PDA

View Full Version : Happy as a Cheshire cat...

CDSaint
01-20-2006, 06:29 PM
that just ate a fat rat. :) im going to get my taxes done tomorrow! YIIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE! ill have to wait til after 4pm tomorrow but at least i get it done sooner than most people! WOOOOF*NGHOOOO!!! :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

BuddhaMan
01-20-2006, 07:00 PM
That's because W-2s are available to us online starting today. :D

I'm gonna try to file mine online for free this year. Wheeee!

CDSaint
01-20-2006, 08:52 PM
it was ready yesterday! those bastards lied online! they said they werent going to be ready til tomorrow the 21st. when i got the call today from K i was like YIPPPPPPEEEEEEE! then i printed up his w-2 from the site. im soooooo ready. i want my money! ;)

Vyper
01-20-2006, 10:46 PM
Being on the gov't payroll has its advantages sometimes.

CDSaint
01-21-2006, 02:33 AM
yes indeed. now if they could just add more % rate on the pay raise each year...

Bluehen
01-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Turbo tax ftw!

The kid credit paid for a new kitchen last year. This year it is slated for overhauling our central air system. I knew that kid would be good for something.

Mozartt
01-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I need to get me a kid or 12 to claim on taxes!!!! :D

Vyper
01-21-2006, 11:11 AM
LOL Work on the wife end of things first Mozzy. You've got the house so thats a bonus point with the ladies. :)

Mozartt
01-21-2006, 03:09 PM
Wife??? Can't I just rent for a little bit and then trade up to a newer model??? :D

CDSaint
01-21-2006, 08:17 PM
you dont need a wife to have a kid. hell borrow one and let it live with you for 6 mos then you can claim that kid mozzy. lol i do kid about that btw, not my actual feelings on you getting the added monetary claim to your tax return. however, just coming home from getting my taxes done today, it does help to have the kids. ill be getting our tax return by tuesday!@ weeeeeeeeeeeeee! now to pay off the bills...:\

Mozartt
01-22-2006, 07:07 AM
I just got one of my w2s yesterday so let's see hom long it takes for the second one to get here. I normally get my taxes done in March, can't stand doing them myself. Too many changes every year to keep up with, I would rather buy someone to do it. Plus he's very cheap as well.

Vyper
01-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Well that always works nice. :) STill no W2's from either of our employers. Grr...

CDSaint
01-22-2006, 06:51 PM
i tell you what though the 3 kids alone was the first 3,000 of our return. although its weird that 3 years ago when K was just barely making 18k a year we got more from our taxes. one reason was he was on the boat most of that previous year too. the most we ever got in the past was just a nose hair from 5K when he was making much less. and before he got custody of his son. that was when the mighty rat did our taxes. he is awesome at crunching numbers.

CDSaint
01-22-2006, 06:52 PM
i think most people dont get their w-2's til after jan anyways. gov employees tend to get theirs earlier.

Vyper
01-22-2006, 07:36 PM
Sigh. Lucky you. Most companies know they don't have to have them in before the end of Jan and they don't. :P

CDSaint
01-22-2006, 07:44 PM
yeah when i was working i used to have to wait for mine to get here by at least feb. and that sucked. i hate waiting for things when i can get it sooner!

Vyper
01-22-2006, 10:38 PM
LOL Well now your in the right place CD. :)

Mozartt
01-23-2006, 09:32 AM
I have no problem with the government folks getting their's first. That way if there is a major snafu then hopefully it'll be corrected before I get my W2. You know how the IRS is. :D

Vyper
01-23-2006, 09:36 PM
LOL Well I suppose there is that. LOL

CDSaint
01-24-2006, 03:22 AM
are you saying you have been audited before mozzy? :wideeyes: money is in the bank now. tomorrow is another story. :( gotta start paying some bills. i think im gonna get a new stove though. the one that came with the house kinda caught on fire (oven part) xmas day(25th). dont ask. :P :lol:

Vyper
01-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Err...yup a new stove sounds about right CD. Then the rest of the bills. I'm not sure if I'm getting anything back this year or not. Probably put it in the save for retirement fund if we do.

Mozartt
01-24-2006, 02:55 PM
No, never been audited but that's why I always get someone else to do them. He can explain to the IRS why I had this deduction on my taxes. I have no freaking clue what to do with my taxes this year. I could pay my visa bill down, put the money into the house for gutters and new siding or maybe buy me a new guitar!!!! :D Have to think about it.

Vyper
01-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Pay down the Visa bill or put it into the house Mozzy. They're getting really nasty if the credit gets out of hand. :P

Mozartt
01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
So Vyper votes for a new guitar. Sweetttttttt!!!!!! :D

CDSaint
01-24-2006, 06:00 PM
lol i knew you would do opposite mozzy! typical single guy. at least you have a home you own. most guys are still either living with the parents(rent free) or slumming it in an apt with so many other single guys that smell bad. you actually own a house. good for you. now go pay off some of your debts. they are now doubling up on minimum payments on cc. im paying off three cc of K's we used in Dec. one of them will be permanently closed after this payment too. :)

Vyper
01-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Good for you CD! Yeah its almost not worth it to have a CC. Hows that for sad. :\

CDSaint
01-24-2006, 10:33 PM
im tryng to stick to suze orman's advice about taking care of my credit. i like watching her shows. so when she says pay off your debts, im going that route. :) i like the feeling of having that extra money for my future, instead of not knowing where am i gonna get the money for something i really need later on.

Mozartt
01-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I actually didn't have any credit card debt until the doggie needed three surgeries last year. :( But he's still here and kicking major butt, money well spent. I'm told him he can't leave until he's 18 now.

Bluehen
01-25-2006, 02:08 PM
LOL - my wife loves Suze! Personally, I think she is a bit over the top but the advice does make sense. Of course, we could win the lottery and then not have to worry about extra money.

CDSaint
01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
well that's like holding your breath though with the lottery situation henny. and suze's personality is a bit overbearing, but im not troubled by it as long as she is giving good advice on where the money ought to go for my future. iras,roth and funds, etc. i have recorded a few key shows she has had. like what to do in emergencies and what to put away in personal effects wise, and putting cash money somewhere safe in case of natural disasters like katrina that you can have access to immediately.

BuddhaMan
01-25-2006, 09:35 PM
That Suze Orman chick is annoying.

Vyper
01-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Yes but does she know what she's talking about?? Annoying can be dealt with if the individual is competant. Atleast is small doses. LOL

CDSaint
01-26-2006, 03:14 AM
That Suze Orman chick is annoying.

yeah but if she helped me make millions per say with her tips then maybe there's that chance id risk doing something to save her life if she was in the crossfire of an automobile. :D ok ok maybe a tricycle instead. those dont hurt that bad and i might get a scrape on the knees or something. i want to be able to enjoy my millions you know :P

Vyper
01-26-2006, 04:26 PM
LOL That annoying eh?? Wow.:whip:

Impressive, says I.

CDSaint
01-28-2006, 06:45 PM
i got my stove today! yaaaaaaaaaaaya! :D its less than half the price of the one that was on sale at the navy exchange too. :) and the dude sold it to us no taxes(which really meant he dropped the price to get it to the price he was selling it for). so 300 for a sleek stove is quite nice. my sil is going to shiatszu bricks. its the one she has been wanting for quite some time too. hehe, she is gonna rip my bil a new (.) when he gets back next week from Japan for not getting her that stove first! :lol:

Vyper
01-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Poor bastard! Congrats on the new stove CD. I really want one too so I can finish remoldeling the kitchen. Trust me the work we did isn't enough although its tons better!

CDSaint
01-29-2006, 03:26 AM
you're still not done with that project? damn that is taking way too long! but hey you know what happens when you take your time doing projects like that. in the end it will look more like a pro did the job and you are satisfied with the outcome. :)

Mozartt
01-29-2006, 08:25 AM
I have to use the line of reasoning with my projects CD. I'm always being a lazy when it comes to home projects.

Vyper
01-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh the first part is done. We can't do the rest until we get new appliances. :P

CDSaint
01-30-2006, 12:23 AM
i didnt want to use my stove yesterday cause i didnt want to get it dirty just yet, but today DJ wanted ramen noodles and he likes the way the noodles cook stove top vs. the microwave. maybe tomorrow i will have the nerve to use the oven! i might make some shepard's pie or maybe some meatloaf.

Mozartt
01-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Come on, go for fried eggs on the new stove top!!!! Maybe with a side of bacon!!! :cool:

Vyper
01-30-2006, 10:31 AM
ROFL. Now there's an idea. I love gas stoves but with natural gas prices going up eeeks. I may not get one.

Mozartt
01-30-2006, 12:34 PM
You may want to check out the wood burning models Vyper. I heard they're coming back this year.

CDSaint
01-30-2006, 12:53 PM
they dont use gas around here for heat, instead they use oil for heating houses or most people use their fireplaces. so its all electric for stoves around here. i dont like the open flame feature for a stove myself cause of the kids.