PDA

View Full Version : PvP

Barry_White
11-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Hello everyone, this is a thread to say that we need to start to pvp. I played with a good team for about 2 months to get the basic knowledge of the game and what builds will work. Stuffit kancer and I played some pvp the other day and I think they had alot of fun doing it and we almost won a round with henchmen. :)

I dont really feel like typring right now so this is the basic bottom line:

u need 1 free char slot for pvp, ur pve char will not work.

I suggest going to the tombs on ur free time just to get a feel of how pvp works and such. or the team arenas in the major cities. I will tell more on vent tommorrow or tonight. Please post here if u want to get in on the action.

We also might need to recruit a few players so taht we can pvp more often. They dont have to be good as long as they are cool or if u guys know them well. I have a few builds already memorized so we can go off of that.

Lets do this!

=DBA=KanCer
11-12-2005, 02:01 PM
I be in!!! let me know

Stuffit
11-13-2005, 09:33 AM
i am opening a spot, and I'm ready!!

Vaseline
11-13-2005, 12:38 PM
already have my spot, just need to keep picking up more W and E skills

Stuffit
11-14-2005, 10:33 AM
I did allot of competition arena this weekend with my W/Mo and my W/R. I’m confused as to why some people say use a PvP char and others say use a PvE char. I have my two char’s tweaked out well and I think I do better with them. Can you guys tell me why a PvP char would be better to use?

Thanks

Barry_White
11-14-2005, 11:04 AM
ok stuffy,a pvp char is better for a few reasons:

1. you gain faction pretty easily and then in turn can unlock all the best upgrades for every weapon 10/10 +30 +5, etc..

2. if we need you to be a knockdown/ aftershock hammer elementalist, and you are a warrior/ monk axe warrior, then the build we need you for wont work, but if u were pvp char, u could go make a w/e very easily. and then if we needed you as an axe warrior later on, u can remake tha also.

3. going with the #2 here, also if we need u to be any type of warrior, hammer, sword, axe, then we would want you to have a super rune for that type of weapon you are using, and im sure u dont have 3 pieces of armor with each type of supeerior rune, [ i do though :)]

that is all i can think of for now.

pve people can play pvp too though and have the upper hand on them too, but for our purposes here to start out pvp , just get a pvp char for now :)

Stuffit
11-14-2005, 11:07 AM
ok, then should i make a PvP W/Ra to start with since I have all the superiors and stuff for that?

Vaseline
11-14-2005, 11:21 AM
barry is right. having a PvP slot lets you experiment a lot. You can tailor your armor and runes and weapons to what you need, instead of looking for days for the right weapon for your PvE character. The PvE character can be better in PvP because of a godly weapon, though you wouldn't be as flexible.

Stuffit
11-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Ok, I have been doing competition arena for some time now and it’s totally a blast! I have been doing a W/Mo and W/R mostly and working with different skill setups. The most wins I had with any of my PvP chars was 8 and mostly I was out in 2 or3 wins. Last night, Kancer and I are in one of the arena districts trying to recruit a few people to have a 4v4 team to go do Team Arena and so we are standing there with our fissure armor char’s and we talk to lots of people. After hooking up one guy, kancer has to leave and so did the new guy and so I just hit enter mission with “Stuffit Now” W/R. I’m on this team with, 1 W/E 1 M/E and 1 Mo/E and we proceed to kick the crap out of anything that comes in. It was assume! After about 8 or 9 wins we start talking about things and we start to get better, and then we go into this one place I haven’t been to yet, it was a frozen place and each team had a priest on the team. First time we won easily and then it takes us back to the regular fighting places and we win the 14th time. Ok, so now we go back to the frozen place and we didn’t pay attention to the priest and we lost our Monk and the priest and we lost. It then takes us to “Team Arena” as a group and we all go wtf?

Anyways, my point is that doing this as a team is really fun, more fun than the PvE part I think. So lets do this already!!

Kancer and I are ready and we need 2 more people to do it.

Come on people!!

Vaseline
11-16-2005, 10:38 AM
im totally down.

Stuffit
11-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Bitchen!!! ok, one more!

Hexum
11-16-2005, 01:13 PM
this is all new to me so I have no clue what I would need to do.

Stuffit
11-16-2005, 01:28 PM
show up and play!!

Hexum
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
I don't have a pvp char.

Stuffit
11-16-2005, 02:45 PM
ok hex,

Do you have one open slot?

if you do go and make a PvP char, and go to the compention arena and try it out, just hit enter mission.

If you don't then just go play with one of your char's

We will be playing tonight so I can help you with anything then.

Hexum
11-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Ok, what char should I use? I will be around this evening. We have to go to an open house for Sasha's masters. So should be around about 9 cent I think.

Stuffit
11-16-2005, 02:57 PM
wel, i am a w/r and kancer is a w/r or w/mo, so if you could either be a protector/healer or a nuker that would be great.

Hexum
11-16-2005, 03:13 PM
did you guys create your own or did you use one from the template? Also, on the runes in PVP can you only choose ones you have come across in pve?

Stuffit
11-16-2005, 03:16 PM
just creat what you want, i did what i was familur with.

Hexum
11-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Well I am only familiar with mesmer and warrior so I would most likely wanna mesmer it up.

BleuBallz
11-16-2005, 04:49 PM
If going mesmer you will want energy draining spells to use on their monks/ele's, chaos storm would be good as well. And you are somewhat correct in the fact that you have to "Unlock" anything extra that you want via PvE. Now once you gain faction you wont have to find runes and ID them to unlock them. You can simply go to the faction guys (priests i think) and "spend" you faction to unlock runes/skills/items for you PvP based char.

I have a kick ass air ele ready to to and have some fun, also of course i can always build a monk or necro or ele or warrior. Just no ranger or mesmer

Vaseline
11-16-2005, 11:51 PM
I just played as a protection monk in random arena with a build I stole from my friend. Went 10 straight flawless before we went to the team arenas. I could play that for you guys when you need a monk, or my mesmer or ranger can own people too :)

BTW, you max out faction at 10000, so spend those points before you get too high

Hexum
11-17-2005, 08:15 AM
I use chaos storm and most everything else was energy draining and stripping enchantments. We need to do some skill capping then, I have no elite mesmer skills.

Vaseline
11-17-2005, 09:34 AM
You'll want to cap Energy Drain for sure. Thats in Ice Floe, Witman's Folly, and Spearhead Peak. Other good mesmer elites that I use are Echo, Illusionary Weaponry, Energy Surge, and Ineptitude

Stuffit
11-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Kancer and I recruited a new guy for PvP last night. So what time do you play Vas? I'm on just about everyday from 5:00pm to 8:30 pm Pst. And Hex, don't worry to much about what skills you have, just go play pvp man… you get faction points fast and you can then just unlock what you want.

Once you get the feel for pvp, it's so dam fun!!

Vaseline
11-17-2005, 10:23 AM
I play pretty much whenever. Sometimes during the day, sometimes at night. Lately i've been busy almost every night though.

Hexum
11-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Our internet was out last night so that's why I wasn't around.

Stuffit
11-17-2005, 10:27 AM
make sure you guys have xfire going so we can hook up when you are on.

Hexum
11-17-2005, 10:32 AM
If I am on, my xfire is on.

Barry_White
11-17-2005, 02:35 PM
This is nice, good to see ya guys enjoying pvp now and we are moving in the right direction.

There are many builds that we all can use, and in time I will explain them on vent.

For the most part we will need:

1 or 2 people who can be energy denial mesmers
8 people who can play as a warrior [tigers fury axe warrior, frenzy axe warrior, and knockdown hammer warrior]
4 people who can play healing monks
2 peole who can play protection monks
8 people who can play as a ranger [ spike ranger, interrupt ranger, and trapper]
4 people who can play necro [order necro, tainted necro, fast casting nec]
4 people who can play elementalists [air spike, earth ele- for wards]

now i dont mean we need all these people in our guild, but with the peole that we have, we need to be able to have enough skill in these classes that we can move people around to what they are best suited at and have people play a few diff types of character builds.

Vaseline
11-17-2005, 04:02 PM
I haven't played enough as a warrior or ele or monk to take any of those roles yet. Anything else I could do no problem. Energy denial included :)

Vaseline
11-18-2005, 05:40 PM
and how come some of you arent in the guild (stuffy kancer barry) :confused:

Stuffit
11-19-2005, 11:26 AM
Does that matter Vas?

Barry has been out for some time now, and I know that he told me that he wanted to do PvP in Tombs and since fucking no one from clan ghey is around or has an interest in doing that he found a place to learn and go do it. Kancer and I are doing the same thing, we are trying to learn how this all works. I didn’t think that was an issue for doing team arena. Any four people can play together right?

If and when people that can or will show up a time or two a week to play… at that time we can do either our own clan or come back to ghey if we want. I would prefer to be in the clan but honestly, trying to find 3 people let alone 4 to go do PvP has been imposable!

I would love nothing more than to play with my fiends, but it just seems that none of them want to do it.

On another note, I am learning to be a protection Monk, and have a great build that works nice.

MalorieKnoX
11-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Simmer down Stuffy:whip: