PDA

View Full Version : QuakeCon 2005 fun

Czechmate
08-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Well, I've been there for a few days now. There's plenty of fun to be had. Fatal1ty is on-hand, pwning anyone that attempts to play against him (in Quake 4 no less), and there are plenty of other attractions. I have to save some of the pics for the magazine, but I've attached a few good ones here.

However, in the "adding insult to injury" department (because I don't already get enough crap sent to me), I attended a luncheon with Creative (the sound card people) today. There were about 100 people there and it was more of a "we'll give you some good free food if you sit through 20 minutes or so of marketing on our new product" type of event. The new product (Sound Blaster X-Fi, which is "extreme fidelity") is a fairly big jump. It has its own processor and RAM (!) and comes in multiple flavors. The "fatal1ty" version is the $280 version meant expressly for gamers. (Go to www.soundblaster.com for details on this beast.)

At the end of the presentation, they said, "We only have ten press samples since this card isn't out quite yet. If you have a dog tag taped to the bottom of your seat with 'Fatal1ty' on it, you've won!" A picture is worth a thousand words. ;)

~Czech

Ps -- I'll update more after tomorrow about what all is there.

http://www.w4rishell.com/images/xfi.jpg

BuddhaMan
08-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Sell the dogtags on Ebay!

Also, ask when the Q4 demo will be released to the masses please.

Sweet! That one pic shows a guy playing Q3..I still do that myself for fun occasionally.

Also, "SGL" to UT99 players is better know as "Super God Like"...probably the best clan ever in UT99 (debatable...MACK, VoW, LETHAL, etc).

Hexum
08-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Fuck SGL.

BuddhaMan
08-12-2005, 09:59 PM
heh...a little left over [IB] hatin' I see. :D

Czechmate
08-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Here's some more fun... yes, that's like a 10 year old playing Quake 4, and yes, that's a Quake 4 logo made out of empty Bawls bottles. :)

~Czech

B_G3ntl3
08-14-2005, 03:17 AM
I was hoping their would be some pics of the all female tourny ;p...wait, then again...maybe not post pics of that at your own discretion

BuddhaMan
08-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Let's see if they can eventually top last year's Bawls Quake 3 logo:

http://ryan.dietrich.net/images/quakecon/IMG_0227.jpg

Czechmate
08-14-2005, 02:07 PM
We did actually walk by some of the "QuakeCon Girls" or whatever they're called. You know, they're essentially the floozies that walk around the show in spandex with their tits hanging out. My only comment to JT and Artis was, "Well, I saw Hootie, but where were the blowfish?" ;)

~Czech

BuddhaMan
08-14-2005, 03:09 PM
And the problem with floozies is...? :D