PDA

View Full Version : W4r Vs. Apoth Cal Movie

snipie
08-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Hey I was bored this afternoon & I took 2 hours to make this movie on the CAL match with Apoth last night. Please excuse the poor quality, because I was lazy and didnt feel like waiting 3 extra hours for it to render better. lol.

This is one of the first movies i've made & the first serious one, if you guys know about this kind of stuff, you can leave suggestions. Thanks & Enjoy.

www.w4rishell.com/warcal1.wmv

Penguin
08-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Good vid bro and GG

B_G3ntl3
08-15-2005, 07:16 PM
I thought it was pretty good...but ive never made a video, and I dunno anything about them ;p

MalorieKnoX
08-15-2005, 07:55 PM
That was a badass game. I had no idea it was such a comeback. Nice work all who played and thanks for making that video snipee. Makes me look forward to a fun sd season. :dance2:

BuddhaMan
08-15-2005, 08:09 PM
DISCLAIMER: Ok, this is meant as contructive feedback, so don't take it the wrong way.

I don't make videos myself, and I don't know the 'correct' way to do this, but the transitions need to be more similar instead of it looking like a transition (wipe) test video. Maybe pick one and stick with that one throughout the video? Like I said, dunno what the 'fix' is or the 'more professional' way to do them is..

It got slow in a few parts. If we wanted to watch all the match, we'd download the demo and watch it. I'd say trim it down more to the highlights of what each part of the match consisted of.

Have you watched Geno and Hex's videos? Look in this thread (http://www.beyondtheportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32051) in the private forum under the heading "Videos".

How about rendering a new version overnight while you sleep? That's what the movie studios do.

All in all, I'd say it was pretty good for a first time. Better than I could do fer shure. ;)

FADES
08-15-2005, 08:15 PM
That was a pretty cool vid, snipee. Good job, to you and W4r. What a comeback!

snipie
08-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Buddha, your right. The beginning was action packed & there were some short quick highlights, but I know the middle got dull. Thanks for the advice.

RuKuS
08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
my video sucks lol, I went back and watched it recently and realized how dumb I was in certain aspects lol.

I'll make a S6 video when it comes to an end.

twc.eX
08-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Nice Movie bro.

Looks like you guys made quite the comeback.

Sui
08-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Nice movie man!

What was the song you played second from last? It kicked ass :)

BuddhaMan
08-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Second to last song is an old Alan Parson Project tune...sounds like the intro to "Eye in the Sky" named "Sirius" http://www.theavenueonline.info/site3/eyeinsky.htm

http://www.alanparsons.com/ <--song sound familiar when you go to this website? ;)

=DBA=Ronin
08-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Nice work snip...I really like how you put together a story board for it rather than just a bunch of clips thrown together with music...gave it something to hold attention on.

Obviously, the quality of the feed was a bit lacking...and not that you didn't realize that. I would do as suggested and find a better format to encode it in rather than wmv. I am assuming you used Adobe Premier to piece everything together? Im not too familiar with video editing, but I would assume Premier gives you multiple encoding options (i.e. Divx, xvid, etc). If not, you can easily re-encode raw footage (or any other kind for that matter) using virtualdub...thats what I use to encode videos I take with my digital camera. It also includes a lot of stock filters you can use and lets you import others.

Other than that it was entertaining to watch. Some parts were a bit drug out, but I can understand needing to use fillers to fill up the timeline. Considering it only took you 2 hours and with minimal experience, you did a great job!!

BuddhaMan
08-16-2005, 01:28 PM
I forgot to mention earlier, when playing back the demo for ripping, turn off the fps and netmeter dealies. Also, seeing some third person perspective action was cool -- not many videos you see out there have that...just first person perspective a lot of times.