PDA

View Full Version : PB Changes eff: 10/23

shanKs
10-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Ok all, no more having 30 custom maps and other pk3's in your main directory. You must have a clean install and delete your single-player config file. Your main folder must look like this or you will be kicked by PB during match play:

http://www.teamwarfare.com/ss/img/whitelistmain.jpg

ANY files NOT shown in the above image must be REMOVED from your MAIN directory.

This includes:

-Your singleplayer config (You don't need your singleplayer config during matches)
-Custom maps
-Mods
-Extra config files other than your config_mp.cfg
-GrinBot's VCR.cfg file (Sorry Grin)

This is only necessary for match play. After your match is complete you are able to reload your custom maps, mods, and configs.

Also I will be updating the servers for this.

BuddhaMan
10-16-2005, 03:51 PM
If you have the HD space, you could copy your CoD folder to another drive/directory, clean it up, and use it for matches only.

I don't have that "wawa_3dAim.pk3"

shanKs
10-16-2005, 04:07 PM
That's a map btw.

=DBA=Ronin
10-16-2005, 04:46 PM
so wtf are you supposed to do with all that crap? What a bunch of horse shit.

Cavi
10-16-2005, 04:56 PM
this = no cheating

instead of telling PB what is not allowed to be in there... we are telling PB what IS allowed to be there... this will cut out ALL cheating... even if something new is created.

=DBA=Ronin
10-16-2005, 05:43 PM
what about subdirectories? Are you only allowed what is shown in shanks's screenshot, or does this only apply to files in the Main folder?

Cavi
10-16-2005, 07:43 PM
i actually dont know man... i will have to get back to you guys on that one

B_G3ntl3
10-16-2005, 07:59 PM
wont people still be able to mess with their cvars?

shanKs
10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
my guess is yeah they will like they always have with certain pb limits on cvars. But the only so-called cheating will be limited to no-recoil.

BuddhaMan
10-16-2005, 09:16 PM
If it applies to directories outside the Main dir then people wouldn't be able play UO or other mods which will piss people off.

B_G3ntl3
10-16-2005, 11:34 PM
cant you just have two main folders and switch them in and out for matches? that wouldnt be so bad...its just a mouse click before and after the match

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Good idea gentle.

shanKs
10-17-2005, 01:09 AM
indeed that would be awesome...anyone care to post on here how to do that?

B_G3ntl3
10-17-2005, 01:13 AM
i think you gonna have to copy your main folder...take out all the stuff that is extra and that is the main you use for matches...just keep the old main saved in a folder outside of cod...they both ahve to be called main btw.

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Yeah...just create a storage folder outside of of the CoD directory and copy the /Main dir there twice. Rename them to Main-TWL and Main-Everything (or whatever). then flush out the Main-TWL folder to match the pic. Then delete all the files withing the "real" /Main folder. Then you can use Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C to highlight all the files inside and then copy them then go to the real /Main folder and paste them.

There could be an easier way. Mine is never play CoD again and when CoD2 comes out, delete the whole thing. Problem solved. :D

shanKs
10-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Thats great but how do you direct the CODMP.exe to use one folder over the other?

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 10:54 AM
You don't. Gentle's idea is to copy the /Main directory elsewhere only as opposed to my idea posted earlier about copying the entire cod folder elsewhere.

For Gentle's idea, you do as I posted and have one /Main folder with mods, and another without.

c:\cod_main_storage
make one subdir named \main_with_mods and another named \twl_clean_main

When the time comes to play a twl match, delete the /Call of Duty/Main folder. Now go into the c:\cod_main_storage dir and copy twl_clean_main into /Call of Duty and rename it to /Main

You're now ready to play a TWL match. There is no need to tell the codmp.exe "where to look" because you're always using the same execuatble and changing out the /Main subdir.

If you have the HD space, my idea of making a second complete copy of the Call of Duty folder and then cleaning it up to TWL standards and then playing matches with that would be much simpler since you'd just make a new shortcut to the codmp.exe in that folder.

Additionally, if you go with my method and you have CoD:UO installed, you can delete that from your "competition install" and save yourself about a GB of HD space. Same goes for HOB if you still have that folder. This would take the "competition install" of CoD to aroun 1.35GB of HD space.

Czechmate
10-17-2005, 12:30 PM
All they're saying is this:

- Make a new Main folder on your desktop (or anywhere else besides the COD directory).
-Copy everything from COD\Main into this new folder.
-Go back to the COD\Main directory and make it look like the screenshot posted in the first post of this thread. Delete everything you have to -- you just made a copy of everything, so you'll get it back.
-After making the alterations, copy the COD\Main folder again into a different folder and name that folder Main-TWL.

For example, you could have C\Main that has your original COD Main folder and all your maps and shit. Then you could have C\Main-TWL with only the stuff you need for a match in it. When you're just playing around, you copy all the contents from C:\Main to COD\Main. When you have a match, you copy the contents of C:\Main-TWL into the COD\Main directory.

Don't make things harder than they are. :P It's just maintaining a few copies of the Main directory and copying them around as necessary. A pain in the ass? Yes, but if it stops the majority of the cheaters, then it's worth it.

~Czech

Ps -- I had to take the colon out of the directory structures I made to avoid a ton of smileys. heh

EDIT: Colons re-inserted by Buddha (the punctuation type of colons). Although inserting colons is Artis' job really. ;)

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 01:02 PM
For future reference, do "Go Advanced" if you want to use c:\ d:\ etc. and scroll down a bit.

http://www.beyondtheportal.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14790

Cavi
10-17-2005, 01:21 PM
cant you just have two main folders and switch them in and out for matches? that wouldnt be so bad...its just a mouse click before and after the match

This is what we expect people to do :)

As far as the recoil, there is no cvar for that. It was a giant rumor that there was a cvar for it at all so...

And the only way they can mess with cvars... is if they take the actual config itself, and modify it to allow certain things.

B_G3ntl3
10-17-2005, 03:02 PM
thats what i was wondering about cavi

Penguin
10-17-2005, 05:34 PM
so why the new config when the game is dead?

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 05:41 PM
I was asking myself the same question just yesterday...maybe testing for a rule they'll enforce in CoD2 perhaps?

Artis
10-18-2005, 09:16 AM
people still play cod and even after cod2 comes out lots will still play cod. its cheap and a good game. this is what always happens when a new game comes out. not everyone is uber excited about or has the money to go out and buy cod2 (or get it for free ahead of time and brag his pansy ass off about it).

Cavi
10-18-2005, 07:08 PM
If you look at teh response this release has gotten, people love it. It was long over due but its there. There will still be CoD activity as well so. We'll jus thave ot wait and see if CoD2 comes with PB... and if it does, you can expect this same sort of thing to happen for that game as well.

Penguin
10-18-2005, 07:20 PM
what if you have two configs? can you keep both? or just use one?

=DBA=Ronin
10-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Ok...for those that want it, I made a batch file to really simplify this process. I realize the following seems like a lot to get it to work, but its quite elementary and should only take about a minute to do.

First, some prep work (note: this only needs to be done one time)
1. Copy the ENTIRE contents of your current Main folder to a new folder named Main-TWL. Main-TWL must be located at your root Call of Duty folder (same folder that Main is in now). It is important to name this new folder Main-TWL and nothing else.
2. Edit the new folder, Main-TWL, to comply with the new TWL standards as shanks posted
3. Download the zip file I have attached to this post and extract the contents to your desktop
4. Right click on the batch file on your desktop and select "Edit". This will open the batch file in notepad
5. Near the very top, edit the drive letter and path for where your Call of Duty Main folder is located.

Example: I keep my CoD installed on my E: drive so the batch file will have the following when you "Edit" it:

set coddrive=E:
set codpath=Program Files\Call of Duty

Change the coddrive from E: to whatever drive your CoD is installed to.
Change codpath to whatever folder it is installed to if not Program Files. If it is in Program Files, regardless of the drive, leave that part alone. You DO NOT need to specify the Main folder in this part (or any for that matter)

Lets say your Cod is installed to C:\Games\CoD, your resulting edit to the above would look like this:

set coddrive=C:
set codpath=Games\CoD

I HOPE you get the drift here. If not, find me for help.

6. Save this file and then close it.

Thats all you need to do for the one-time setup. You are now ready to begin using the file whenever you want.

Next time you have a TWL match requiring you to be compliant, run the batch file. It will tell you what your current status of your Main folder is, whether its Normal or TWL Match Ready. It will then prompt you if you want to switch it. Press y to switch it from one to the other, or press n to just quit without making any changes.

Thats it...when done, the command window will close and your all ready to go with whatever version you selected. You can then just launch COD as you normally do.

Reminder: Do NOT run this file without first doing the one-time setups!!! ECSPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE CoD INSTALLED TO E:\PROGRAM FILES

Again, see me if you need any help.

BuddhaMan
10-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Good werk ya hax0r! ;)

Artis
10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
nice job ronin.

shanKs
10-19-2005, 10:24 AM
That is outstanding...nice job bud. I would like to share this with the rest of the twl community if you don't have a problem with that. You may want to edit your batch file to give yourself props and what not. Let me know.

=DBA=Ronin
10-19-2005, 12:45 PM
Feel free to distribute at will!

=DBA=Ronin
10-23-2005, 05:10 PM
UPDATE. (Thanks =SG=Medicman) - New switch added to the change directory function if running this utility on the same drive CoD is installed. If you have the first version, replace it with this one. It will require you to edit the drive letter and path again.

=DBA=Ronin
10-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Jeff...can you reupload this link with the new zip please?

http://webftp.powweb.com/download.cgi?filename=ChangeCoD_Main.zip

I am assuming you made that link? You have it in your twl forum post.

Otherwise it may be best to just change the link to http://rimjaw2k.com/CODStuff/ChangeCoD_Main_v2.zip

That way I can upload the most current version if any more changes are needed in the future

shanKs
10-23-2005, 06:59 PM
done :)

Artis
10-24-2005, 08:05 AM
shanks, thats actually not the best way to link to it.

http://ruonthelevel.com/jtflies/ChangeCoD_Main.zip

thats the actual address. :)

=DBA=Ronin
10-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok...I made another rather significant update to this thing for all you United Offensive players.

The new version lets you choose which flavor you want to do the change on, either UO or Vanilla. After the version you selected has been changed, you are prompted if you want to start it over in case you want to change the other flavor right away too. I also detailed the results a little better to let people know what changes were made.

This at the very least eliminates the need to hunt down the correct one to run come match time by putting all the change functions into one file.

Again, you will need to modify the drive path accordingly, but thats it.

http://rimjaw2k.com/CODStuff/ChangeCoD_Master.zip