PDA

View Full Version : New RX Bandits!!!

Saga
07-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Just picked this one up...what an album..highly recommended..only what happened to the horns? (strange enough i still get a strong ska vibe)

The cd comes with a nice little dvd..all for 9 bucks

SpazTheProphet
07-15-2003, 09:32 PM
now here is something different. Saga is right, the ska section seems to be gone but whatever, man this is a great album. It has a sort of Sublime style sound of Reggae/punk/rock except its accompanied by a progressive attitude towards music. A lot of these songs have great parts of them that are merely jams and the guys just playing and fucking around. I really like it, its a great cd...............but i dont know how it adds up to Progress. Progress was amazing :D

Saga
07-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Progress was the best album of the year....BUT, I really like this new album as well...for a band on Drive Thru records it is very "progressive"...but for 9 bucks...I mean, wow..I would be happy to pay 15 for it

Check these guys out anyone!

And Spaz, I like Progress a bit more at this point...although, I"ve only listened to the Resignation a couple of times. This record sort of reminded me of the new Less Than Jake..both bands seemed to abandon their ska sound....

SpazTheProphet
07-15-2003, 11:47 PM
well ska has seemed to just gone. but honestly rx bandits were always better then ska. i mean, that first album they had was a great generic ska album. but Progress man.........wtf that cd was insane. it still had the ska sound but was much more evolved and overly mature. they decided to play a lot more and let the music lead them instead of leading the music to what they wanted. here they seem to have just basically made a whole shitload of B sides to Progressive except have decided to jam a whole lot more.

and ill agree with you, id easily pay $15 bones for this one. i got it downloaded but its on the list of albums to buy.

Saga
07-15-2003, 11:50 PM
FINALLY, someone replies to my random bands threads FINALLY

SpazTheProphet
07-16-2003, 12:02 PM
haha dude if you look back in this forum, its really just you and me whoring it up! with the occasional presence of buns, fades, palli, jester, glad.........................but its always us! dont be so damn surprised!!!!

by the way, my favorite song so far is Never Slept So Soundly

Saga
07-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Nice choice! I'm diggin' Mastering the List and Overcome

Saga
07-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Don't know if you checked out the dvd yet, but there's a video of an acoustic version of Overcome..absolutely awesome!

SpazTheProphet
07-19-2003, 11:26 PM
i didnt buy it lol, so i dont go no dvd :D

Saga
07-19-2003, 11:54 PM
Go buy it! 9 bucks!