PDA

View Full Version : Shanks

Bluehen
09-23-2005, 02:17 PM
I have it on good authority that you were the person - not Tejada - who Rafael Palmeiro named as the guy who provided him the B-12. Please confirm.

Artis
09-24-2005, 10:50 PM
shanks is obviuously opn the roids.QWE!dfasjldfla;sdjfl;asjdf

snipie
09-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Whats with all those extra letters artis?

BuddhaMan
09-25-2005, 12:27 AM
I bet Mr. Daniels made a visit to Artis' household. You know he's always welcome there.

Artis
09-25-2005, 10:17 AM
didnt know i posted here.....and buddha is correct. im over at jt's and i got destroyed last night.....and am feeling it today. :/

Cavi
09-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Tejada = innocent... ralphy is just tryin to being someone down with him

BuddhaMan
09-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Judging by the size of Cavi's arms...he's on the juice too!

=DBA=Ronin
09-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Judging by the size of Cavi's arms...he's on the juice too!

Juicy Juice?

Bluehen
09-25-2005, 05:12 PM
lol - or Capri Sun?

Cavi
09-25-2005, 06:22 PM
capri sun?! bitch... im all bout sunny delight

Artis
09-26-2005, 08:28 AM
raphy took steroids and so did barry bonds but you DO NOT hit that many HRs and hit over .300 in the majors simply because you took steroids and can lift most medium sized cars with one surge of your forearm. hitting a baseball is one of the most difficult things to do in all of sports and to do so where you hit over .300 and for these guys often well over .300 cannot be taken away from them. raphy may not have hit 500 bombs and bonds would not break aaron's record but they are both still credible as HOFers based on being badasses before they bulked up. raphy much less so but still.

B_G3ntl3
09-26-2005, 11:38 AM
your right artis, but for the players that couldnt have gotten strong enough or for the players that dont have raffy and bonds' natural abilities its the reason they get hits, even if its not the reason they make contact. There have been more than a couple players who relied on steroids to be considered one of the top players. Ken Caminiti admited to taking steroids during his mvp season...a season that was by far his best, and was a level he couldnt get up to without steroids. There are also people like sammy sosa who had natural ability but who kept swinging for the fences even though they should have been contact hitters. once sammy got on the roids he started hitting 60 homers a year. I think bonds and raffy were both hof caliber players before they took roids...maybe not raffy, but he was still a very good hitter. It might take a great amount of skill to hit mlb pitching, but for a lot of people it took roids to hit the ball over the fence, roids also turn ground outs into line drive singles too ;p

And dont even get me started on pitchers, who have somehow gone unnoticed in this steroid thing...you think that some top tier pitchers didnt/dont use steroids? Bonds got better in his 40s and everyone knows its cause of roids...Clemens gets better in his 40s and people act like its cause of his grit determination and work ethic...

twc.eX
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
^^ Nicely said and agreed.

I love how no one looks at pitching. They think that it's a gift from God to pitch 200+ strikeouts at the age of 40+. What a load of shit.

Artis
09-26-2005, 01:46 PM
its not unheard of for pitchers to be very effective in their 40s. clemens, ryan, seaver, the big unit, and cy young and thats just people who rank among the all time greats and not mentioning the jimmy keys of the world who pitch successfully well into their 30s. clemens is an exception although sadly with every great performance you have to wonder about steroids.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/leaders_40_pitch.shtml

the same for all this holds true for hitting.

Artis
09-26-2005, 01:54 PM
i came upon this article.
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/articles/fastest-pitcher-in-baseball.shtml

if you love baseball its a very neat read.

'"Walter Johnson, often cited as the fastest throwing pitcher in Major League history by experts, believed that Wood was faster than himself and once said, "Mister, no man alive can throw a baseball harder than Joe Wood."'

B_G3ntl3
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM
Ive had this discussion with my dad, who often claims that Bob Feller is the fastest. This is probably because both Feller and my dad are from Iowa. the part of the article I liked best was:

Feller was clocked at 98.6 mph. Dalkowski was clocked at only 93.5, but a few mitigating factors existed:
2) there was no mound to pitch from, which Feller had enjoyed, and this would drop his velocity by 5-8 mph; that would put him in the 103-107 range...

B_G3ntl3
09-26-2005, 02:58 PM
I just like talking shit about Clemens because I've never liked him and it seems like everyone else thinks he is the greatest pitcher of all time...The numbers he has put up well past his 40s are a bit rediculous, and I dont buy the whole work out machine excuse people seem to like to use, considering he was kicked out of Boston because they thought he was done since he never worked out and there was a noticable decline in his power. And the highlites in his hair make him look likes Shanks's boytoy

Artis
09-26-2005, 03:18 PM
feel free to rip on clemens. ever since he threw that broken bat at mike piazza he is a fucking worthless piece of shit in my book. :)

oh and that dilkowski dude is crazy. the mitigating factors are pretty heavy in his favor.

smoky joe wood could bring it. all those guys were tall and skinny with long arms. supposedly johnson could nearly touch his knees. look at the freak. :)

http://www.oldcardboard.com/pc/pc757/5.jpg

B_G3ntl3
09-26-2005, 03:27 PM
thats insane...feller wasnt a tall lanky guy though...and that dilkowski guy was wild as shit...I didnt mind the bat throwing thing since i dont like piazza either, but clemens is still a bitch

Artis
09-26-2005, 04:10 PM
indeed he is a bitch.

twc.eX
09-26-2005, 04:14 PM
its not unheard of for pitchers to be very effective in their 40s. clemens, ryan, seaver, the big unit, and cy young and thats just people who rank among the all time greats and not mentioning the jimmy keys of the world who pitch successfully well into their 30s. clemens is an exception although sadly with every great performance you have to wonder about steroids.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/leaders_40_pitch.shtml

the same for all this holds true for hitting.

But my big thing about that Artis is back in the day and through much of the 70's and 80's pitchers were better conditioned than now. It used to be rare for a pitcher not to go a good solid 7 or 8. Now, they are lucky if they can get 5 out of them.

That's why I say that about pitchers and especially Clemens. BTW, I hate him because everytime I played Baseball on the nintendo, my friends always chose Boston.

Artis
09-26-2005, 04:17 PM
haha. baseball simulator 1000 5 life. rbi baseball is a close second though.

i dont think they were better conditioned besides maybe running more which helps with endurance. now its all about getting buff. even in college the people i played with were concerned about getting ripped and didnt go jogging enough in my mind at least.

also, the ball is juiced now which adds to pitchers getting shelled. oh and managers have shorter leashes on pitchers than before.

BuddhaMan
09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Reminder that the pitching mound was lowered in 1968 thereby lowering a pitcher's leverage over the baseball.

http://www.historicbaseball.com/fea/pitching.html

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/submit/Friend_Harold11.stm

Bluehen
09-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Loved those drunken RBI baseball fests. Usually on Saturday afternoon after a hard night of partying. Helped get over many a hangover.

B_G3ntl3
09-26-2005, 05:47 PM
only baseball game i ever liked was basewars for the nes managers use the bullpen and closer much more than in the past. first there wasnt even a closer, now we have closers and set up pitchers....that usually locks down the last two innings(atleast thats what they are supposed to do)

twc.eX
09-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Worst Baseball game ever?

I'm going to go with MVP Baseball 2003 or 2002. That crap was horrible.

Couldn't control pitches, Couldn't steal worth a crap. Oh and I loved the fact that a CF could throw out my runner at first ... EVERY TIME

Artis
09-27-2005, 09:24 AM
world series baseball was awesome for the genesis. high heat baseball was awesome for the pc up until a few years ago. now its basically mvp baseball that is all there is for the pc. that or baseball sims which i still play. out of the park baseball anyone?

twc.eX
09-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Artis.. you remember Tony LaRussa Baseball? That game was pretty cool.

Artis
09-27-2005, 10:28 AM
i think i played it since i played just about every baseball game but i dont remember it too well.