PDA

View Full Version : My last duty day....=(

KegRun
02-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Today is my last day of working here at my base in Tucson, AZ. I'm moving to Ft. Walton Beach, FL next week and will begin working there. What's funny is...I never..EVER thought I would be sad about leaving. I've been here over 4 years and have met so many damn people and so many damn good friends. I met the love of my life here and spent 3.5 years of happiness with her. But becuase of her I lost a lot of friends. Now that we broke up in December, I've rekindled all of my old friendships and I have nothing but fun every night with them. And now I have to leave!! WTF!! Life is cruel sometimes. Yes..i'm moving to florida...but it's just not how I thought I would be. i thought I would still be with her and house searching with her when we got down there. But now I'm going alone and leaving all my friends and all my memories behind which actually makes me get misty eyed. Only reason why I'm going to florida is because she was. And now she might not be since she's trying to move to georgia to be with her husband that she only has known for like 3 months and got married when she had only known him for 2 months in the desert. Yes...life has been fun being single these last few months. But now it's gonna suck because I'm gonna be alone when I get to florida. I'll have no friends and i'll have all these new people. No one will know me and no one will know my past and the shit that i've been through. I guess that could be a good thing...but it just sucks also. BAH...oh well.

Peach
02-12-2003, 12:28 PM
aawww but new beginnings r always fun hun!! U can start all over again...fresh slate...make the best of it!! Not everyone gets to start over...and u have learned from it all so u can make it even better this go around!!

CDSaint
02-12-2003, 12:39 PM
LoL you can always get a hold of SC and i am sure he can show around all the Big Lots! stores in Florida!:laugh:

JoseyWales
02-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Tyler:

Don't know ya but felt obligated to cheer ya up.

I'm in Pensacola and just down the street from Eglin and Hurlbut AFB's. I'm guessing your Military since you said the BASE word.

The white sandy beaches of FW beach are rivaled only by the Bahama's. The color of water is just stunning. Chicks of all ages abound everywhere. Cost of living is dirt cheap!!! Need I say more. The locals..... well it takes some time to adjust to the deep south. If your not from there that is. Summer is FKing humid.
Summer is mega hot!

Good luck
Josey

I work with the Blue Angels stop by and see us.

KegRun
02-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks Josey. You sure you don't know me? I still remember you from when I used to play as Gladiator {vNv}. But anyways.

Thanks man. And yeah i'm military..air force to be exact. And i'm going to Hurlburt. I just had my going away luncheon today and had like 50 people show up. I was like WOW. And heck yeah i'll come see ya sometime. Plus I HAVE to party in Pensacola sometime..lol. I didn't know the beaches were gonna be that nice though...sounds nice!. I gotta buy two things as soon as i get down there. Jet Ski..and Motorcycle. Oh and I'm from southern Georgia originally so the humidity aint a factor for me. So do you actually fly with the Angels or you just work on them? Even then you still get a cool looking uniform though..lol. I think you do at least.

JoseyWales
02-12-2003, 05:33 PM
No problem Tyler.

Glad to clarify the beach issue. No I'm not a flyer I'm one of the maintenance chiefs. My first 15 years I turned wrenches on FA/18 hornets. Now I try to get kids motivated to go out and turn the same wrenches. I put my name on a piece of paper saying the aircraft are safe to fly. Over at Hurlburt we routinely ask for parts for our C130 transport.

Good luck on your move.
Josey.

Right now I'm deployed in the desert near Yuma AZ. Oooh goodie

KegRun
02-12-2003, 06:33 PM
eeesh. That must suck to be deployed in this state!!! lmao.

So what are you rank wise? e-7 or 8? I don't know marines rank name though. I'm an e-4 in the Air Force.

KegRun
02-12-2003, 06:36 PM
yay!;) :cool:

http://www.destin-fwb.com/images/home_pics/image1/index_10.jpg

BuddhaMan
02-12-2003, 07:00 PM
ten-HUT!

Us Air Force guys don't call stateside trips deployments. They just plain old Temporary Duty or 'TDY'.

I'm going someplace sandy...but it ain't white... :(

SealClubber
02-13-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by CDSaint
LoL you can always get a hold of SC and i am sure he can show around all the Big Lots! stores in Florida!:laugh:

A YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK! YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!YUCK!

AND A YUCK YUCK!

http://www.stealthdesignz.net/cwmsmilies/cwm/big/Duhard.gifhttp://www.stealthdesignz.net/cwmsmilies/cwm/big/Duhard.gifhttp://www.stealthdesignz.net/cwmsmilies/cwm/big/Duhard.gif

CDSaint
02-13-2003, 08:00 PM
At least you have something to show him...other than the little size you carry around!