PDA

View Full Version : Linksys router

Gryphon
03-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Someone told me that the reason why my PB isn't working with the server is due to the linksys router I have. What is that deal?

I didn't get to talk to the guy much.... ALso, is there anyway to fix it?
I would so much love to play CoD again in any server, since I am on Cable now.

Sasha
03-21-2005, 12:17 AM
hrm would have to know the PB error your getting. Hex and I were getting the PB auth unknown because we were behind a router, but Artis helped me fix this tonight by changing the default port in the path I connect through.

Czechmate
03-21-2005, 12:09 PM
That's exactly what it is. There's a blocked port in the router. I'm at work (not home) and I don't know it off-hand, but it's probably fairly common. You may want to check the PB forums (www.evenbalance.com) to see if the answer already exists in an FAQ.

~Czech

shanKs
03-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Isn't the default port for COD 28960?

Gryphon
03-21-2005, 12:56 PM
also, i have another question, the new patch. is it supposed to create a pb folder? because everytime I install the patch it doesn't create a pb folder, anywhere. Also, I have been searching through the pb site, i can't find it. probably cuz i can't read worth a shit right now.

ok i found something, it says to Use firmware
Well I updated the firmware, but apparently there is something else I have to do. I cannot find the exact issue anywhere. I have to change the access port or something....

Also, patch 1.5 should be installing punkbuser, I don't think it is, because I can find no pb directory after the patch is installed.

Sasha
03-21-2005, 05:22 PM
access port is exactly what I was talking about. This is what Artis told me to do

1. Right click on my COD multiplayer icon and click "find target"
2 change it to "C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\CoDMP.exe" +set net_port 28961 , but of course the port number maybe different for you, that is what he told me to change mine to and so far so good. Originally there was nothing after .exe ". I imagine you will have to do something similar.

So thank you Artis!

=DBA=Ronin
03-21-2005, 06:04 PM
Your router is probablly just blocking that port. Forward it through the router to the IP of the machine your CoD is installed on. I could be wrong, I know nothing of this issue.

I don't think you will have a pb folder until you actually go into a pb enabled server.

shanKs
03-22-2005, 10:19 AM
if you are still getting kicked try typing this in the console:

/pb_cl_enable

you must be in a PB server to do this...just hop in ours if you can find it, we're running it.

Pallidrone
03-22-2005, 10:56 AM
you can set DMZ on.......

(psst - dont listen to me.)

=DBA=Ronin
03-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Yeah you could try putting your ip to the DMZ, but I would only do it temporarily to test and see if it changes anything. DMZ should be a last resort since it completely opens you up, which I am guessing is why Palli said not to listen to him. Palli may be old, but he is wicked smart yo.

BuddhaMan
03-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Palli is younger than some members of this clan... :D

Artis
03-22-2005, 11:05 PM
ya what everyone else said might help you out. cod's default port is 28960 but ive found that 28960-28964 or so seem to work fine. i dont know how to make xfire use that added variable to the mulitplayer command line although i havent really tried. only seems to work when you manually execute your multiplayer cod exe. :/

Artis
03-22-2005, 11:12 PM
i tried adding '+set net_port 28962' after the launcher exe codmp.exe line in the xfire.ini and my cod loads so i dont know if it worked or not....

BuddhaMan
03-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Minimize the game and then do 'netstat -na' in a command window to see what port CoD is using.

If you can't figure it out that way, use the sweet (and free) 'fport' program.

http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm?subnav=resources/navigation.htm&subcontent=/resources/proddesc/fport.htm

Gryphon
03-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Ok... I found the real issue I was having. It was not because of my router. It is too new, and works with games. The problem lays within Patch 1.5.

Patch 1.5 says it is cumulative, and has everything from the past fixes. However, it does not install Punkbuster like it says it will. I had to run Patch 1.4 before I ran Patch 1.5. My gaming now works perfectly.