PDA

View Full Version : SHANKS!

Czechmate
06-28-2005, 10:06 AM
You delete my post about how to say "pee pee ess ay-ch" because it's "stupid" but you leave the one about "co-mingling" food, presumably because it's "racking your brain" and would probably make a good TV movie. Good God man, we're going to be a dream team together next week. Something tells me I'd better wear my running shoes on our initial meeting. ;)

~Czech

Sasha
06-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Hey thats a 4 page thread.. get over it :D

Sasha
06-28-2005, 12:09 PM
I redeleted his thread for being a spelling Nazi.. ha!

Czechmate
06-28-2005, 12:50 PM
lol...

This is a true story, btw. The person I'm dating now and myself often IM during the day. I was doing something similar to her, but she's mostly on target with the spelling thing.

Me: Finally, someone that can spell "definitely" without an "a" in it!
Her: I can definately spell "definitely".
Me: Good! I would hate for it to be discommoding for you because I'm an English whore, and misspelled words can be metagrobolizing.
Her: WTF did you just say? ;)

That's not exact, but it's close. heh

~Czech

Bluehen
06-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Discommoding - The act of removing yourself from a toilet after a particulary nasty session?

Czechmate
06-28-2005, 01:36 PM
lol...

While that could be true, it's just a fancy, artsy-fartsy way of saying "to put at an inconvenience or to trouble". However, given that definition, I think your definition may be correct as well, if only for the next person going to use the plop-plop machine.

And metagrobolizing? That's just a big-ass, arrogant way of saying perplexing. But, as people eventually discover, I call myself an English whore for the same reason that I call myself a radio whore. I really do mean it. ;P

~Czech

Bluehen
06-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Nothing wrong with an English whore. Especially when its closing time at the pub on Londonderry St. and you have no other options.

FADES
06-28-2005, 03:05 PM
I does me verry bestest too be using a propper English and speling.;)

CDSaint
06-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Kevin, you grammar queen, you use the term plop plop machine for a toilet? you need your head re-examined! :eek:

Czechmate
06-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Reexamined isn't hyphenated.

Next.

;)

~Czech

CDSaint
06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
dictionary.com says its ok

re·ex·am·ine also re-ex·am·ine ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rg-zmn)
tr.v. re·ex·am·ined, re·ex·am·in·ing, re·ex·am·ines
To examine again or anew; review.
Law. To question (a witness) again after cross-examination

eat it :P :lol:

BuddhaMan
06-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Czech: you can wear the running shoes, but I'd suggest headgear.

http://www.amas.net/CU/CU_epth.jpg

If you guys get outta hand with deleting each other's post...I'm taking my ball and going home. (i.e.:removing you dorks as mods) Now play nice. :finger: :D

Penguin
06-28-2005, 07:38 PM
why is it anything czech posts I laugh at, wish I was going to dallas =/ you all should come up to oregon for PDXLAN!!!

http://207.189.98.105/pdxlan5/news.php

I will <3 you all! I will prob be there, not 100% sure if they're having cod yet, but if they do I'll be competing.

EDIT: They're playing UT as well and theres going to be some really nice prizes. I'm all registered and ready to go!

Sasha
06-28-2005, 08:10 PM
I undeleted your thread. That doesn't mean that I think you have stopped with your obssesive complusive disorder being a grammer hound. You really need to stop pointing out the flaws in every sentence because most of us already know they are there and could care the fuck less. AND you are on my nerves with that stupid shit.

CDSaint
06-28-2005, 08:42 PM
ooh now you've dont it! sasha pissed at someone means get the fuck outta the room. /me runs ;)

B_G3ntl3
06-29-2005, 12:53 AM
pissing people off is what czech lives for. I kinda like to see him correct people. LOL I prolly spell the worst of all of us, and I don't mind being corrected. I will, however, keep mispelling words until they come up with a spellchecker for the forums ;p

Czechmate
06-29-2005, 01:09 AM
I only do it for fun, but apparently, that fun isn't shared by everyone to the same degree. :) I really do notice these things, and I'm very conscious of it, even in the heat of a battle (online or in here). It's not a switch I can turn off or on. I'm like a 14 year old looking at his first Playboy magazine, where his woody equals my notice of English usage. There's absolutely nothing to be done about it. And I swear, when I was 14, I was cleaning it and it just went off.

~Czech

Sasha
06-29-2005, 01:38 AM
It's called self control thats what there is to do about it. Just leave it be you don't have to point out peoples mistakes and BG just because you don't mind doesn't mean the rest of us like it. Once in a while is a different thing but ALL the fuckin time is another.

=DBA=Ronin
06-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Czech...you really need to stop the confessions and leave them until we have left Dallas...you're freakin me out!! Comparing misspelled words to pre-teen masturbation is going to leave a bold mark!

BuddhaMan
06-29-2005, 07:46 AM
BG: If you use FireFox, you can have a spellchecker for text boxes (it'll check your text within the post's text input box before you post it).

It's called "RiteOfTongue":

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Editing%20and%20Forms&numpg=10&id=485

FADES
06-29-2005, 02:25 PM
So all you misspelling mofos need to get FireFox so Czech can leave you alone and be happy!;)

Sasha
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
I did but that still hasn't stopped me from cussing him lol.

Czechmate
07-01-2005, 12:18 AM
I hate it when she cushes me. Whatever that is. ;)

~Czech, Firefox user (but I don't have that plug-in)

Ps -- I know you meant crush, but still. Provide the fodder, and I have the cannon. lol...

Sasha
07-01-2005, 09:58 AM
seriously. I swear to god. Don't talk to me. K thanks!

Pallidrone
07-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Czech,

There is this great church that you can join. It is an extraordinary establishment filled with wonder and bliss. Considering the analogy to the English language you made earlier in this thread, I feel that you would fit in just fine.

Palli - (cofounder and current bishop to the Church of Palli)

(ps Shanks hearts Figs.)

BuddhaMan
07-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Artis and I are members in good standing of the Church of Palli...and have been for years now.

There are many other, join us, you'll be among friends.

Artis
07-01-2005, 10:47 AM
indeed. i find much solace and err....relief in the church of palli. it has gotten me through many mornings and sleepless nights.

regarding correcting people's typing and/or english........yes its annoying. why? this is a forum. not only is it a forum online but its a forum for gamers. correct typing and/or spelling is NOT a requirement on btp. if you get the gist of what im saying then thats good enough for me. same goes for when im reading any post anyone else makes.

oh and deleting threads is totally gay and is completely unnecessary IMO.

and i too can spell definitely.

BuddhaMan
07-01-2005, 10:57 AM
u didn't capiltialize anything u asshat...u suck at the internet...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your belly button.

Artis
07-01-2005, 10:58 AM
been there done that.

Pallidrone
07-01-2005, 11:13 AM
I do agree with Czech to a point. I am not a spelling nazi, and I do make mistakes all the time in my grammer and spelling, but I truly believe that when you write something it is an extension of yourself and your ideas. The clearer the idea or opinion is written, the easier it is to take in and comprehend the idea/opinion.

I read some of the crap that people post on boards, especially the little 14 year-olds who just started to grow hair in their forbidden region, and wonder how in the hell they think that what they wrote actually makes sense.

One word that I loathe with every essence of my being is "prolly".

Artis
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
then this sentence will prolly piss you off.

i too agree that what you write is an extension of yourself. im pretty casual and a goofball a lot of times so...putting dots between a sentence to express what would be a verbal pause is acceptable. typing prolly instead of probably goes back to the whole goofball/retarded thing. btw, prolly is also what probably sounds like when you say it really fast as most people do. and back to the casual thing; this is a forum for posting and talking to and with your friends so using capital letters is just an inconvenience. if i were to write something to be published or at work or anything that needed to be done in a professional way i would use proper english and as good of grammar as my meager mind could accomplish. however, this aint that and you are all uber ghey.

Pallidrone
07-01-2005, 11:29 AM
lol - Fuck you Artis.

I tend to do the same thing with periods to express a pause in a thought. Like I said, I am not a Nazi and I don't correct people in the way that they write on a messageboard. We all have our little way of writing, but sometimes it is horrible.

"so like I were ut n shot u....hahhaha...rolf....guy die n he yeled..U noob!! i lik shot....hahaha"

^ WTF is that crap?

Sasha
07-01-2005, 11:40 AM
There is a major difference between the occasional misspelled words and a post written in ghetto that requires an urban dictionary to decipher. I write papers upon papers upon papers and when I turn them in, they are spotless of spelling errors and grammar errors. When I come to this board I am here to partially relax and I don't give it much credence. I certainly could, but I have many other things I can put my energy toward that require my attention. Also, people who are fast typers will make more spelling errors especially if they don't go back and reread what they post. I have a ton of stuff going on around me all the time, if one of my kids runs in and is talking to me while I am typing I am likely to end up typing something incoherent. Get over it people. Like Artis said, it is a forum, and most of all a gamer’s forum.

Pointing out people's spelling errors only really makes you sound and look like a giant ASSHOLE..<-- that is not a typo. :D

Sasha
07-01-2005, 11:46 AM
and you know what while I am it.. Anyone that has a habit of poiting out the spelling errors of people, when you know it's simply is a misspelled word and not lack of proper writting skills should stop. How do you know that someone doesn't have a learning disability and really struggles with that? Here you are thinking you are cute and you are doing nothing but making that individual feel even worse. That deserves a giant FUCK YOU. You want to preach on the good practice of correct spelling go be a damn teacher.

Artis
07-01-2005, 11:55 AM
sasha needs a hug. where is hex when you need him. there there now sash, it will be ok :)

i type really fast and i rarely re-read what i type. i wrote so much stuff in college it is quite disgusting so on here i just type however the hell i want to :)

Sasha
07-01-2005, 12:00 PM
exactly! and I have been hugged numerous times today thank you :P

Pallidrone
07-01-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't know why I am in this conversation, because I never correct anyone with their spelling. I know I am bad at times myself. I just hate that "ghetto" speak that some people use. How the hell can you understand them?

A learning disability? Come on. That is an unfair analogy. If someone has a learning disability and they are writing in a forum, they know what kind of response they are going to get. Who knows, maybe that person with a "learning disabilty" really appreciates the correction in spelling, because they know that the only way they might be able to learn is through repetition and correction.

Maybe we should stop expressing our opinions while we are at it. You never know, maybe a reference to the word "Cock and Artis" in the same sentence may upset and hurt that poor, lonely catholic zealot that lives in a cave in Montana. God forbid we upset anyone in this country.

ChicKeN
07-01-2005, 12:03 PM
i wil cuntinue to speell and tipe tings rong and you kan eet mi assssss

Pallidrone
07-01-2005, 12:12 PM
/me licks Chicken's forehead

Sasha
07-01-2005, 12:17 PM
I completely agree with you on the Ghetto speak, it annoys me too, but honestly considering the context of the situation here it doesn't need to be picked on. What is so far fetched about a person having an issue with spelling? Those people exist and I am sure that if you are aware of your faults that you don't need someone coming along every 5 seconds pointing them out. That is just discouraging no matter how you wrap it.

FURT! <3 did you see my post for you! lol

BuddhaMan
07-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I can speak for Fadey and myself and say our own mispelled word bug us. I personally could care less about your spelling unless I can't tell wtf you're talking about or it's making my brain hurt trying to decypher it.

I use 2 fingers to type and always try to type too fast and my "to" ALWAYS come out as "ot"..and I mean always. I can't fugure that one out and it pisses me off...I need to slow down and tipe gooder I 'spose. :D

B_G3ntl3
07-01-2005, 04:22 PM
\ LOL I prolly spell the worst of all of us

BOO YEA :specialmo

LOL ive even had artis correct me before...

Artis
07-01-2005, 05:01 PM
thats cause im a P I M P.

palli, i think sasha meant those people who may automatically change letters around on accident rather than someone who is just a complete idiot.

Pallidrone
07-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Dyslexia?

There is more to dyslexia then just "switching some letters around". If someone with a case of dyslexia is reading Beyond the Portal then god bless them. Seriously.

Artis
07-03-2005, 07:43 PM
im aware of that palli. i was just saying what i thought sasha meant.

Sasha
07-03-2005, 09:48 PM
I am well aware of what Dyslexia is.. and Artis is dead on the money with what I ment.

Hexum
07-04-2005, 12:27 AM
is this still going on?

B_G3ntl3
07-04-2005, 01:01 AM
lol how long has it been since czech posted in the thread?

BuddhaMan
07-04-2005, 08:29 AM
What's going on?

*lost*

Bluehen
07-07-2005, 10:20 AM
"so like I were ut n shot u....hahhaha...rolf....guy die n he yeled..U noob!! i lik shot....hahaha"

^ WTF is that crap?

Actually, I think that was me on vent after a dozen Molson Canadians.

FADES
07-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I believe the point that everyone is trying to get across here is this: Type however the fuck you want; but make it legible enough for people to understand what the hell you are saying. And no one should be correcting your ass as long as you follow those simple rules. Worry about your own spelling, have fun posting here, and fuck off if you can't do that. Oh, and lol Hen!