PDA

View Full Version : power builds

Vaseline
12-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Kancer told me last night to make a post about strong builds we can use for TA. He thinks too much of me lol. But heres ones I can think of, and are by no means the only ones that are any good or work. Dont know if they're the best versions out there. Im best with Ranger, mesmer, and some Warrior as primaries so thats what i'm giving you

Warrior:
tiger's fury W/R: most of you know this. combine tiger's with power attacks like eviscerate and whatnot

knockdown hammer: W/mo with holystrike when they're knocked down is pretty strong. Combine with strength of honor or judges insight and other smites.
Or W/E with aftershock is pretty common. And earth will provide a W with more defense too.

spinal shivers interrupter: W/N with Spinal shivers and an icy weapon (sword or axe is prob better) rest should be adrenaline skills, cause you should have little or no energy. SS interrupts them when they take cold dmg and you lose a lot of energy. so might as well be used by someone who doesnt need energy really

Ranger:
spiker: R/E with conjure elem+elem string+prep+dual shot+quickshot (and some others im not sure of like savage or punishing)

touch: R/N with high expertise can use all the necro "skills" for cheap but stong attacks. combine with Quickening zephyr, and use a staff

trapper: R/me with mantra of resolve and all the traps. use a staff and high expertise. can use oath shot to recharge them

degen: R/N, use hunter's shot/pin down to get a condition, use virulence to add 3 more :) can add some necro hexes to degen others, or add more degen to a target that has troll or breeze on them

interrupter: punishing shot, savage shot, distracting shot. can try choking gas with quick shot, or incendiary arrows. does good dmg while interrupting.

mesmer:
IW: one of my favs. me/W with flurry and illusionary weaponry does very strong steady damage. bring a snare so they dont run, channeling as a cover enchantment, and deadly riposte as a surprise. Can use R/me or me/R to use tigers fury

shutdown: bring the annoying spells like diversion, arcane thievery, guilt/shame, signet of humility, blackout...whatever floats your boat. wastrels worry can be used to do the damage when they cant use their skills

interrupt: bring migraine or arcane conundrum then own them with all your interrupts. power block is awesome. wastrels worry since they wont be able to pull off many skills

energy denial: mindwrack so you know you did the job. tons of spells make them lose energy...pick your poison: Energy surge, energy drain, energy burn, power leak, signet of weariness, spirit shackles, sympathetic visage, energy tap, panic, ether lord. and use signet of humility to stop those monks from using their elite energy management skill. can be a necro to use malaise to keep them pinned at 0. or a ranger to use debilitating shot (which gives me an idea for a new build, ill see if it works)

one ele build:
E/mo smiter: gale+holy strike+aftershock...I think that works. can try ennervating charge then stoning for knockdowns instead of gale.

I can come up with more as I start playing with Ele and Nec more. You guys should tryout some of these builds, with your own variations, in CA.

Vaseline
12-29-2005, 11:51 PM
new kick ass ele build:
E/W (with a hammer!)
ennerveting charge->stoning->crushing blow->shock->aftershock
this can kill a monk alone, with the proper attribute points. note two knockdowns, which leaves room for 1 cast in between. if a 2nd person added any extra damage for insurance, that'd be super. theres little room for other skills aside from elemental attunement for energy management and the res sig and aura of restoration for some extra health. in TA it could shine much brighter than in CA.

=DBA=KanCer
01-05-2006, 09:57 AM
THE ELE BUILD FREAKING ROCKS!! Worked well

Barry_White
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
yep good kd warrior is w/e aftershock and all kd hammer attks

a new tf w/r ranger build is now just a w or w/mo , bc u can substitute besekers stance instead of tf, take a look at it :p

=DBA=KanCer
01-08-2006, 12:18 AM
You know whats even copoler... Playing with your Guild in GVG ever so often say like once a year, Thats so cool...