PDA

View Full Version : American McGee's Oz

Mozartt
11-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Game developer Carbon 6's American McGee is busy putting his signature touch on another classic children's tale - Oz.

http://www.avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=11222002-9519

http://www.avault.com/news/screenshots/ozshot1.jpg

Ravage[CS]
11-24-2002, 07:53 PM
it's it's anoything like alice, it will be another kickass game that i only play a little bit of ;) I just couldn't dig the 3rd-person style of Alice, but definitely give it merit for what they did in that game. Hope McGee's magic works just as well in Oz

Arioch
11-25-2002, 01:16 PM
I had alice for a few days, it had cool graphics and stuff going on.
I cant remeber why i brought it back , but it was cool looking.

Herrenvolk
11-25-2002, 03:00 PM
Christina does look yummy--err nm!:D
I have Alice installed coincidently. This will be my second time playing it through. I love it!:cool:

Arioch
11-25-2002, 03:49 PM
no more sexxy sigs for me. :stupid: :D

Herrenvolk
11-25-2002, 03:50 PM
WTF!
Bring it back!:(

Arioch
11-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Rodger . I just made it. lol

Mozartt
11-25-2002, 05:24 PM
The third person games are hard to play at times but I really just trip on the story line. I'm so sick of the games where you the only person who can stop evil from invading the world and you only have a shotgun to do it with!!!! How many times do we have to do Doom over and over again?

Arioch
11-25-2002, 10:08 PM
kingpin was a fun game. They need another one.

Ravage[CS]
11-25-2002, 10:54 PM
kingpin can lick my ballz, i got SO far into that game and then it froze in this one part... my save game got thrashed in the process of the game crashing, i said "fuck this game" and never played it again

was cool until then tho. minus retarded "oh god please help me you're pointing a gun at me so im going to run around in a 2-foot wide circle now until you blast my head off" AI :D

Arioch
11-26-2002, 12:28 AM
i liked the cussing and funny stuff. the way you could say good , nuetral and bad shot to the charactors.

thats what was fun. the first area , and some dude sayin dont be lookin at my bitch, then hes tryin to whack ya in the head with a pole. lol

and the black dude with the dog walkin around the street cussin to himself, and sayin that his street. very funny game.

Mozartt
11-26-2002, 05:30 PM
Anybody play Jedi Knight? It started out great but started to suck at the halfway point. Need more bad guys.

Ravage[CS]
11-27-2002, 08:25 AM
JK 1 and 2 both sucked. period

Mozartt
11-27-2002, 12:42 PM
So Rav...tell us how you really feel??? http://jeeptalk.org/crack/smilies/otn/wink/thumb.gif How could you not like the light saber? Every body wanted a light saber after seeing the first movie.

Mr_Nobody
11-27-2002, 02:48 PM
For me, JK2 only really got interesting once I had the light saber :D DAMN those first few battles with the dark jedi were intense!

And I give American McGee a lot of credit for doing truly creative stuff with Alice. Some of my favorite SP gaming moments were from that game ... the level where you are walking through the lava fields, and you come around a corner and see a normal-looking house up at the top of a cliff. Suddenly, what's happening in the overall flow of the game becomes crystal clear. Pretty cool stuff.

Looking forward to Oz, esp since I was a big fan of that whole series of books growing up.