PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Expect gloating shortly...

Czechmate
10-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Email from Activision:

"Kevin,

Here’s the update on Call of Duty 2. Tomorrow I will send you 1 review build on behalf of Computer Games. We’ll set it for Wed AM delivery. From there, we’ll be staging multiplayer games for reviewers throughout the rest of the week. Look for a schedule update on that.

If you have any questions, please let me know."

I will definitely be able to answer HQ questions, and I will definitely post pics of this stuff in action. (The demo is at "half the graphic quality" of the release.)

Horrah!

~Czech

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 01:06 PM
So that's what a "review build" is then? I guess that helps them cut down on the number of free copies they give out since it's "crappier" then the full game. That's the only reason I could think of right off...

Czechmate
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM
A review build is the gold disc full version of the game, sans the box, instruction manual, and so on. It's basically a CD burn (or in this case, probably 3-4 or more CDs) of the retail version. It's the same way I got United Offensive -- I never got a box copy, but instead a "review build". It's not different than the retail version, except that you don't have the box sitting on your shelf.

~Czech

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Ahhh! I see where I got screwed up at. You mentioned the demo being half the quality of the release. I thought that meant your eval copy...not the SP demo we've had all along.

RuKuS
10-17-2005, 07:39 PM
I want to know if they fixed all the glitches. But we wont find out until multiplayer. -_-

Czechmate
10-17-2005, 07:46 PM
In the email, Activision said:

"From there, we’ll be staging multiplayer games for reviewers throughout the rest of the week. Look for a schedule update on that."

That means that the reviewers receiving a copy of the game will get multiplayer time in with the producers, developers, testers, etc. before the game releases.

I know what to look for in HQ. If you have a specific question about what you want me to ask, let me know and I can bring it up.

~Czech

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 08:06 PM
left leaning for one...I dunno the rest of the glitches...

I wonder if they even know about the "left leaning issue"...I assume so.

Supposedly, CoD2 is a new engine coded by Infinity Ward. Ask if they used the Quake3 or CoD engine as a base to build the new engine on or "started from scratch" (I doubt that).

=DBA=Ronin
10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
make sure the nades can be heard BEFORE they blow you up!!

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 08:56 PM
I've never had that issue even though you guys talk about it. Nades can be heard before they blow, but sometimes not seen real well which is probably the reason they put that "nade radar" in CoD2.

B_G3ntl3
10-17-2005, 09:36 PM
it depends upon how the person threw it...sometimes it bounces right behind you and blows up...

there was a link on twl saying that they had a cal-i player come in and show them the left lean glitch and that they fixed it...I would like to know if they fixed the glitches where people can go prone on hills or ramps and shoot you without being seen.

BuddhaMan
10-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Just to make that request clear...is the shooter facing uphill/upramp, downhill/downramp, sideways (laterally), or doesn't matter?

B_G3ntl3
10-18-2005, 02:19 AM
the shooter is prone on the ramp facing the top of it...so that they can see over it and shoot you, but you cant see them....sometimes it looks like their gun is pointing in the air...i dunno if its a glitch per se but it always annoys me when all i see is a gun pointing in the air, but i get shot and killed

Czechmate
10-18-2005, 06:45 AM
I've seen that before as well, and it always bugged the hell out of me. (Strangely, the best game about accurately portraying the way someone is facing when they're shooting, lying down or not, on a slope or not, has always been Tribes IMO.) The same thing happens to a certain degree when someone is prone on flat ground (like POW Camp) and they pick someone out of a tower. It looks like they're aiming way low. And, with its roofs, POW Camp is a prime example of what you're talking about.

I'll look at this stuff when playing the game sometime later this week.

~Czech