PDA

View Full Version : Woot! COD2 info inside...

Czechmate
10-10-2005, 05:01 PM
I just got off the phone with Activision. (Literally, I hung up like five minutes ago.)

Two important pieces of information:

1) The OFFICIAL release date for the PC version is 10/25/05. You've got 15 days and counting.

2) HQ has... wait for it... drumroll... MADE THE FINAL CUT. Yes, it will be in the game from the start.

Hoorah! Now I have to call another contact and make sure my Quake 4 gets here early so those don't conflict. ;)

~Czech

snipie
10-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Cool.

BuddhaMan
10-10-2005, 05:57 PM
werd

Bluehen
10-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Coral

Czechmate
10-10-2005, 06:59 PM
FYI...

Quake 4 is 10/18, F.E.A.R. is 10/18, and COD2 is 10/25. According to my PR contacts, I'll receive 1 (ONE) copy of each, at least initially. If anyone was counting on me to save them a few bucks, you may be SOL. Additionally, my copy is sent the day of (or shortly after) the release day, so I won't have these on opening day, but rather 3-5 days after the "official" release day. It's no biggie for me, but I know that I've managed to eke out copies for people before. It's some new sort of release thing -- there's a very limited number that initially go out to reviewers -- and it'll be a bit before I can reasonably request a few extras.

Still, if you're an FPS fan, it's a good time to be alive. ;)

~Czech

PS -- I may get COD2 a little early since I'm doing the review and we'll want that done ASAP. The others I don't think I'm reviewing, just getting.

BuddhaMan
10-10-2005, 07:13 PM
I'll be @ Werst Purchase both those Tuesdays with my plastic money ready.

Czechmate
10-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Another FYI...

I just confirmed with the magazine that I've got the review. I called Activision back and my copy of COD2 will ship out "this Thursday or Friday". If I don't hear from him by then, I should "call Monday" to remind him.

I'll be sure to post plenty of screenshots and be an arrogant asshole about it too. Some things never change. :P

In reality, it'll be the one chance I get to play in Multiplayer and "totally own". No one else will be in yet.

~Czech

twc.eX
10-11-2005, 04:37 PM
:youdick:

BuddhaMan
10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Czech likes playing with himself.

Turd Furgeson
10-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Another FYI...

I just confirmed with the magazine that I've got the review. I called Activision back and my copy of COD2 will ship out "this Thursday or Friday". If I don't hear from him by then, I should "call Monday" to remind him.

I'll be sure to post plenty of screenshots and be an arrogant asshole about it too. Some things never change. :P

In reality, it'll be the one chance I get to play in Multiplayer and "totally own". No one else will be in yet.

~Czech

Enjoy the save points, asswipe =)

Stuffit
10-13-2005, 10:19 AM
You go Kev..!!!