View Full Version : Running two ventrilos - NEW

Czechmate
06-18-2005, 02:59 PM
Guys, it's way easier than it's made out to be. Subtlety let me in on this yesterday. After you've installed the version we use (2.1.4), you just need the executable for the new version. No uninstalling, no reinstalling, no anything. I've linked the execuable for 2.2.0. You can download it and just double-click it to use the new version for when you go to Fuzion's chat and such.

~Czech

FILE: www.w4rishell.com/Ventrilo220.exe

Penguin
06-18-2005, 04:05 PM
why dont we just upgrade to newest version ? Or has this already been answered ?

Cavi
06-18-2005, 04:50 PM
i have the new one installed... with the w4r files on my hard drive and a link to both executables... just get someone to send you the folder or something like i did lol

im reverse what czech has... and i thought thats how everyone else did it ... seemed easy to me ... then again i didnt want the old vent on my registry anywho so

Sasha
06-18-2005, 06:16 PM
We don't upgrade vents because there you have to pay for the new one and there is always a limit on people so if you go beyond that number of people you must increase the amount you pay. Ours is FREE and you see how many people are in and out of different channels. Hell there are sometimes 15 people in the w4r channel alone. It makes no sense to upgrade free to pay..

Czechmate
06-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Sasha nailed it. The newest version is "pay to play" as it were, and we aren't doing that. My vent server takes 2.1.4 clients and that's it. The limit on the new one is eight people, unless you pay. And we sure as hell are not switching to TS.

~Czech

Turd Furgeson
06-19-2005, 02:37 AM
i have the new one installed... with the w4r files on my hard drive and a link to both executables... just get someone to send you the folder or something like i did lol

im reverse what czech has... and i thought thats how everyone else did it ... seemed easy to me ... then again i didnt want the old vent on my registry anywho so

That's just it.. You don't need all that =) You can install either version then just have a shortcut pointing to an executable running the other version. No need for 2 different directories or any BS like that =)

Each version sees the server listing even if the server is running a different version.

Example: Fuzion runs 2.2.1 or some shit like that. I can see their server even if I run the ventrilo exe that's version 2.1.4; I just can't connect to their server. The same works in reverse. I can run version 2.2.0 and see the w4r server; again, I just can't connect to it.

Don't make this harder than it is =)

Sub