PDA

View Full Version : This weeks user friendy comic.

Vyper
01-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Check out Userfriendly.org for this past weeks comic. Its been particularly good especially since its taking pot shots at the RIAA again. :D And with Cthulu playing a lawyer its perfect! LOL

Mozartt
01-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Nice find, I always love when someone makes fun of the RIAA. Hopefully Userfriendly won't have to go to court. :(

Vyper
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
LOL I doubt it. They've been ripping on them for years now.

Vyper
01-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Check CS for pc status. Stupid piece of GRrrrr

Mozartt
01-08-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm not going to buy you a new PC....we would have to be way beyond dating for that. :D

Vyper
01-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm not going to buy you a new PC....we would have to be way beyond dating for that. :D

Nah no need. No hardware failures just the OS ate itself. Decided to corrupt one of the system files. Joy and bliss to me! NOT!

Mozzy do you know how to set it up so that all your system settings go to a seperate drive other than C:?? I lost all my Thunderbird emails because I thought I had them saved another drive and I didn't. I'm sooo pissed right now! :feelmeh:

Thanks in advance!

Vyper
01-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Heh found my Thunderbird files after all. Might not be a hosed as I thought. http://www.petri.co.il/quickly_retrieve_windows_cd_key.htm Here Mozzy a lil tool link for you. :)

Mozartt
01-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Jelly Bean is awesome, even used it at work when no one could tell where to find a valid serial number for Offfice XP. :) Just becareful with some programs, they really don't like being on a different partition. For some reason they love the system partition. You can always just set up a schedule task to copy your thunderbird files to a different drive. I always keep my data drives away from my system drive. Never know when a patch is going to screw up your PC. :)

Vyper
01-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Scratch these last two posts. Windows just makes new profiles with the wrong info in them and ignores the new locales. :P

Actually I found what I think is the registry key for setting your default file folder. Going to try it and see if it really works by using IE on default settings. Its under Hkey_localmachine\software\Microsoft\windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\profile number\profile image path being the key and then the param is typically %sytem drive%\documents and settings\profile name.

Since the profile setup is %system drive%\docs' and settings I just changed mine to the drive\folder I wanted all my stuff saved to. HOpefully its going to work. :)

Vyper
01-09-2006, 07:38 PM
You also need to click on the item profile list itself to change the system default folder as well or it keeps recreating the accounts back on C! Grr...

Mozartt
01-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Did you see my posting in the other forum about Tweak UI???

Vyper
01-10-2006, 05:29 PM
ERm no....Which forum? Techie one??

Mozartt
01-11-2006, 08:44 AM
LOL The one about you hating XP. :D You've already replied to the other post.

Vyper
01-11-2006, 03:14 PM
LOL

Mozartt
01-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Have you started to drink more now that you have more free time on your hands??? :D

Freako
01-11-2006, 06:42 PM
You guys need free time to drink?

Vyper
01-12-2006, 12:23 AM
Nope. Trying to be good and not spend the money. :(

Mozartt
01-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Free time to drink, that's funny coming from a programmer who drinks at work!!!! :P

Freako
01-12-2006, 09:54 AM
I don't drink at work!
I always have lunch at the pub and that's NOT at work! :evil:

Vyper
01-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Damn! Must be nice not to have to worry about running machines at work. Or atleast no heavy equipment like forklifts. LOL Which is why I'd better NOT drink at work. Running over peeps or off the loading dock would be a very bad thing.

Actually I have had about my normal amount to drink or slightly less than normal actually. We really are trying to be good money wise. I wont get any money from the state until after next week.

Mozartt
01-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I've seen my coworkers have a few drinks during lunch but I couldn't handle working with a beer buzz. Too many folks would come in a talk to me about computer problems. :( I could how running over peeps in the back could be a problem for some companies.