06-04-2004, 11:44 AM
check this out shad, and anyone else looking into going AMD-64

http://www20.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040602/index.html

MalorieKnoX
06-04-2004, 01:15 PM
great info, nice post.

shanKs
06-04-2004, 02:35 PM
wow good read. so wouldn't you be better off just buying a single stick of 1gig ram and call it a day rather than going two double sided dimms?

BuddhaMan
06-04-2004, 04:03 PM
From the last page of the article (the conclusion)

Anyone toying with the idea of buying an Athlon64 system should exercise care with regard to the memory modules to be used. If possible, a right of return for the motherboard and/or the working memory should be agreed with the dealer when purchasing items - or alternatively a single, 1 GB DIMM should be bought.

Stuffit
06-04-2004, 04:13 PM
agreed Budha, but, there is one advantage to going double sided and two sticks, lower latency and faster cas 2.0. not a big deal but it is better.

MalorieKnoX
06-04-2004, 05:47 PM
plus if one farts out on yeah you aren't totally out.

=DBA=Ronin
06-05-2004, 10:13 AM
wooohooo...my shuttle and corsair passed with all green!

I actually read the earlier article he is reffering to at the begining of this one before I bought my 64bit stuff. After doing so I was really concerend about which memory to get because the results at the time were not looking good. Luckily I came out with a damn good match and I am very pleased with how things are running. And aside from the performance, the physical attributes of the memory I got are pretty kewl too. The heatsinks completely encase the module, leaving only the contacts exposed. And the indicator lights on the top give off a pretty kewl show. It was a costly investment for sure, but I am happy I made it.