is far away, and an enemy that is closer comes anywhere near blocking line of sight. Then it will take my sights off of the guy from far away, but it's not like it snaps to the guy who is closer. It is kind of wacky how it works.

Honestly though Black Ops doesn't seem like the kind of game that would really benefit from mouse over controller gameplay. I honestly believe I could still be competitive against mouse users on a controller, in Black Ops anyway. It just isn't fast enough gameplay like UT was to really say that the game is unplayable on a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by |IB|NieN View Post
    There isn't much auto aim on the 360.. Sometimes it screws me up like if I'm aimed at someone who is far away, and an enemy that is closer comes anywhere near blocking line of sight. Then it will take my sights off of the guy from far away, but it's not like it snaps to the guy who is closer. It is kind of wacky how it works.

Honestly though Black Ops doesn't seem like the kind of game that would really benefit from mouse over controller gameplay. I honestly believe I could still be competitive against mouse users on a controller, in Black Ops anyway. It just isn't fast enough gameplay like UT was to really say that the game is unplayable on a controller.
    Ive played the console version and the snap is annoying as hell and very much there to assist the console player in aiming. The gameplay isnt fast, but you would definitely have a major advantage with a mouse over a controller. Im almost certain you wouldnt be able to hang with PC players if you were just using a controller(unless your are GODLY and I really do mean godly with a controller).

Come around sometime, hit me up on steam when you get ur laptop.

I'm not godly by any stretch of the imagination with a controller... but I have been playing on the 360 since COD4 and easily keep over a 2.5kd in all COD games and in MW2 (which was a gimped out cheap ass game) I had over a 3.6kd with well over 100k kills. That isn't playing for a high K/D either.. that is just me running around like an idiot trying to salvage the game while my idiot teammates ruin it.

Of course I'm fairly confident, no.. more like fairly 100% positive, that the vast majority of people who play on XBox live are fucking idiots so I guess me kicking the shit out of them really isn't saying much.

I do miss some PC gaming and I will definitely hit you up when I get my new machine. I haven't really decided if I'm going to get a desktop or a laptop. I don't really do much gaming on PC anymore so a laptop kind of suits me better... but if I could get a really nice gaming rig for around $2,500 with everything included I might be interested in going the desktop route. That is kind of my budget and I have priced some pretty nice laptops in that range.... so I'm really leaning towards the laptop and I'm far too lazy and out of touch anymore to know what the best bang for the buck is as far as desktop stuff goes.

If your budget is that high, why don't you look at a gaming laptop? The newer Alienware laptops look good.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaMan View Post
    If your budget is that high, why don't you look at a gaming laptop? The newer Alienware laptops look good.
    You'd be surprised but you can't get a high end gaming laptop for just $2,500. I've been pricing Sager laptops as they seem to be the only ones that have a gtx 480m and aren't astronomically priced. I could get a decent "gaming" laptop but the video would be garbage compared to what I could get on a desktop. I'm not sure where exactly I want to put my money... do I want to gear it more towards high end video gaming, or a better cpu and a nice SSD with a shit ton of ram? I just don't know. At least a desktop would be upgradeable. I really don't know what to do at this point. I have a month or so to give it some thought.

If I were in your position I would just get a desktop... you can get a killer desktop for less than a grand and it will crush anything you will get in a laptop. Especially with the new intel sandy bridges out. I dont see the need for a laptop unless you are always on the go(like business trips or something). Go dekstop and save some money for something else.I mean you could always use the extra money to pimp out your computer... 30 inch monitor... 3d Monitor... tri sli.. crossfire... although none of that is needed.

< 1k computer bank the rest.

As for the xbox players... theyre only marginally worse than the PC guys...on PC they still run around like chickens with their heads chopped off.

Really? The new high end CPUs are still 1k each and the high end videocards are $500. I haven't done enough research to know what the best bargain performance system is yet. Maybe I'll start doing some research.

Best bargain performance video card is probably going to be the GTX560 Ti. It's rumored to come out on the 25th so that would work out just right for your buying plans. Probably have write-ups on Anandtech, PC Perspectives, Tom's Hardware, Hard OCP, (and the rest of the usual suspects) by the end of the month.

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2011/01/...t-launch-25th/

http://www.fudzilla.com/graphics/ite...x-560-ti-cards

http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/h...ne+|+News% 29

Quote Originally Posted by |IB|NieN View Post
    Really? The new high end CPUs are still 1k each and the high end videocards are $500. I haven't done enough research to know what the best bargain performance system is yet. Maybe I'll start doing some research.
    You dont need the highest end stuff these days. The sandy bridge 2600k is $330 bucks.. it can easily be overclocked the 4ghz..way more than you'll need for todays games. You also dont need the best video card as well... that really depends on the resolution your going to be running. A lot of research to be done.

And the 4GHz Jay mentioned is using air, not water cooling. I can't remember if those speeds required an aftermarket heatsink/fan though. Personally, I hate the stock heatsink/fan Intel or AMD always gives you. Aftermarket stuff is always cooler + quieter.

Read more in Anand's review: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/t...-2100-tested/3

Personally, I wouldn't get one of the unlocked "K" processors because I'd like to use the virtualization stuff it's lacking. See the feature chart at the bottom of this page:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/t...-2100-tested/2

Havent played Black Ops on pc yet but it was pretty slick on the 360. I prefer MoH to Black Ops myself but I know I am in the minority there. I have become less inclined to spend bunches of money on computers now that these kids are becoming more time demanding and more expensive lol

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them. -Ronald Reagan