PDA

View Full Version : I get a new computer but..

Shogun
03-26-2004, 10:39 AM
It doesnt have a hard disk drive. I mean wtf. I know most people dont use disks anymore but isnt it still standard to put them in? I use this old pos digital camera from time to time which saves images to a disk and thats what I need it for. I mean they had asked me if I needed anything special for my computer before they shipped it but I didnt consider this something special. So now I have to call this fuck up again and be like uhh I need a hard disk drive for this pos camera and probably have to ship it back to them in florida =\

Just a little rant

KegRun
03-26-2004, 11:25 AM
u mean floppy disk?

KegRun
03-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Here's one for 12 bucks from new()

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=21-103-116&depa=1

Shogun
03-26-2004, 11:36 AM
yes floppy and I know they are dirt cheap but this is a work computer (dell). I looked around the office but there arent any disk drives. I tried a useless attempt to ask if anyone had an external one...all that did was get blank stares and people saying "thats not my specialty."

LightBringer
03-29-2004, 12:57 PM
lol, did you ask "just what the hell is your specialty, anyway? All I see is you on the phone all the time with your side business..."

I have a 5 1/4" floppy disk drive still...just in case.

Shogun
03-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Heh I took apart the impenetratable fortress that was my old dell optiplex computer and surgically removed the disk drive in that computer only to find the new dell uses a thinner disk drive. Oh well. Cant get a hold of the guys in florida who take care of this crap so my voice mail is waiting to be heard. Did I mention dell computers are a PIECE OF SHIET@!

Hexum
03-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Floppy Disks are so 70's. :laugh:

Pallidrone
03-29-2004, 02:57 PM
According to Dell that is a special request to have a floppy and most of their buisness computers do not carry one. Their thought is that you do not need one and if you want to transfer data back and forth, use a USB key.