PDA

View Full Version : Dawnville at night

Czechmate
05-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Try as I do, I'll never convince most of you that the single player COD is damn good. This is St. Mere Eglise (Dawnville), the second level from the single player. The map is about the same, but it's at night, which is cool as shit.

~Czech

Ps -- Yes, the images are compressed to hell for size reasons, but you get the gist of it.

shanKs
05-30-2005, 05:09 PM
That would be such a cool map to play in MP I wonder if anyone has made a map to play on like that.

Sasha
05-30-2005, 07:51 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to pull it from the SP? Can someone who is crafty enough know how to do that? That looks kick ass!

BuddhaMan
05-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I EULA probably bans anyone from editing it to add the multiplayer spawns.

Czechmate
05-31-2005, 12:23 PM
Actually, there's nothing in the EULA about that. The main things are that:

1) You cannot sell or otherwise profit from whatever you make.
2) You cannot modify any executables.
3) You have to include your email address and the words "THIS MATERIAL IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION" in the map description.
4) You can't be a dickhead about it. (Don't put a "Jews suck!" sign on the wall.)

Other than that, you're free to modify whatever you want. I'll see what I can do in Radiant, but the map does have some significant differences. Look at the attached screenshot. That would suck if it happened in a round of HQ. :P

~Czech

Czechmate
05-31-2005, 01:31 PM
BTW, if you're interested in mapping, here's how to do it.

http://callofduty.filefront.com/info/Tutorials#Mapping

It's not nearly as easy as it is in UT, but it's functional. The tutorial is decent enough.

~Czech

Czechmate
05-31-2005, 01:46 PM
This is Dawnville in the map editor. Good fucking luck. lol... Stupid Radiant editor.

~Czech

Sasha
05-31-2005, 01:51 PM
I am not even gonna open that tutorial. I couldn't for the life of me do it in UT, I am certainly not gonna try it here LOL.

Czechmate
05-31-2005, 02:00 PM
UT was surprisingly easy once you figure out it's a subtractive editor and not additive. To make that make sense, UT maps start solid, and you have to carve out the map. It's like a giant block of cheese. Carve out a huge piece and then, in the hole you made, you begin adding things (additive). The tutorials on the DVD version of UT are excellent as well.

~Czech

Ps -- radiant is a lot more difficult so yes, if you had problems with the UT editor, the Radiant editor is your personal hell. :)

Pallidrone
06-01-2005, 10:50 AM
So how is this Call of Duty game?

Should I like buy it or something?

shanKs
06-01-2005, 11:27 AM
ummmmm duh! No really we all love it but I think we're itching for the new one to come out sometime in Nov. But I think we'll continue to play regular COD for a long time. Palli you can get that shit for like 15 bucks nowadays so you really have nothing to lose.

=DBA=Ronin
06-01-2005, 12:24 PM
There seems to be no in-between. Either you love CoD or you hate it. The single player is great, but the multi-player is even better, although it takes a wee bit of time to adjust to the style when you are so used to playing the likes of UT. The biggest gripe of course is the bad spawns in HQ mode that show up more often than they should. Sometimes when a bad spawn happens, I say a swear word.

Pallidrone
06-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I say a swear word.

You?? No, Never. I refuse to believe it!

I may pick up this game, at least give it a go around.

I am not really playing anything these days (well unless you include...ummm nevermind)

Czechmate
06-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Fuckin' Ronin never fuckin' swears god fuckin' damnit. Shit, I don't know what the fuck he was fuckin' thinkin'.

Fuck.

~Czech

BuddhaMan
06-01-2005, 05:14 PM
If we kick Henny from the squad, that'll make room for ya Palli.

Of course, you gotta be a spamming madman like Henny.

/me humps Henny rongtime G.I. :D

Bluehen
06-01-2005, 05:17 PM
/me whimpers in the corner

Czechmate
06-01-2005, 08:53 PM
While we're on it, here's Chateau at night. And, I'll bet you didn't realize there was a miniature jail under that damned place. :)

~Czech

BuddhaMan
06-01-2005, 09:04 PM
I forgot to mention to Palli that he can't type /kill in the console everytime he spawns or bind it to a key. Due to this fact, I think yer spot is safe Henny. :D

Pallidrone
06-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Wait.....I can't do random suicides?

forget it then..... ;)

Bluehen
06-02-2005, 09:16 AM
No random suicides - but running a post pattern and having Shanks throw a perfect pass with the grenade is always fun.

Beo
06-07-2005, 04:19 PM
So how is this compared to Counter Strike?

BuddhaMan
06-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Who gave DisBeotch permission to post here!? What the Hell!? :D

CoD >>> CS IMHO.

Do you still pwn the noobs? you should get the game an play with us. It's nothing like CS or UT...more patience is needed (I've never played CS so that statement could be wrong).

Bluehen
06-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Awww, Beo can post here.

/me huggles Beo

BuddhaMan
06-07-2005, 07:26 PM
She knows she's my favorite San Diego resident. The only peeps I know from SD are her and GRAAAAA!!!, but that's besides the point. :D

Bluehen
06-07-2005, 07:48 PM
I also want to give a shout out to Palli's video sig. Beauty, eh.

Beo
06-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Who gave DisBeotch permission to post here!? What the Hell!?

Bow down!

I think I want COD. I got suckered into CSS. So many damn acronyms, not enough time.

/me pets Bluehen

=DBA=Ronin
06-08-2005, 12:23 PM
She knows she's my favorite San Diego resident. The only peeps I know from SD are her and GRAAAAA!!!, but that's besides the point. :D

Unless he moved, GRAAA lives in San Francisco...I thought.

And hell yes Beo you should get CoD!! Don't you like us anymore?