PDA

View Full Version : Fun at work

Czechmate
08-10-2005, 11:05 AM
At my real job (the one that pays the bills), I'm a senior programmer. My boss, oddly enough, is very much like me, both sense of humor wise and the fact that he too is a programmer. In fact, he's just as anal retentive as I am about spelling and such. I've been working on the program pictured for several months now and and it's close to complete. He's been going through and saying I need to reword a few things, which is fine. In my passive aggressive way, though, I had to jab back. See if you can spot the mistake. (Tip: His name is Don.)

~Czech

Ps -- It's been this way since Monday and he still hasn't noticed it. ;)

CDSaint
08-10-2005, 11:36 AM
lol how the hell can he miss that?! rofl! you may just get fired for that one Kevin! ;) there is another mistake btw. im not telling you what or where its at though. im sure you can figure it out. if not look at the way i type this message. maybe you will figure it out that way. :P

Bluehen
08-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Maybe he figures it wasnt a mistake.

Bluehen
08-10-2005, 11:48 AM
lol how the hell can he miss that?! rofl! you may just get fired for that one Kevin! ;) there is another mistake btw. im not telling you what or where its at though. im sure you can figure it out. if not look at the way i type this message. maybe you will figure it out that way. :P

Bah - Capitals are so overrated. Small letters 5 life. Commas, however, are hot!

CDSaint
08-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Bah - Capitals are so overrated. Small letters 5 life. Commas, however, are hot!

i disagree. exclamations are WAY hotter! <---see what i mean? :sizzles: ;)

haha he is always so anal about the way sentences are structured, i figured id give him a taste of his own medicine, make him see the error of his ways. ive come to realize that structure is overrated. :P

Sasha
08-10-2005, 02:08 PM
I can no longer hold this in.. but the term "5 life" is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard .. EVER.. Ok, I have finally vented on a subject I have had pent up for about a year and half and feel much better. :feelmeh:

Czechmate
08-10-2005, 02:43 PM
It would take a lot more than a joke like that for me to get in trouble. In fact, we had a false alarm smoke alarm go off today somewhere. (I'm not sure where since this is a 20 story building.) They were announcing all sorts of crap over the intercoms. At the time, Don was on a conference call on speakerphone, so he had his door closed. Eventually he poked his head out and asked me what was up. I told him and he replied, "Well, thanks for letting me burn to death." Then he went back on the call.

Five minutes later, I opened his door and handed him a handwritten note from me: "Don, The building is on fire, downtown is in shambles, and there's someone with herpes going around tongue-kissing everyone. Just an FYI."

He came out 20 minutes later and was relieved he didn't read the note while still on the call. (That's not the first "interruption" I've attempted. :P) He then asked, "Why were you going around tongue-kissing people?"

I told you our senses of humor are similar. :P

~Czech

Bluehen
08-10-2005, 02:53 PM
I can no longer hold this in.. but the term "5 life" is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard .. EVER.. Ok, I have finally vented on a subject I have had pent up for about a year and half and feel much better. :feelmeh:

Rants 5 life!

BuddhaMan
08-10-2005, 03:33 PM
5 life >>> 4 life

Pallidrone
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
5 life >> 3 ever

FADES
08-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh my, oh my! That is a double "oh my" for two mistakes in Czech's only two posts he has made in this thread(one mistake each). Can anyone else find them?

I am sorry, Czech, but you yourself said you were anal about your spelling/grammar. And to catch you is, I am not afraid to say, something I am proud of!;) By the way, that is funny as hell that he hasn't seen that yet!

snipie
08-10-2005, 10:39 PM
umm

1. One your boss must be retarded or wants people to know whats up.

2. The big mistake is in the first box, I feel like helping today.

Sasha
08-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Oo Cezch got caught misspelling. There is a God somewhere. Also the term " I R" sounds so ignorant I can't believe people still use it. :D

Bluehen
08-11-2005, 12:55 PM
So by saying 'I R happy 5 life', that would make me a happy ignorant dumbass. Actually, thats pretty much on the money.

Czechmate
08-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Oo Cezch got caught misspelling. There is a God somewhere. Also the term " I R" sounds so ignorant I can't believe people still use it. :D

Who is Cezch? :youdick:

~C"ZE"ch

Sasha
08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Ok that's just a typo, get off it and join the rest of misspellers haha

Sasha
08-11-2005, 01:24 PM
So by saying 'I R happy 5 life', that would make me a happy ignorant dumbass. Actually, thats pretty much on the money.

LOL, you'll just have to forgive me, I am a bitter individual right now. I have been working straight 3 to 11's for the past week and half and I am grumpy. I could still game when I got home but I am too tired usually to get on the computer even if I muster the energy to turn it on.

Last night was the first night in a week that I didn't have mounds of paper work to fill out because I wasn't actually invovled in any holds on the units. Plus, the unit in the hospital which I work on has been the most unstable due to new admittees that believe they don't belong there. I got a break last night and worked with the adolscent boys instead of the teen girls where I usually am, and for a change they were the better behaved.

shanKs
08-11-2005, 01:54 PM
pwnt again sasha.

Sasha
08-11-2005, 01:57 PM
welp thats what you get when you type as fast as I do. However, since we know he has made flaws in his spelling I am not sure why he would even make a comment about it.

Czechmate
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
That would mainly be because I'm a giant bastard and I know it gets under your skin. :P

I know I make the occasional mistake, but the battle has already been won. People are actually noticing my spelling errors and pointing them out. That's definately (sic) an improvement to someone like me that notices the typos in each week of Time magazine.

It's really not that big of an issue, and it certainly doesn't bug me that I have made mistakes here and there. For whatever reason, though, many people online have taken an approach of, "I'm online with my friends, so it doesn't matter!" which, to me, is the wrong approach. (Hence, I'm the grammar whore.) Now that others are actually starting to notice these mistakes, it's essentially "mission accomplished" for me.

~Czech, the selfish bastard grammar whore that always has to get the last word. Or something.

Bluehen
08-11-2005, 04:07 PM
~Czech, the selfish bastard grammar whore that always has to get the last word. Or something.

This is one which always got me into trouble, especially when I was on deadline. Should be - selfish bastard grammar whore WHO always has to have the last word. I had a nazi copy editor who always had to have the last word as well no matter how well I proofed.

Czechmate
08-11-2005, 04:23 PM
lol...

Good catch Henny. Damnit. ;)

~Czech

BuddhaMan
08-11-2005, 05:40 PM
not 'whom'? ;)

I have to be a grammar whore in my own email @ werk as you come off looking like a dummy if you have a few mispelled words/grammar mistakes. I have occasionally (very rarely actually) talked to some of the younger people I work with and told them to pay more attention to spelling/grammar in emails as they don't know who will end up reading it. Plus, it's an "attention to detail" thing. If a fkn 22 yr old sends out an email to my whole building (350+ people) with a bunch of mistakes in it, are they really paying attention to the radar or computer when we fly or do they not really give a shit?

Bluehen
08-11-2005, 05:59 PM
In this case, it would be who.

"Who" and "whoever" are subjective pronouns; “whom” and “whomever” are in the objective case.

As a check in most sentences, simply substitute the personal pronoun “he/him” or “she/her” for “who/whom.” If he or she would be the correct form, the proper choice is who. If “him” or “her” would be correct, use “whom.”

So: Czech, the selfish bastard grammar whore who always has to get the last word fits like this - Czech is a selfish bastard grammar whore. He always has to get the last word.

Whom would work like this: Czech and Hen, both of whom are morons, always try to get the last word.

Anyway, fuck all this, where is the beer?

BuddhaMan
08-11-2005, 07:15 PM
/me looks at the chart in Henny's sig area...