PDA

View Full Version : VG Expo Information

Czechmate
06-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I've never attended this thing, but it could be fun. And besides, if there are Asian female Cosplayers there, that makes it worth the trip. :P

If you're interested in going, give me a holler.

~Czech

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ONE EXPERIENCE - THREE CITIES - 85,000 GAMERS

Lunar Tide partners with NBC5 Dallas Ft. Worth, NBC10 Philadelphia and NBC4 Washington, D.C. to host America's VideoGame Expo
__________________________________________________ _____________________

PHILADELPHIA, June, 14 2005 - Lunar Tide announced today that it is partnering with NBC to host three America's VideoGame Expo (VGXPO) events in 2005. The events will take place in Dallas, TX (August 20 and 21), Washington D.C. (August 27 & 28) and Philadelphia, PA (November 13 & 14).

Formerly known as PhillyClassic, VGXPO is one of the longest running consumer videogame shows in the United States. "The NBC partnership provides us a unique opportunity to grow the expo," said Mark Wolfe, VGXPO Event Planner. "In the past six years, PhillyClassic has been dedicated to bringing you the best of classic and modern gaming culture. America's VideoGame Expo will continue that tradition, while providing attendees with a much broader view of videogames, comics, animation, card gaming, high-tech gadgets, sci-fi and related genres."

The relationship with NBC provides the VGXPO the opportunity to be featured on a national stage and is a focal point within NBC's community programs. Each year, NBC hosts a number of free events that highlight personal health and fitness, home and lifestyles, or technology. This year NBC will partner with VGXPO to bring its high-tech gadgetry and gaming excitement to Dallas, Philadelphia and Washington.

"In the past, our event has garnered significant interest from all types of gamers," said Ed Fleming, VGXPO Coordinator. "Each year we attract more and more attendees ranging from casual to hard-core gamers. With NBC as a partner, we expect over 85,000 attendees to experience our events in 2005."

The VGXPO provides gamers with an opportunity to learn about new & classic games, emerging technologies, the history of the videogame industry, and new information on the latest in card gaming, sci-fi, comics and animation. Plans for VGXPO include a number of activities that will showcase Next Generation, Online, Arcade, PC and Retro games.

Some of the events and exhibits that VGXPO visitors will have the chance to experience include:

# The VideoGame Museum
# The 2005 American LAN Tournament
# A Retro Arcade
# Panels and Seminars on Game Design, Animation and Culture
# The Classic VideoGame Challenge
# VideoGame.Net Experience - Gaming & Education Center
# VideoGame Dance & Music Tournament
# Homebrew VideoGame & Animation Awards Festival
# COSplay Costume Contest

"The VGXPO is the only event that provides you the opportunity to play, and buy, all the games you love," said Fleming. "Not only will you get to see some great products from our exhibitors, you also have the chance to compete in some fantastic contests and tournaments. If you are a gamer, VGXPO is a must attend event."

America's VideoGame Expo dates and locations:

VGXPO: Dallas - coinciding with NBC5's Home and Lifestyle Expo
August 20 and 21, 2005
Dallas Convention Center

VGXPO: Washington, D.C. - coinciding with NBC4's Digital Edge
August 27 and 28, 2005
Washington Convention Center

VGXPO: Philadelphia - coinciding with NBC10's Consumer Fest
November 12 and 13, 2005
Fort Washington Expo Center

Detailed information on attending (or exhibiting at) the 2005 America's VideoGame Expo can be found online at: www.VGXPO.com

BuddhaMan
06-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Shoot...I may have to move my leave around so I can catch bot QuakeCon and this thing.

# VideoGame Dance & Music Tournament

Kevin is gonna show off his DDR skillz no doubt. :D

Czechmate
06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
No, no ... As much as I like me some DDR, I am not like those freaks you see at the tournaments doing head spins and shit to music at 240bpm.

~Czech

Artis
06-15-2005, 07:00 PM
im up for going.

Czechmate
06-15-2005, 07:15 PM
As far as I can tell, there's no cost. It's open to the public, and they have games for sale and shit there. It sounds more like a small, public E3 with a commercial side. I think I got the email because I'm press, but I'm not positive on that. I'd imagine there are "Public" and "Press" badges, but since I've never done this show, I am just speculating.

I was really trying to find a few people to go with just to see what it is. If there is a cost to get in, then I'll pull out the press credentials bullshit and bypass that crap, but I think it's a free show. It'll probably be fun for a day at least, and I already have the go-ahead to write about for Computer Games Mag. Who knows.

Arty, we'll hook up well before this and try to finalize a little bit of it at least. And Buddha, if you're around, we'll provide some sort of accomodations (or at least I'll offer for both of us :P).

~Czech

Artis
06-15-2005, 11:47 PM
rgr that

B_G3ntl3
06-16-2005, 12:01 AM
....i see how it is...well you artis and buddha have a good time then

Artis
06-16-2005, 08:08 AM
yell louder gentle.

B_G3ntl3
06-16-2005, 12:13 PM
...I SEE HOW IT IS...WELL YOU ARTIS AND BUDDHA HAVE A GOOD TIME THEN

Czechmate
06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Oh, I'm sorry BG... Did you want to go? We forgot we'd need a pack mule to carry all of our shit around while we had fun.

~Czech

Artis
06-16-2005, 01:56 PM
just fucking come along gentle. sheesh. lift up your skirt and come on already. :)

who needs a midget?

RuKuS
06-16-2005, 02:53 PM
No, no ... As much as I like me some DDR, I am not like those freaks you see at the tournaments doing head spins and shit to music at 240bpm.

~Czech

Rofl - I don't do headspins but I can double pretty much all songs on maniac on the 5th edition of ddr. O_o

Artis
06-16-2005, 04:00 PM
fags

Czechmate
06-21-2005, 03:20 PM
FYI. I just found out that the Green Day concert is on August 20th (the Saturday that this show takes place). I'm still going to the show, but my evening will be spent bloody-earred at the American Airlines Center. I may be available after the show for those (Buddha I think) that might travel to this thing, but no guarantees.

~Czech

Artis
06-21-2005, 04:57 PM
green day and jimmy eat world? jimmy eat world is one of my all time favorite bands. tickets still on sale?

Czechmate
06-21-2005, 05:11 PM
That would be the show. I think there are still tickets available. This is my brother's son's first concert (he's 12 years old) and he's in a wheelchair, so we have the accessible seating. In other words, I don't know if you could sit with us or not. Of course, you probably don't want to. Bastard. :P

The tickets were $45 (plus like $5 per ticket fees and crap), and they're through Ticketmaster.

~Czech

Artis
06-21-2005, 11:10 PM
well i would want to be in the pit standing up and not in the stands. ive seen jimmy eat world twice so its no biggie.

B_G3ntl3
06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
well i would want to be in the pit standing up

why you gotta hate on the wheelchair relative? :youdick:

Artis
06-21-2005, 11:55 PM
its a family thing. i dont need to go.