View Full Version : Tourney pics from Dallas

MalorieKnoX
05-27-2004, 09:11 AM
This was a 30 person tourney. I took first and went home with a 19" flat-trini. :0wn3d:

Me being an ass (http://www.dfwfrag.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album39&id=HPIM0110&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php)

Me not being an ass (http://www.dfwfrag.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album39&id=HPIM0111&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php)

dba ownage =^P (http://www.dfwfrag.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album38&id=Round2_end&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php)

more... (http://www.dfwfrag.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album38&id=Round3_end&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php)

last one for now I guess (http://www.dfwfrag.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album38&id=Round4_end&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php)

I am not sure why not all the rounds got posted I have them on my other box though. I am sure nobody really cares bout the screenies but I did wanna show everyone that Quix and I represented. W3rd up!

~Final round was Quix, the guy who won last time, and myself. Quix and I were tied at 24 a piece with a score limit of 25 on the worst map ever (serpentine). I eeek'd out on top somehow by getting him to miss me and I then managed to lay shot square in his chest. Gotta say that the whole was a ton of fun for everyone. I def recommend finding tournies and lan partys in your respective areas that play UT.~

crom
05-27-2004, 09:28 AM
Congrats Mal! Was that instagib, or reg weapons?

-C

MalorieKnoX
05-27-2004, 09:48 AM
IG DM

Stuffit
05-27-2004, 10:28 AM
/me tears up at the thought of one of ours doing good...

waaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn....

gg's

Xc3ss|v3
05-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Congrats JT! Looks like you pretty much dominated the tournament.

Unfortunately since I'm like the only motherfucker in Alabama, I dont think there will be many LAN's around here :( But I guess I could have one with myself and I'd be assured of winning :)

=DBA=Ronin
05-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Holy shit!! Great Job Mal!! Way to represent you sexy bitch!

=DBA=Bigus
05-27-2004, 12:53 PM
w00t!!:D

Serge
05-27-2004, 07:22 PM
I didnt know mal was that sexy...yea it was a noob tornament:finger: wow quixote is in dba...u really merged collective with dba:)

BuddhaMan
05-27-2004, 07:54 PM
You guys going to the one on June 19th and draggin Artis with ya?

Artis
05-27-2004, 10:31 PM
mal and quix are thankful that i was unable to attend.......

congrats though :)

BuddhaMan
05-28-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm askin about the next one coming up.

MalorieKnoX
05-28-2004, 11:35 AM
It was a toss up between Quix and I as it was. With you there, nothin would have changed cept that you'd be in the drawing too. Really it was neck and neck between Quix and I the whole time all the way down till the end. Next month is going to be CoD btw. They are giving away a somewhat highend system though sometime in Aug. It will be ut2k4 igdm. Rest assured the three of us will be there for that.

Artis
05-28-2004, 12:20 PM
im gettin better at cod. is it a team game or like tdm?

BuddhaMan
05-28-2004, 12:32 PM
Damn dood! CPL is the last weekend in July, then Quakecon is in the middle of August. When are they gonna schedule that? Dallas is a good place to be in July and August this year it looks like (if you're inside with air conditioning). :)

I plan on taking leave for 30 days straight from the beginning of the CPL until 24 August or thereabout. I don't see the date for that LAN tourney on the site (no calendar). I need to get out of the BuddhaCave more often so I may come down for that.

Artis
05-28-2004, 12:36 PM
i dont think it is finalized buddha but they generally have an event every month and supposedly jt heard at the last one about the system that will 'probably' be given away. they usually dont publish the event on the site until like a week before although since its a whole system they may advertise this one a little more. jt and/or i will keep you updated though.

BuddhaMan
05-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Cool..I could care less about the system though. Fun is my goal. :)

MalorieKnoX
05-28-2004, 02:02 PM
it's the third Sat. every month. They dont always have a Tourney though. The last one was for their four yr anny. They are going to give away a complete system for sure though. More than likely in Aug. Artis it will be CoD DM

alphageek
05-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by MalorieKnoX
This was a 30 person tourney. I took first and went home with a 19" flat-trini. :0wn3d:

----SNIP----

I am not sure why not all the rounds got posted I have them on my other box though. I am sure nobody really cares bout the screenies but I did wanna show everyone that Quix and I represented. W3rd up!

~Final round was Quix, the guy who won last time, and myself. Quix and I were tied at 24 a piece with a score limit of 25 on the worst map ever (serpentine). I eeek'd out on top somehow by getting him to miss me and I then managed to lay shot square in his chest. Gotta say that the whole was a ton of fun for everyone. I def recommend finding tournies and lan partys in your respective areas that play UT.~

Glad to hear you guys had a good time! I got the rest of the rounds posted up. The final round only has the start and finish screenshots. There weren't any sent to me that were during the round. I guess the designated screenshot person got lazy that last round.

We're still shooting for August to give away a complete system. I have got a Acrylic case and a GIG of PC3200 ram so far from sponsors. Working on a couple of other sponsors and we'll purchase out of pocket anything we can't manage to get sponsorship for.

AlphaGeek
www.dfwfrag.com (http://www.dfwfrag.com/)

Artis
05-31-2004, 01:40 PM
good good good good good good good good.............................................. .......................................

mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine.............................................. .......................................

MalorieKnoX
05-31-2004, 02:31 PM
Alphageek in da house! Good to see ya man. Frequent our forums often and you won't be dissapointed.:bong:

MalorieKnoX
05-31-2004, 02:33 PM
Oh and I am following through with what I said bout working on more sponsorship.

Artis
05-31-2004, 02:58 PM
he is lying alphageek, dont believe him.....

Zero_G
06-01-2004, 04:01 AM
congrats on the win dude :P

i think im goin to quakecon this year to hang out, will i see anyone from here there?

btw, love that wrath of the tyrant shirt :D
strangely, i was like half way into the anthems to the welkin cd when i saw that pic :laugh:

BuddhaMan
06-01-2004, 06:15 AM
If you're going to QuakeCon, go to CPL too man. Dallas, end of July, be there.

MalorieKnoX
06-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Zero_G
congrats on the win dude :P

i think im goin to quakecon this year to hang out, will i see anyone from here there?

btw, love that wrath of the tyrant shirt :D
strangely, i was like half way into the anthems to the welkin cd when i saw that pic :laugh:

Well I'll be there and I'm sure Artis will go as well. Let me know if you need a place to stay as it has become a tradition that ppl stay at my house when in town for Quakecon.

~BTW Anthems is timeless imo. Good to know that there are others here that appreciate what they did.