PDA

View Full Version : Need computer speaker help (with setup)

BuddhaMan
01-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Anyone can chime in here but I'm posting this in the DBA forum 'cause I'm mainly querying Stuffit, Reg, and Ronin as I know their audiophiles.

Problem #1

WTF is this rod thingie in the back of my center speaker? What is the "correct" way I'm suppose to mount this speaker? I've never seen one of these.

BuddhaMan
01-19-2004, 08:53 PM
Problem #2

Depending on the above answer on mounting/using the center speaker...where do you think is the best place to put it? I could possibly get motivated and make a wire speaker stand to have it above center of my LCD panel. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah...Ignore the weak ass Sony 3 watt speakers in the pic as these Klipsch 5.1 Ultras are replacing them. Quite the upgrade eh? :) Sub is bottom left on the pic along with the speaker controller (for now...goal is to move the controller on top of the Sound card's breakout box on top of the computer.)

=DBA=Ronin
01-20-2004, 07:49 AM
I cant be certain, but it looks to me like that rod is meant to support the speaker if you were to place it on top of an uneven surface...like a computer monitor. Is it adjustable in any way?

There really is no one way to mount it...just whatever works best, although you do want it as close to center of your monitor as possible for the best imaging.

=DBA=Ronin
01-20-2004, 07:51 AM
You mentioned the controller...you have the ones where they are mounted to the bottom of one of the sattelites?

I removed mine and fixed a small piece of plexiglass to the top of it, and then mounted it right next to me under my desktop. Ill get a pic of it later tonight to show you.

Stuffit
01-20-2004, 02:11 PM
The center speaker is ment to be on top of the monitor, or below it. The rod is used to tilt the speaker up or down depending upon where the sleaker is, (top or bottom).

BuddhaMan
01-20-2004, 05:37 PM
O I C...that will work for a nomal monitor but on a flat panel I'm screwed.

Ronin: The speaker is adjustable (as Stuffit said) and the new Ultras have a separate controller like below.

BuddhaMan
01-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Dammit...hit reply when I meant to hit the attach pic button.

=DBA=Ronin
01-20-2004, 06:31 PM
whoa...thats quite a bit different from my 4.1's. Here is what I was reffering to:

=DBA=Ronin
01-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Uggg...I have such a mess of wires behind my desk!!! I reckon I found my project for this weekend!!