PDA

View Full Version : Stuffit and Reg or anyone that knows.

KegRun
04-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Gotta any good suggestions on speakers for surround sound for my home theater?

Do you prefer the smaller ones about the size of your hand? Or the towered tweeter and subs? Or the super skinny stick speaker things.

Do you have any AFFORDABLE brands?

I'm looking for a 7.1 hook up.

KegRun
04-03-2004, 03:36 PM
I have come to believe that my 5 speakers right now are fkn making my receiver short out sometimes.

=DBA=Ronin
04-03-2004, 05:16 PM
depending on what you already have, match em with whats already there.

otherwise, i have a pair of polk fxi30's i might consider selling if your interested.

For subtle, detailed surround effects for your high-performance home theater, check out Polk's FXi30 dipole/bipole speakers. You'll enjoy a great mix of direct and indirect sound, thanks to the 45° angled driver arrays. With a 1" silk/polymer dome tweeter and a newly redesigned 5-1/4" Dynamic Balance® driver mounted on one baffle, and a second matching tweeter on the other, these little gems really sparkle.

A dipole/bipole switch changes the phase relationship between driver arrays for lots of placement flexibility. The bipole setting is great for speakers placed behind your listening position, and provides clear, directional sound, while dipole usage is ideal for placement to the side of your listening position and results in a more diffuse soundfield. Also includes a keyhole slot for wall-mounting.

Key Features:
bass-reflex
frequency response 55-26,000 Hz (-3dB)
8-ohm impedance
sensitivity 89 dB
handles up to 100 watts
keyhole slot for wall-mounting
black vinyl finish
5-way binding post terminals
9-1/4"W x 11-5/8"H x 8-1/4"D

I really have no need for them anymore. When I get the opportunity to set my home theater back up I plan on using my klipschs until i can buy new stuff.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2002/107/h107fxi30b-f.jpeg

KegRun
04-03-2004, 05:41 PM
depending on what you already have, match em with whats already there.

the ones that I do already have are going out the door when i buy new ones. why are you selling those other speakers?

=DBA=Ronin
04-03-2004, 05:58 PM
they have been out of use since i moved out of my apartment back in september. and seeing as its going to be a while before i can use them again, i figure i just may as well sell them and when the time comes for new diggs i will fire up some new shiznit.

There is nothing wrong with them other than one of the back footpads fell off. They are kinda big and bulky though, which is one of their biggest drawbacks, and quite heavy too.

KegRun
04-03-2004, 06:09 PM
thanks..but no then. I'm sorta wanting something smaller. and 7 of them.