PDA

View Full Version : What does your handle mean?

Penguin
07-29-2005, 01:58 AM
Well I was bored and thought I'd start this thread, so...I guess I will start...mine came from well...the animal penguin has been my favorite since I was a infant, but now its Jake and uh...thats my name! :dance2:

Deltron
07-29-2005, 02:37 AM
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien is my favorite rapper. I don't listen to much rap, only old school, but this guy just blew my mind. If you listen to the gorillaz, it is the same guy in the songs Clint Eastwood and Roch The House. Deltron Zero is his alter ego, and he made this amazing album called Deltron 3030 which arouses me everytime I listen to it. And there you have it. Plus, I just like the sound of Deltron.

FADES
07-29-2005, 09:01 AM
I used to be the guy that got fucked up really fast and passed out at parties early. My friends started calling me Fades not only because of that, but because if I ever get sick all of the color in my face goes completely away. You have never seen anyone turn so white as I do if I am about to puke. I have since overcome this problem and usually outlast my friends now. I have had the nickname for about 13 years now.

Artis
07-29-2005, 10:05 AM
so when i started playing ut99 one summer like 6 years ago i was playing IG on a bunch of different servers like 6 hrs a day and couldnt think of a name. well, the movie, 'the mummy' had came out recently and there is a character in the movie named 'artis' so i was like, what the hell, that sounds as good as anything else and the name has stuck.

blakeee
07-29-2005, 11:15 AM
haha fades.

my name is blake cuz i knew this hella kick ass kid named blake. he had this little bitch named jake that would follow him everywhere,. i thought that was pretty pimp and decided to use his name.

Sasha
07-29-2005, 11:24 AM
LOL Blake,

Lets see, back when UT 99 came out I played sniper areana only for about a year under the name buttercup. ( I loved the power puff girls) Then I joined a clan that played instagib and when I did that I changed over to Sasha and have had this nick ever since in every game I play. There are some people that I talk to every now and then that knew me way back and still call BC or butter LOL.

shanKs
07-29-2005, 11:36 AM
You'll never get the truth outta me!!!! :whip:

Artis
07-29-2005, 11:42 AM
shanks is rather obvious. the long in front is obviously him trying to make up for a deficiency.

now..on to more important things.

who needs a good teabagging this friday?

Sasha
07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
You'll never get the truth outta me!!!! :whip:

So are you saying your a compulsive liar? LOL

ChicKeN
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
chicken= was in UT99 with chicken_licken and then i shortend it to chicken
Fud= from farside cartoon when teh dog is hiding behind the dryer and made sigsn saying "CAT FUD ->" made me laugh everytime so now i am fud
FurT=was a word i just made up thought it was cool tired of getting told i wasn't as good as the other chicken and then i would destroy the other guy named chicken and then they would call me gay.... hurt a bit inside so i changed my name to hide and continued my sexual relations with his mother... done and done

Artis
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
that and you 'LOVES YOU SOME WINGS BY GAWD!!!!'

Bluehen
07-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Bluehen was my nickname in the sports department back when I used to write for a living. Being the poor college graduate, I used to wear my University of Delaware t-shirts and stuff when everyone else wore dress shirts. At first it was college boy, but after a few weeks of constant Delaware shirts, it became Bluehen and stuck with everyone.

FADES
07-29-2005, 03:47 PM
So, Sasha, where did your name come from? I understand when you chose to use it, but does it have meaning?

Pallidrone
07-29-2005, 04:01 PM
I was first known as sKiTz0 way back when, during my BBS days(300 baud modems rock!!). After a few years and many people deciding to bite off my name, I decided it was time to change it to something that nobody would use.

Pallidrone came about when some idiot in a chat room swore up and down that you spell Palindrome - Pallidrone. After calling him an moron for awhile, I decided that Pallidrone was a cool name and it stuck with me ever since.

Artis
07-29-2005, 04:09 PM
haha, n1 palli.

Sasha
07-29-2005, 09:17 PM
So, Sasha, where did your name come from? I understand when you chose to use it, but does it have meaning?

Hrm, well the reason I switched names is cause I was seriously being hounded by an individual who would not leave me alone, so I basically had to stop talking to most of the people I knew and assume a new gaming idenity. ( I kid you not) it was bad. When I was trying to think of something, since I lack all creative imagination I named myself after a bratz doll that was lying near at the time LOL.

BuddhaMan
07-29-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm fat.

~fini~

ok..ok...the real story... :D

I've been called 'Buddha' since 1989 when I was in the dorms as a wee wittle airman. For some reason (alcohol was involved no doubt) people were rubbing my belly for luck. Wel, those same people got a 100 on their next test. Of course these were superstitios little fucks and now ahd to rub my belly before every test. sometimes if they hit the spot just right my righ leg would start to shake and quiver and I couldn't control it. ;)

I've been called Buddha for so long, some of my friends don't know my real first name or even my last. They just never asked...lol.

Three Drink Buddha is my alter ego. He never made an appearance at CPL since I had to drive so much.

BTW: I love it when Furt says, "Chicken fwied wice!" on Vent. :D

=DBA=Ronin
07-30-2005, 12:38 PM
When I first got in to gamming with Sin, the nick I chose was Blizac, which was a name I learned about in one of my college art classes. I thought it has a nice ring to it so I used it.

When UT came out, I skipped around a few different names. The first one I used when I tried out for B2D (aka DBA), was HanniBOWL cuz I thought it was funny. I didn't use it for too long though, it was more of just a novelty name more than anything. I didn't want to go back to Blizac since it was a new game and I wanted to start with a new identity.

So I got to thinking of what I wanted to use. I chose Ronin for a number of reasons. If you have ever seen the movie Ronin, you know it's kick ass and that is where it spawned from. But, it was from learning what a Ronin is (a masterless samuri) in that movie that made me want to use it, not so much because it was an awesome movie. I am also a huge Deniro fan so to putting it all together made it a simple choice for me.

Cavi
07-31-2005, 09:21 PM
its my car

cavalier

BuddhaMan
07-31-2005, 10:22 PM
I thought Cavi woulda had a better backstory than that...dissapointing. :(

Make some shit up and try again! ;)

RuKuS
08-01-2005, 04:38 AM
My first name came out of the pre 1.5 cs haze that most gamers only refer to now as the golden days of counterstrike. I was really into all the resident evils at the time and had beaten all the games up to date and read the book series (nerdy eh?). As you know in re theres a boss named Nemesis, so that was my first name UNTIL I joined eKs (went #1 for a few months back when OGL was the only ladder supporting.) The leader at the time was named Nemesis as well... so when he finally told me they would agree agree to recruit me, he said the only catch was I had to find a new name for ladder play. So I thought for a few minutes and thought back to a tryout scrim we played in which I clutched a 1v5 and one of my teammates yelled genocide! over roger wilco (rofl that program never worked). And thats how I got that one.

and rukus? its from the wutang song bring the ruckus, in which they say "Bring the Mother fucking ruckus" about 50 times lol. I dropped the C since it didnt look as cool heheh.

Artis
08-01-2005, 08:45 AM
i thought we had something special sasha.

Hexum
08-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Hexum = the last name of the singer for 311. I have had the same name since I started online gaming.

FADES
08-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Hexum = the last name of the singer for 311. I have had the same name since I started online gaming.

Wow. I never thought of that. I knew his name yet never made the connection.
*Edit: New 311 comes out in like 15 days!

Deltron
08-01-2005, 05:09 PM

Totally did not make that connection. I kind of had a thinm against 311 ever since I was driving home...inebriated (but not with alcohol) while listening to them, and I got so relazed and mellowed out that I hit a median doing 40 and fucked up both my left tires and rims. And I'm pissed because their playing down here beginning of September but I'll be up at college and won't get to see them.

Sasha
08-01-2005, 05:41 PM
i thought we had something special sasha.
We did untill you sent me naked pics of JT by accident and ever since then I knew you were really ghey ;)

B_G3ntl3
08-01-2005, 06:52 PM
First, Deltron is bad ass, and I've liked listening to him ever since I heard him on Clint Eastwood.

Second,

I chose the name B_G3ntl3 because after my first semester at UT I finally got my first computer, so I could do school work and give the whole fps games a try(I was pretty much a rpg and fighting games only gamer on platforms). After one of my friends helped me build a computer, I reaped the benefits of living in a dorm with a lot of gamers, and was given copies of a lot of fps games. I played mostly UT99, but only single player, but one of my friends used to be really into quake 3. We set up a server on my computer and we were gonna play with some of his old clanmates. I forgot the name of their clan, but they were #1 on some ladder for a while in quake 3. Since I wasnt any good at fps, and it was pretty much my first time to ever play against real people... I chose the name B Gentle as a joke. My friend said it was a good name, but respelled it B_G3ntl3 to make it look cool. I've used it ever since.

I've also used the alias fak3. I chose that to make fun of all of the aliasers in ut2k3 ig br. it was my fake name. the ironic thing is, people started treating me different as the aliased name, so Ive enjoyed playing with aliases for different things off and on ever since.

When I would scrim with dba, I would use the name dba|c4ntg3tr|ght. Cantgetright is the name of a charecter in Life with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. Cantgetright was a mute inmate who played baseball so well that a team bought him out of prison to play for them. He also got the warden's daughter pregnant(which was one of the only funny things about the movie).

I used a barcode name in ut2k4 for a while too. I's and |'s are the same length on my screen in ut2k4 but they have different widths.

I've also used mechashiva...its a from a joke in Venture Bros.

Brock Sampson is also from Venture Bros.(he is the guy on my sig).

I also used Maleficent...which is still a name I really liked and will probably use again, but not as just another alias. Maleficent is the witch in Sleeping Beauty. I watched the movie a couple years ago, and the evil witch's name sounded pretty cool, and I thought it would be fun to use a disney name. I used it in the end of ut2k3, but I was tired of people confusing me with Malorie Knox...so I went back to B_G3ntl3. Apparently when two people have the nickname mal, that people confuse them without looking at the names on the screen.

Ive also used the name HypnoTick in cs. My roomate was playing on a server as hypnotoad(its from Futurama) and me other roommate sort of adopted Hypno as a tag for us when we would screw around in cs servers.

I think thats pretty much all of my names...

you may see me playing as Mr. Rios soon ;p

Deltron
08-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Anyone who's down with Brock Samson, Futurama, Sealab, Deltron, and Adult Swim as a whole is alright by me.

B_G3ntl3
08-01-2005, 07:41 PM
/me grins from ear to ear

BuddhaMan
08-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Oh...so we're doing all our aliases, not just the curent one.

Lemme see...

My most 'famous' (infamous more like) nick was LunaChick. We had this hot chick @ werk that was a little psycho so we called her that. When I tried out for DBA back-in-the-day, I tried out as a 16 year old female and didn't tell anyone who I was and even idled in IRC as LunaChick. Too many people in DBA already knew me and weanted to try out as an unkown outsidetr. I tried out for DBA and made it in and then revealed the tr()()f on whatever POS voice program they were using at the time (GameVoice?...it was that free M$ crap).

I've also made my own clan when in Alaska just to cause people to ask questions so I had my Buddha name along with 3 others I cycled thru and played with to 'get the names out there'....the tag was [E3B]. I was in Alaska at the time and clans were either really good or really shitty and I couldn't get into the one I wanted to {SIK}. I helped admin the UT99 servers at a local LAN party which was pretty big for Anchorage (first, only, and biggest in town). Eveyone at the LAN was in a clan so I started my own on the spot as a gag and cycled thru the names TenaciousD, ChumpChange, and one other.

I used to alias a lot as it was part of the fun of playing online...making up some goofy name on Sundays like 'RamsWin!

B_G3ntl3
08-01-2005, 08:07 PM
I must have been even more bored than jake was when he made the post ;p

Artis
08-03-2005, 08:11 AM
have you posted the origin of your name gentle feather?

shanKs
08-03-2005, 08:31 AM
ummm yeah he did. :stupid:

Artis
08-03-2005, 09:33 AM
yes, its true. i am indeed a fucking idiot but thats beside the point.

i missed gentle's post. forgive me.

as far as other game nicknames, my bro-in-law used to have like bi-monthly lan parties at his house/apartment/garage or wherever we could fit tables and computers. we started out playing like total annihilation and lords of magic and quake 2 and most recently play CoD. my real name is Levi and my bro-in-law started randomly calling me Level like 6 years ago when he was wasted and the name has sort of stuck. Level and artis are pretty much the only names ive ever used with any sort of regularity.

FADES
08-03-2005, 12:40 PM
I use Sofa King in CS:S. Some people catch on and say shit like, "I am Sofa King good at this game!" or, "That was Sofa King awesome!":D

I played as my alias EyeScREAm for a while in UT99; and I also had one other alias I used but I can't remember what it was. I would have to be at home and see some screens I took. And if you guys remember Contract Killa, we used to go out and play together on servers as all kinds of different names that went together. A lot of funny shit we came up with...mostly because we were just baked out of our gourds. We used a lot of cereal names and stuff because we had the munchies. lol

Sui
08-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Sui derives from 'a suicidal dentist' of which I use in an online asteroids game :P

BuddhaMan
08-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Sui is always so wordy! ;)

Fadey: A radio station I used to listen to would do fake furniture commercials for "Sofa King"...along with the "Dicken Cider" beverage. "There's nothing like a hot Dicken Cider!"

FADES
08-04-2005, 08:24 AM
That "Dicken's Cider" commercial is from Bob and Tom, who are from here in Indy. The original (and hopefully the only) was done by The Love Brothers. The Sofa King one I have heard done on another radio station here. I am sure they are all part of the Clear Channel network.

Did you know that they have the new Dicken's Cider can?:D

Pallidrone
08-04-2005, 01:36 PM
My most 'famous' (infamous more like) nick was LunaChick.

You were LunaChick??

Weird, but I remember that name......

CDSaint
08-04-2005, 02:40 PM
that's my mil's handle, and she is a crazy lunatic...haha the boys of dba went gaga over LC, i found him out first though. I always looked at peoples info, the joeblow info got me to figure you out Buddha! Funny as hell though. I think artis or ronin was in love with you. :lol:

Artis
08-04-2005, 03:33 PM
that would be ronin. i never cared who lunachick was. ronin, the gullible bastard was all gush over buddha.

CDSaint
08-04-2005, 05:13 PM
lol i knew it had to be one of you guys, by process of elimination i should taken you out of the picture, but im sure there was some other dba guy that felt the same way as ronin, i just couldnt remember who it was and put your name into the mix :P

LunaChick
08-04-2005, 05:25 PM
You rang? ;)

Palli remembers me because of this thread (http://www.beyondtheportal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=189463#post189463).

/me humps Ronin liek wh0a! :D

Pallidrone
08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
You rang? ;)

Palli remembers me because of this thread (http://www.beyondtheportal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=189463#post189463).

/me humps Ronin liek wh0a! :D

ROFL!!! I knew I saw that name somewhere.......God I am such a whore when it comes to promoting the church.

Cavi
08-04-2005, 06:32 PM
I thought Cavi woulda had a better backstory than that...dissapointing. :(

Make some shit up and try again! ;)

It was also the name of my uBer character on Star Wars Galaxies... Cavi Clutch.

CDSaint
08-04-2005, 06:32 PM
haha it was ronin, bigus and your most favorite of dba (K) that were excited to have another girl on the team. must have been why i never mentioned you werent who you are. i was waiting for them to have a shitload later. :lol:

Vyper
08-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Its always fun to watch that happen. :D

Vyper as in Madam Hydra from Marvel comics fame whose other alias was Viper but there were a thousand and one peeps using that spelling and at the time, in IG anyways, no one was using Vyper with that spelling in UT99. She's the chick in my current sig.

Skilled with poisons and two handed pistol use. :D

Artis
08-05-2005, 08:06 AM
and the whooping of the ass of the menfolk.

so how have everyone's "ablutions" been going in regard to the church?

gang-green
08-05-2005, 03:13 PM
I got my name and spelling of it from an old punk band that i used to listen to.Plus i thought it sounded pretty sweet and deadly. I also play as Minor Threat sometimes which is also another old punk band. If I feel like I am not going to play very well usually it's Minor Threat.

FADES
08-08-2005, 04:16 PM
I used to listen to both of those bands. Sorry for going off subject here, but have you listened to Probot, gang_green? Dave Grohl from Nirvana/Foo fighters did a great compilation of old punk/metal hits with the original band members/singers. I'm sure there is neither of those bands on there, but other great ones are. Now...

back on subject!

gang-green
08-09-2005, 12:23 AM
I will definately check that out. I miss the good old punk bands from when I was a troubled teen and still love it now as a troubled adult :yourock:

Beo
08-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Blah, I'm having name issues.

When I played UT99, my name was Dis_Beotch because I thought it was funny for people to read, "You've been killed by Dis_Beotch!"

I joined a clan {SIK} and shortened it to, {SIK}Beotch.

Then I realized how much trouble I had on voice having my poor clan mates call me "Beotch" (once in a heated fight someone in DBA yelled, "I'm right behind you BITCH!!!") so they called me Beeeeoooo or Beh-oh instead.

Being called something that sounds like B.O. or being called bitch is not appealing to me though.

I need a name change. I'm thinking of using my Guildwars nick - Raven.

=DBA=Ronin
08-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Blah, I'm having name issues.

When I played UT99, my name was Dis_Beotch because I thought it was funny for people to read, "You've been killed by Dis_Beotch!"

I joined a clan {SIK} and shortened it to, {SIK}Beotch.

Then I realized how much trouble I had on voice having my poor clan mates call me "Beotch" (once in a heated fight someone in DBA yelled, "I'm right behind you BITCH!!!") so they called me Beeeeoooo or Beh-oh instead.

Being called something that sounds like B.O. or being called bitch is not appealing to me though.

I need a name change. I'm thinking of using my Guildwars nick - Raven.

ROFLMFAO!!! And who was this rude SoB that called you a bitch?!!? /me grimaces

You probablly shouldn't pick Raven though. It might remind a lot of people of Raven Riley...a popular web-porn mistress.

Artis
08-11-2005, 02:02 PM
i think thats what she is going for there ronin. dont forget the guy, or rather the horse, she shares a bed with.

oh and im probably the one who said im right behind you bitch. its an invigorating and freeing thing to be able to call a woman a bitch and not get kicked in the nuts.

BuddhaMan
08-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Raven sounds common too. I'd say you need something more distinctive like your 'old' name.

Beo
08-11-2005, 05:57 PM
LOL, you guys are funny! I think it was Up_Yours who said it. He felt bad after he yelled it, and was apologizing profusely on vent. I was LMAO for a good 5 minutes afterwards though.

Buddha, I suck at figuring out new names. It took me forever to come up with my GW name, even as common as it is. :D

Artis
08-12-2005, 09:05 AM
how about dba|WR` for wide receiver given Big D's *cough* stature?

MalorieKnoX
08-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Tards... all of ya :dance2: