PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360??? Did You Get One?

Mozartt
11-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Did you have people standing in line at stores last night in your area to buy a new XBox 360? They covered it on the late news!!! Like Billy Gates needs more money.

Freako
11-22-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say yes.
A couple of stores downtown will open at midnight for this sort of thing and there are plenty of weirdoes in montreal to justify the practice...

CDSaint
11-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Bill Gates himself made an appearance at one of the Best Buy Stores in Bellevue WA at midnight. He referred to last night as a sort of midnight madness sales event. Some people lined up at that store since last friday. what a bunch of GEEKS!

Mozartt
11-22-2005, 01:27 PM
I have never stood in line to buy anything and I'm not going to start by buying some over price console game. The last console unit I had was the SNES which had Mario bros. LOL and I still have it. :D

Mozartt
11-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Is that CD? Holy crap where you been hiding?

CDSaint
11-22-2005, 01:34 PM
just kinda randomly posts here and there on occassion. how have you been mozzy? ;)

Mozartt
11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Busy as all get out, work just keeps getting deeper. Thanks God I'm on vacation this week, catching up on my sleep. Haven't been doing much online gaming except for a some COD with Freako. How's everything at the CD house? Inlaws driving you nutts this time of the year?

CDSaint
11-22-2005, 06:43 PM
yes and no. when they start to bug me i just dont pick up the phone. having turkey at the inlaws but not going shopping with the sil this year, where she is heading out to is farther out away from my island home. im staying close by where the stores are only five minutes away. you making turkey or the rents doing it for you?

Mozartt
11-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Nope, this year I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Doing the normal meal, turkey, potatoes and other sides. After we stuff our guts we'll fall asleep in the front of the TV watching football then wake and have turkey sandwiches. Of course my brother waits until the last minute to tell me he's coming over this year. It would have been nice to know this little fact when I went shopping on Monday. Inlaws, can't live with them and it's hard to hide the bodies. :(

Vyper
11-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Heh. Mom got stuck doing Thanksgiving after my step sis said she would. Mom and I are convinced that sis didn't want to clean her house. :P

However I AM doing Yule this year and I've got a shit load of stuff to get done beforehand. Fortunately mom is going to help get some of it done! :) However cleaning ect is all on me!

Hey CD you been busy with the kids?? We haven't hardly seen you anywhere's and thats just hard to take. :feelmeh:

Mozartt
11-23-2005, 09:20 AM
I don't mind doing Thanksgiving, it's very simple at my house because I don't try to go nutts and make a lot of fancy dishes to eat. And I don't put stuffing in the turkey. That's where people make their biggest mistake. All that does is dry out the turkey. :(

Freako
11-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Depends on the kind of stuffing you make.
We stuff ours with rice and other a whole bunch of other secret incredients and our birds are quite juicy.
Maybe you've just been doing it wrong... ;)

Mozartt
11-23-2005, 11:14 AM
I almost always make a corn bread stuffing sometimes a dark and white bread herb stuffing. I enjoy a stuffing with some crispness to it and not wet and nasty. Do you do anything to the bird before you cook it?

CDSaint
11-23-2005, 04:25 PM
yeah give it its last rites (sp?) and confess its sins before it gets shoved up some stuffing and into the hell pit that is the oven. oh well if you mean the other things, well just using two tubs of butter on it and whatever herbs we have to shove inside its skin...other than that, nothing special. i have cooked turkey just with the butter all over it and inside a brown bag and it came out quite moist.

As far as not posting too much its cause the two kids have after school activities that keep us busy. i was also in san diego three weeks ago. ended up taking the little girl with me and she got to go to disneyland. had to cancel on stuffit to have dinner with him that day cause we didnt know the park was only open til 8. made some money working for my sister while down there so i had a little bit of fun while i went places with my friend i was there to visit. went on a ride along on her cop car. almost was part of a high speed chase where the perp was shot to death, but luckily she was just getting on her shift and was in line up when the incident happened. it was a crazy night, but still considered slow. i took pics of her in her car while she was unloading her shot gun. That is actually a no no but who's gonna know unless i told on her right? other than that im just sort losing interest in posting, but im sure its just a phase. :P

Mozartt
11-23-2005, 05:12 PM
CD not posting!!!! That's a sign that the apocalypse is upon us!!!

I just cover the turkey in herbs and olive oil and stick inside a oven roasting bag. The skin is golden brown and the meat is very moist. I perfer the over cooked turkey over a deep fried one.

That's cool that you got to go to Disneyland and San Diego. I'm hopeing to go back to San Diego one of these days.

CDSaint
11-23-2005, 06:37 PM
the weather was great and i miss that now. its 40 degrees here. brrrr! didnt you know its the end of the world as we know it? :lol:

Mozartt
11-23-2005, 06:39 PM
Do you get any snow there? It's 40 degrees here at night but around 55 during the day. I'm just glad it's finally going to cold on Thanksgiving day here.

CDSaint
11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
its 40 in the morning,around 45 in the afternoon and consistent with the 40's in the evening. no snow yet where i am at but in the mountains the ski areas openened up early this nov/late oct. they are making dough up there. if snow falls close enough to me it will be in the bellingham area, about two towns north of us and then there is seattle which is about two hours drive and they are seeing some black ice in their roads which is more dangerous than the snow on the ground for them.

sunni
11-23-2005, 08:20 PM
there was snow everywhere this morning here! cars off the road like they have never seen snow before and then it all melted before 2 in the afternoon. :(

krazymop
11-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Even though this thread has been hijacked...

I was going to stand on line to get an xbox 360, but the reality is I would have to be late for work, which I can't do since I'm a teacher. I couldn't call out either, since I'll need to take some time off when the baby is born.

I actually don't mind standing in line like that for a few hours. I just wind up bullshitting with the people around me, so it's not so bad. I will be out at around 3-4am or so on Black Friday. It's one of my favorite days of the year :)

Vyper
11-23-2005, 11:41 PM
AIEEEHHHHHHHH....My boss wants me to work the 6:45am-3pm shift on Friday!!!!! and I hate early morning shifts! So I will be working Black Friday!

Hold me?

CDSaint
11-24-2005, 02:24 AM
there's already people complaining about their flawed 360's :P

=|DiD|={$@/\/\u®@i}
11-24-2005, 04:25 AM
Did you have people standing in line at stores last night in your area to buy a new XBox 360? They covered it on the late news!!! Like Billy Gates needs more money.

xbox 360? hell no ,,,,,, Playstation 3,two times better then XBOX 360

CPU
Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU
RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound
Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)
Memory
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth
Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance
2 TFLOPS

http://www.ps3rules.com/ps3-images/ps3-screenshots/residentevil1.jpg

Look @ this screenie Resident evil 5 :D
My advise is buy an ps3!!OWNS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freako
11-24-2005, 07:42 AM
AIEEEHHHHHHHH....My boss wants me to work the 6:45am-3pm shift on Friday!!!!! and I hate early morning shifts! So I will be working Black Friday!

Hold me?

Me holds Vyper.

{{Vyper}}

There there.
There there.

Just look on the bright side, when you'll be starting tomorrow morning, I'll be almost done MY day...
...sigh...

BuddhaMan
11-24-2005, 07:43 AM
/me gives Vyp a gen-u-wine supa-hug.

Getting back home from werk is gonna suck that afternoon.

We had 75+ degree weather yesterday and I went running in shorts outside. It was nice.

I tried CoD2 on the xbox 360 and hated it. I wanted to try a racing game but all they have for racing on the demo rigs are videos. Yawn.

I'm waiting for one of the new consoles to get hacked with Linux and turned into a PVR so I can have that built in too. You can watch recorded tv on an xbox, but only if it's streamed from a windows media pc.

EDIT: Damn! Beaten to the hug by one minute!

Mozartt
11-24-2005, 08:22 AM
LOL I care less about people hijacking the thread...

I can't stand to wait in line for hours for anything, I'm just one of them type people. You do know that there's two different types of x360's out there? The difference is a hard drive and wireless controllers. Unless I can turn a x360 into a media center PC I won't be getting one soon. Plus everything I play is PC based any way. Is there a release date on the PS3 yet?

And I'm planning to hide on black friday, people who go shopping at 5:00 am in the morning scare me. :(

BuddhaMan
11-24-2005, 09:07 AM
There's only one type of xbox 360...the "accessories" are the $100 price difference between the 'regular' and the ' special premium' or whatever they're named.

I agree on the media center...I need one of them bad.

Mozartt
11-24-2005, 10:14 AM
A friend of mine had a media center for recording TV programs but he switch to Sage because he said it was much better than media center at editing TV shows for commericals. I believe this is the link to their homepage...

http://www.sage.tv/

Vyper
11-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the hugz guys. I very much appreciate it. Still have not gotten the sales bonus check from work. Grr....sry Buddhaski. :(

krazymop
11-24-2005, 11:01 AM
xbox 360? hell no ,,,,,, Playstation 3,two times better then XBOX 360

My advise is buy an ps3!!OWNS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol, i love people who say the ps3 will be so much better than the 360. have you played the ps3 yet? just because it can do nice looking cut scenes doesn't mean it can render like that in real-time. why don't we wait until the thing is actually released before we say "OMG PS3 PWNS TEH 360!11!!1"

BuddhaMan
11-24-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm buying whichever one can be hacked easier...or maybe both! :D

Mozartt
11-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Oh crap....we now have console wars in the thread. Obi Mop stay away from the side of the console, beware of Darth {$@/\/\u®@i} he will use the PS3 to inflict pain upon you!!!!!

Actually I believe the Sage may be a little hacker friendly but I really don't into stuff like that.

sunni
12-06-2005, 01:30 PM
i wish they would make enough of the consoles when they first release them! now its just teasing to see all the neat games and not be able to get them.

Mozartt
12-06-2005, 03:22 PM
LOL Welcome to the cold cruel world of Microsoft!!!! This means the prices can be jacked up.

CDSaint
12-06-2005, 03:25 PM
their game console has too many bugs.

sunni
12-06-2005, 03:39 PM
we play our consoles a fair amount. i dont really care for the XBOX controllers compared to GameCube.

CDSaint
12-06-2005, 04:16 PM
someone at E-bay sold their xbox360 for 10K. it was signed by Bill Gates himself. It was some dude from this state that sold it. What a fucking great idea that was! lol talk about getting your money's worth tenfold out of that console!:lol:

Mozartt
12-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Someone actually wanted an XBox signed by Bill Gates? Why?

sunni
12-06-2005, 04:34 PM
so it was vandalized and he still bought it? ;)

Mozartt
12-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Nice one sunni.

sunni
12-06-2005, 05:46 PM
i wouldnt want a game console with someones scribbling on it!

CDSaint
12-06-2005, 06:16 PM
i would bet that the one that bought it may have intentions of copying bill gates signature and could make some money forging some checks or sorts.

sunni
12-06-2005, 07:03 PM
wow i just realized the link between Bill Gates and XBOX. i will crawl back under my rock now! :)

CDSaint
12-06-2005, 08:14 PM
lol sunni! :lol:

Mozartt
12-07-2005, 08:25 AM
You really should spend more time from under your rock in the sunshine. :) Sooner or later Bill Gates will just buy the earth and we'll have to move to Mars to live.

CDSaint
12-07-2005, 04:03 PM
im sure he already has a plot of land in mars mozzy

Vyper
12-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Oh probably but there's no atmosphere to speak of so what would be the point.

CDSaint
12-08-2005, 12:26 AM
that is why you build a custom home bubble up there

Mozartt
12-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Plus it would be easier to hide the dead bodies on Mars as well. :D

CDSaint
12-08-2005, 02:32 PM
piranhas would suffice. ah shit the secret is out!

Mozartt
12-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Nice touch....would explain all those fish tanks at chinese restaurants. :D