View Full Version : Cars...

Podosniper
02-17-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm currenty looking for a 1995 or newer Eagle Talon. Preferably a 97 or 98 TSi turbo that is front wheel drive (i hear the all wheel drive ones tend to have more problems and AWD is a lot of money to fix usually). Anybody know anywhere I can find a good one extremely cheap? I've looked on EBay and auto trader and cars.com. Also does anybody have any suggestions on how I can buy one? hehe. I currently have a 2002 mitsubishi lancer oz rally but can't really afford to have both, but i also can't afford to be without a car so I can't sell this one then buy a talon after because i'll be without a car for a bit.

Xc3ss|v3
02-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Have you checked out auto auctions? Other than that I don't know. I do know that I saw a video of a Talon that can run the 1/4 in 8 secs at like 160mph :D

I have the sister car of what you're lookin for. 97 Mitsu Eclipse, unfortunately, not the Turbo. But I am working on puttin an LS1 V8 (What the Camaro SS and Corvette's have) in it. Yes it will fit :D Over 300 hp in a 2500lb car? Oh my! Throw on a 1000 dollar Supercharger. Holy shit! ;)

Podosniper
02-17-2005, 01:10 PM
LOL... have you seen the new 2006 eclipses? They are crazy hehe. I never heard of an 8 second talon before, lmao.. though it is very possible. I saw a former 10 second talon for sale on ebay, lol. They replaced the engine with the stock so it was no longer there. Somebody told me that the car was probably too exhausted to race more, so they took the engine they had and dropped it in to another talon, hehe.

The fansite eaglecars.com had a 800HP talon being built, lol. Though i think that site hasn't been updated in years.

Artis
02-18-2005, 09:26 AM
im looking to get rid of my car as well.
i have a 2003 mustang sport coupe and would like to get something else but i dont know what to get. i cant decide between anything. i can get something pretty nice but just cant decide what. maybe an audi A4 or a nissan pathfinder, titan, armada. the A4s are supposed to be easy to mod where you can do some pretty amazing things pretty easily i have heard but i dont know. i need something with 4 doors and that has a big engine and is bigger than my mustang which i have to break my neck to get in and out of. the A4 has 4 doors but is still pretty small and only comes with a 4 cylinder engine which supposedly can be made more powerful. i went from a 94 chevy z71 4x4 to a mustang :/

Pallidrone
02-18-2005, 09:32 AM
I am looking to get a Porsche 914, but without the engine in it. If not I am willing to look for another car similar to that type of build for a project I want to take on.

Artis
02-18-2005, 09:45 AM
we need some car experts to come in here and set us all straight.

Bluehen
02-18-2005, 09:48 AM
I am not a car expert - but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Artis
02-18-2005, 09:57 AM
sweet, so what car/suf/truck gets decent gas mileage for its respective category, has 4 doors, and a easily moddable or big engine?

=DBA=Ronin
02-18-2005, 12:25 PM
get one of these. We have one in dire need of major restoration, but its red. A legendary vehicle that will eat up just about anything you put in front of it.

http://216.194.90.151/pics/44/wi724455t.jpg

Xc3ss|v3
02-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Artis....

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/handleHomeFlash.action?vehicleCode=MZ6&modelYear=2005

2005 Mazda 6 Sedan
3.0L V6 220 HP with 4 doors ;)

I'm sure this will do for you :D

Artis
02-18-2005, 01:26 PM
that HP seems good but im not really into how those look. im sort of looking at these (http://audiusa.com/model_home/0,,bodyStyleId-1,00.html?bodystyle=a4sedan).

Pallidrone
02-18-2005, 03:02 PM
I am still looking for a junk car.

Anyone know how much a junk yard would sell a car with no/bad engine, but still has a good body and no real wear and tear?

I want to take out the engine, gas tank ect, and drop and electric engine in it with a 300 volt battery attached to it. Then I want to play.... :)

Artis
02-18-2005, 03:33 PM
palli working on his electric car:
http://ruonthelevel.com/files/weird.jpg

Xc3ss|v3
02-18-2005, 07:16 PM
LOL That just goes to show how different people like different things. Not that I dont like the Audi A4, good lookin car, just in my opinion, the 6 looks better.

50 more HP for 6000 less too :D

CDSaint
02-18-2005, 07:26 PM
i cant picture you fitting in an audi levi...you are way too tall. you'd have your seat pulled all the way back into the back seats! :laugh:

Xc3ss|v3
02-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Heh, I'm 6'1 and fit into a Mitsu Eclipse very comfortably. Yes the seat is back a good ways, but there's no problems with that anyways. I dont think he'd have problems at all.

Besides, the safety precautions suggest that you sit as far back from the air bag as possible. :)

CDSaint
02-19-2005, 01:51 AM
do you have broad shoulders and thick thighs, and huge feet like him too? lol artis barely fit comfortably in our suv and K had his seat pushed all the way forward that he is practically kissing the steering column to give artis room to move his legs...to the left or right. :laugh:

shanKs
02-19-2005, 05:18 AM
do you have broad shoulders and thick thighs, and huge feet like him too? lol artis barely fit comfortably in our suv and K had his seat pushed all the way forward that he is practically kissing the steering column to give artis room to move his legs...to the left or right. :laugh:

I have big guns :dance2:

shanKs
02-19-2005, 05:27 AM
And, Ronin is the fucking man. Yes, he rules, and I have wet sweet taco kisses to send to CD. <3

^^^^
\ /
( ' | ' )
\---/
/( o Y o )\
\ | | /
+| |+
/ ^ \
| | | |
| | | |
+|++ | |++|+
+++++ +++++

CDSaint
02-19-2005, 01:06 PM
jeff you are insane

CDSaint
02-19-2005, 01:06 PM
btw ronin says your gun shoots blanks :eek: :wideeyes:

Artis
02-20-2005, 08:16 PM
i am about 6'3" and weigh about 260 lbs with big feet and broad shoulders. all in all, im large. while i do fit relatively comfortably in my mustang i am not nearly as comfortable as i was in my truck or when i drive my g'fathers truck while helping him out. the audi/eclipse arent much bigger than a mustang but as looks go, i like the audis better. and cd, the audi i would want is a bit bigger than a mustang and has 4 doors.

Artis
02-20-2005, 08:17 PM
basically i dont know what i want. what SUVs do people like? which SUVs get good gas mileage for an larger size vehicle?

BuddhaMan
02-20-2005, 09:13 PM
which SUVs get good gas mileage for an larger size vehicle?
Isn't that an oxymoron...kinda like "jumbo shrimp"? :D

Podosniper
02-21-2005, 01:33 AM
I hear Scion xB's have a lot of room, if you don't mind the box on wheels look. They also have the xA which is a funky looking SUV/Van thingy. My friend had a trailblazer which is kinda nice... my dad used to have a chevy tahoe limited edition that is just a larger trail blazer. My friend scott really likes the nissan titans. I don't really like trucks but they seem pretty good. Just a few to look in to i guess.

CDSaint
02-21-2005, 02:51 AM
well i drive a mercury mtnr, and i hardly travel more than 25 miles during the week so i can make 20 dollars last on my tank for a little over two weeks, however it takes close to 50 dollars to fill up my tank with the gas prices atm. my car is medium sized suv, the larger ones are the honda pilot, which my best friend drives and way too expensive, got over 50 grand laying around? of course my car was bought used and have been refinanced at the rate of 4% interest(hooray for navy fed credit union) so we can afford to pay more than 275 a mo for this puppy. Mitsubishi if you dont mind them have cheaper suv smaller in size or med sized like my mtnr run about 24,000 give or take...much less than what my car costs new. Or you could get a honda crv...my other friend drives it and he is 5 ft 11(well under 6ft) and weighs heavy at 230 and he drives that, gives him plenty of leg room, however his vehicle costs more than mine and his is the older 90's model...so it all depends on your credit, money down, what you can afford monthly, and what you fit in is really what you need to know to purchase any car so good luck finding the right car for you. i dont care what people say about those boxed cars, they remind me of hearsts and i think they are hideous! hey look at me, im driving a mobile casket! LOL! :gag: I think all my siblings in cali drive suv's and boy they pay over 3 bucks per gallon on gas there! and they drive a ton there. isuzu rodeo, toyota highlander,etc. you name it one sister or brother drives an suv or a mini van. hey if none of the above mentioned are big enough still you can always get a suburban! talk about paying with an arm and a leg though! :feelmeh: oh and at this rate looking at the pic of the audi, levi you would need the back door to get into that vehicle!:\

CDSaint
02-21-2005, 02:56 AM
if i recall correctly...shanks has a nice big truck...and he is a big guy like you levi...unless a truck isnt what you want at this point. how about a chevy malibu?lol

Artis
02-21-2005, 08:22 AM
i had a big truck for like 6 yrs. like i said cd, if i can fit in a mustang i can fit in just about anything. thing about the scions is that they pretty much all have pansy engines. i will look into them though. also i said good gas mileage for an suv as a larger vehicle so ya i know its all relative. fuck it, maybe i will just get a truck.

Regulator
02-21-2005, 10:51 AM
i have an '01 pathfinder LE. I like it and gives me plenty of room as the driver, but passengers with big feet have a hard time fitting in the back. That's their problem.

Artis
02-21-2005, 01:21 PM
i have always liked pathfinders and the LE has quite a bit of power but the gas mileage is on par with a full size truck. maybe i just have to resign myself to that.

Regulator
02-21-2005, 01:33 PM
the 2000 model had horrid gas mileage but the 2001 has a pretty good gas consumption rate. i get about 22 mph on the highway. i havent looked into the 2005 models as to their performance and gas mileage.

shanKs
02-21-2005, 01:44 PM
sweet, so what car/suf/truck gets decent gas mileage for its respective category, has 4 doors, and a easily moddable or big engine?

Artis the latest (also extinct from current production) Ford Taurus SHO is a great base model that is a total sleeper. They are very hard to find but it has a V8/FWD and the exterior doesn't give away too much. It has a GREAT interior and ride, and you can build the piss out of that motor. But I don't know if you're looking for a used or new car.

If you're looking for a newer car I'd be careful about doing anything to it other than cold air intake and exhaust system. The manufacturers are very picky about this and if a dealer catches any modding they will void the warranty. But in any case a damn fast sedan in the A4 price range is the Grand Prix GTP.

My $.02

Podosniper
02-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah artis the xA and xB have pansy ass engines. The tC (the car scion makes) has a 160hp engine. Not great but whatever. They are 2 door cars, but from seeing them dricing around they seem like they provide a good amount of room, but I don't really know. If you want a car you might want to look in to mitsu lancers or subaru imprezas. Lancers come in 120hp, 160hp, and 274hp. The imprezas range from like 100-300 i think. These are 4 door cars. I drive a lancer oz rally (basically just a dressed up basic lancer) and i find it pretty comfortable. I'm like 5'10" or so and weigh more than you, lol.

Artis
02-21-2005, 05:49 PM
well the lancer evo with all the trimmings would be nice but it only comes in a manual. same goes for the wrx sti. if the sti came in an automatic trans. then my mind would be made up.

CDSaint
02-21-2005, 10:29 PM
you cant drive a stick shift? you pansy!

Podosniper
02-21-2005, 11:29 PM
Just wait and get a 2006 eclipse, lmao... those things are pretty crazy. They will come standard with a 3.8l v6 263 HP. And of course since it's an eclipse aftermarket stuff will be out in no time, lol. Ummm how about a 3000gt or a dodge stealth? I dunno how those are in size though... prolly kinda small (since they are low to the ground). My friend has a miata... it actually has quite a bit of room, but isn't the easiest to get in to since it's so low to the ground. Anyways that was totally unrealted... lol.

Pallidrone
02-22-2005, 08:18 AM
well i drive a mercury mtnr, and i hardly travel more than 25 miles during the week so i can make 20 dollars last on my tank for a little over two weeks

Man - I wish I only had to drive 25 miles a WEEK! I do that in the morning....

I usually put around 200 miles a week on my car easily. That is why after I got in my car accident I said fuck that and got me a cheap car that I could mess around with and still get good gas mileage out of.

$1200 bucks - 1996 Ford Excort - only had 38k original miles and was in great shape. Sad part is... I got this car back in October and already put 20k miles on it.

Artis
02-22-2005, 09:55 AM
i dont want a manual for 2 reasons. 1 is that i am lazy and when i drive keeping one finger on the wheel and my eyes on the road is asking a lot although i am still a good driver. 2 is that every day of my life i am in pain from my right shoulder and will continue to be so until they come up with a procedure to re-grow bone and although shifting does not require strength the repetitive motion hurts. so...i need an automatic. and ya i drive 20 miles to work every day.

Podosniper
02-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Yeah I drive about 1500 a month, lol. In 6 months i've put 10k miles on my already high mileage 2002 lancer. A 2002 should not have 73k miles on it, lmao.

CDSaint
02-22-2005, 03:59 PM
i was joking levi, i know you have an old shoulder injury. it sucks that they are making it scarce to have a manual available now in most cars though. i miss driving one. plus they were always the cheaper ones off the lot. Palli you got a great deal on that car, but yes sucks that you have put that much mileage into it already. my cavalier that i traded in for my mtnr had well 100 thousand miles on it and i had it for 7 years. we did a lot of traveling up and down the coast of cali,oregon,and washington in it though. when i got my mtnr it had 23,000 miles on it. but we had to do some traveling down to cali again quite a bit this past year so now i have over 56,000 miles on it now. im making up for it now by only taking the car to the store and kids' schools during the week. on weekends we use K's car and we only go out of town and visit his brother 19 miles away from us. so im not really even going beyond 10 maybe 15 miles a week on my car.

Podosniper
02-24-2005, 11:19 PM
I found a local talon that I'm very interested in. It's about 40 or so miles away.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=174166491&dealer_id=55594155&car_year=1995&make=EAGLE&distance=75&car_year=1997&lang=&max_price=&model=TALON&sort_type=yearDESC&end_year=2006&min_price=&certified=&adCertifiedCheck=n&address=91701&search_type=used&advanced=&start_year=1981&isp=y&cardist=32

It's very close to what I want. I wish it wasn't leather and wish it was a 97 or 98, but it does look nice. Its an automatic... I wasn't sure if i wnated an automatic or if i would learn manual so i don't really care either way (though i do want to learn manual, and will soon either way). Now i just need to find a good personal loan or a direct auto loan since it's not a dealer. Any reccomendations? I'm gonna test drive it on saturday.

CDSaint
02-25-2005, 01:56 AM
ffs podo you are a man arent you? learning to drive a manual should be cake...shit you got a shaft practice on that and you will soon learn that all you need to practice on is how to use the pedals while shifting gears. :clueless: :laugh:

CDSaint
02-25-2005, 02:06 AM
its not fun to drive a stick shift vehicle in traffic or when driving uphill especially if you get stopped at a light...however it is quite easy to learn to drive one.

Artis
02-25-2005, 08:24 AM
cool podo.

Artis
02-25-2005, 08:29 AM
i am going to this (http://www.ncdagreatertarrant.com/autoshow.htm) with my dad and my g'father on sunday afternoon.

Artis
02-25-2005, 09:45 AM
alright i may have made up my mind. maybe..

the newly redisgned a4 which hits north america in march sports 254 HP with the quatro model. i dont know price or if my bank account can handle it but i love the audis and this one looks sweet.

Podosniper
02-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Cool artis.

CD I basically know how to drive stick but never tried, lol. I'm sure there may be litttle more intricate things I don't know. Thing is I have never had a car to practice on, lol. I'm undecided if i want manual or automatic... so i'm not paying much attention to which the cars i look at are.

CDSaint
02-26-2005, 12:56 AM
lol if i were to choose a car to buy these days it would be manual, as they are becoming more obsolete, but they are the cheaper buy

Artis
02-27-2005, 08:05 PM
alright well i went to a car show today and the new audis redesigned are more expensive than the old ones. so...the nissan altima se-r is the new favorite :)

Podosniper
02-28-2005, 12:14 AM
How about a nissan sentra? Not super powerful or anything (175hp) but they look pretty good. Or maybe a Chrysler 300, or caddilac sts or cts? I dunno just more stuff to look in to.

CDSaint
02-28-2005, 01:49 AM
here you go levi

http://www.automotive.com/2005/12/nissan/murano/specifications/index.html

CDSaint
02-28-2005, 01:51 AM
if you dont like the murano at least you have a link to where you may win an audi in the sweepstakes they have in that link. also it has other links to a slew of vehicles and has links for car comparisons and rebates, etc. hope that helps. that murano is the same price as the audi that you want, 27 thousand + that is more vehicle for your buck

Podosniper
02-28-2005, 10:37 AM
How about a chevy cobalt, or maybe a dodge magnum if you want a funeral car, hehe.

CDSaint
02-28-2005, 10:52 AM
if you want a funeral car, hehe.

omg this is the scion and what i call the hearst mobiles you so implied looked good podo from page two of this thread. you sir are nuts!

CDSaint
02-28-2005, 10:54 AM
they are cheap cars though. price listing is at 12,995...msrp 13,680. not bad...if you like driving a hearst :feelmeh:

Podosniper
02-28-2005, 12:03 PM
I didn't say i liked them, I don't, lol. I said if you don't mind the box on wheels look that's an option, lol.

Stuffit
02-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I drive a Toyota 4-runner 2005. I'm a big guy 6-2 238lbs… I think I'm shrinking. It has lot’s of room for me and passengers and gets around 20 mpg around town. It has the V6 with 265 hp which is plenty for me and you can even haul shit with it. I will NEVR own a car because only pussys drive cars, MEN drive Trucks and SuV’s nuff said!

=DBA=KanCer
02-28-2005, 12:36 PM
why not the new mustang Artis.. that thing has style beyond anything I have seen out there.. the new body design is the shit man.. and for being as liberal as you are you would want to by an Import? Isnt that a liberal cardnail sin or somthing or was that a conservative sin? hmmm anyways man the new mustang convert is Awsome looking.

=DBA=KanCer
02-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Oh one last thing guys who buy SUVs and dont have a family to tote around in it.. well just seems gay to me, kinda like getting a semi truck and not hauling anything... Trucks yeah thats cool but SUV pfffft dont even waste the money. save the gas

Artis
02-28-2005, 02:08 PM
liberals would be more likely to buy an import. also nissans are assembled here in the u.s. for the most part and nissan employs something like over 200,000 american workers so i dont have a problem buying a nissan.

i dont need an suv and while 265 hp is great you have to think of how much heavier a 4 runner is than a smaller sports car type vehicle. i do like 4 runners though.

i had a big chevy 4x4 z71 truck that i loved for 6 years and yes i actually did use it to haul stuff and it was even used out in the country quite a lot when i woule help my g'father.

the new mustangs are very sweet but one of the reasons i want to get rid of my mustang is that down here in texas the most common car is basically the mustang. ford is HUGE down here and the mustang isnt anything different or special. not that nissan is rare but at least what i would want is something you dont see every day. mustangs are all over. that and they are too small for me. i fit in them and the new ones have even more room but it is a two person car and thats is. what i want has 4 doors.

now i want a sports car. im 23 yrs old and i want a sports car. nuff said.

=DBA=Ronin
02-28-2005, 07:10 PM
what i want has 4 doors.

now i want a sports car. im 23 yrs old and i want a sports car. nuff said.

Thats as much of an oxymoron as there can be. Any true sports car only has 2 doors. I would gather to say you are more in the market for a 'sporty sedan'.

I am curious why you are so adiment about having 4 doors? Is it for the convenience factor?

Regulator
02-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Oh one last thing guys who buy SUVs and dont have a family to tote around in it.. well just seems gay to me, kinda like getting a semi truck and not hauling anything... Trucks yeah thats cool but SUV pfffft dont even waste the money. save the gas

If you have a family get a minivan and save even more gas.

The thing about imports is that they just have a better reputation than American made cars. At one point we had an American minivan, which broke down frequently so we canned it and got a Honda Odyssey. I've had mechanical and electrical engineering profs tell the class there are distinct styles of engineering when comparing Japanese to American products and more often than not the Japanese devices work more efficiently. Until I need a full sized SUV or pickup truck, I'll continue to look at imports just because, statistically, they have had a better reputation. Now if you look at the same stats and reduce the samples to only include models that have been released in the past 5-10 years, the difference between Japanese and American engineered automobiles might not be as significant.

Artis
02-28-2005, 09:22 PM
ronin. ya i know a true "sports car" is not what i am looking at but im not looking at dragracing here or a car with 350 hp. i have said previously in this thread i want a sports sedan and when i say sports car thats what i fucking mean. if you look at how every major car magazine and/or car manufacturers categorize cars they call them sports sedans. the subaru wrx sti with 300 hp is a "sports sedan" but IMHO is a sports car so i dont see how it fucking matters. i dont mean to be harsh but we just lost a ut match and im a little fired up. :youdick:

Podosniper
03-01-2005, 12:23 AM
Aren't most if not all imports mad ein the US? They are designed in japan and engineered in japan but to build it then import it would drive the price up more i would think, even with cheaper labor. I know eclipses are made in the US... in fact I lived in the town they are made before I moved to califonria (they also used to make plymouth lasers and eagle talons).

Artis
03-01-2005, 09:06 AM
i dont know if they are made, as in the parts are manufactured here. i do know that they are assembled in the u.s.

=DBA=Ronin
03-01-2005, 12:24 PM
ronin. ya i know a true "sports car" is not what i am looking at but im not looking at dragracing here or a car with 350 hp. i have said previously in this thread i want a sports sedan and when i say sports car thats what i fucking mean. if you look at how every major car magazine and/or car manufacturers categorize cars they call them sports sedans. the subaru wrx sti with 300 hp is a "sports sedan" but IMHO is a sports car so i dont see how it fucking matters. i dont mean to be harsh but we just lost a ut match and im a little fired up. :youdick:

I know brotha...was just givin you a hard time. You do still like it hard don't you?

My Regal GS is by all accounts a sport sedan. 4 doors and a supercharged V6 with about 230hp. There is a number of things really restricting that power though so it's not as fast as it could be. I want to get a new set of pulleys for the supercharger and take out the stock jbend in the exhaust. But, the car is 8 years old with about 125,000 miles so I don't know if I really want to dump too much $$ in it. Thing runs like it's brand new and have never had any problems with it. Damn thing still has the original battery in it, which is incredible considering how much I pound my amp in it.

Artis
03-01-2005, 01:12 PM
im all about the hard ronin so bring it big shooter.....
err...wait a minute. let me take my kevina hat off.

FUCK OFF RONIN!

Xc3ss|v3
03-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Dont really have time to read all the posts, so I dont know if this has already been mentioned, but have you thought about the Dodge Neon SRT-4? 4 door sporty lookin V-6. Beatin 2002 Camaro SS and scarin the shit outta Cobra owners.

Artis
03-01-2005, 02:44 PM
that looks pretty cool pk but it only comes in a manual. i am digging the nissan altima se-r. now i just have to figure out if i can afford it.