Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bret Hart

wtf? why develop a working relationship to return but not at least make an appearance at the biggest ppv in the history of the business? bret hart continues to stub his toe and let his ego get in the way of what is truely important.....the fans

I CLUB BABY SEALS!!! SealClubber's Avatar
    Originally posted by Unforgiven
    bret hart continues to stub his toe and let his ego get in the way of what is truely important.....the fans
    dude, you need to email his ass and say that - thats ownage right there..

www.brethart.com

Silent but Deadly
    he's not been the same for a LONG time. Why did he leave? I don't remember the particulars. Obviously w/ Owen's death, that sucked, but i'm sure he was almost gone when that happened.

he was gone when the owen death occured. he left because he got fucked out of the title by shawn michaels at wrestlemania (i could be wrong on that). vince, the ref and shawn all knew what was going on and how he was gonna get jobbed and bret refused to drop the title so he spit in mcmahons face on ppv and the rest is history....

Originally posted by Unforgiven
    he was gone when the owen death occured. he left because he got fucked out of the title by shawn michaels at wrestlemania (i could be wrong on that). vince, the ref and shawn all knew what was going on and how he was gonna get jobbed and bret refused to drop the title so he spit in mcmahons face on ppv and the rest is history....
    Yes, that is why he left the WWF at the time. However, that is not why he left the wrestling business all together. I'm sure you already know how once he left WWF after that little incident with HBK, he went over to WCW. He was there for a good while, then Goldberg gave him a major concussion. Now he is unable to wrestle anymore.

i think that he was also unhappy with his character in wcw if im not mistaken...

Wouldn't surprise me.

umm Brett Hart left because Vince McMahon couldnt afford to pay him anymore. At that time the WWF was failing horribly and was close to shutting its doors for good.
    Brian K. Errickson (aka Just) June, 12th 1975 - June, 12th 2003

You were my friend and the brother I never had. I love you man and I hope now all the pain has gone away. May god rest your soul.

"By these requirements, if someone digs up a 3-billion-year-old skeleton, we can toss Evolution from science class. So, if you don't want Evolution in science class, start digging!"

Silent but Deadly
    and then he was riding a bike, ran into a "camaflaged" hole, smacked his head on the ground, and had a stroke. It's on his site... Thus I don't know how he could ever come back to any wrestling role.

Originally posted by Pallidrone
    umm Brett Hart left because Vince McMahon couldnt afford to pay him anymore. At that time the WWF was failing horribly and was close to shutting its doors for good.

That is absolutely not the reason why Bret left the WWF. The real reason is as stated in the above posts. It was that entire controversial match where Bret got "screwed" by earl hebner, hence why whenever hebner officiates in canada they always chant "you screwed bret!". I did see that match though, I thought the ending was very funny. HBK won via sharpshooter on Bret, but Bret never tapped. Vince was the one who told them to ring the bell and declare Shawn the winner. Bret therefore got very pissed cuz he did not know wtf was going on. Shawn played stupid, saying he didn't know wtf was goin on either, meanwhile he was in on it the whole time. After Bret realized what was happening, he spit on Vince, right in the face. Then he walked out and never appeared on WWF/WWE television again.

Originally posted by NightStalker
    and then he was riding a bike, ran into a "camaflaged" hole, smacked his head on the ground, and had a stroke. It's on his site... Thus I don't know how he could ever come back to any wrestling role.
    Yes he did have a stroke, but that happened within the past year or so (if I remember correctly).. besides, even if he didn't have the stroke he could never wrestle again due to that concussion syndrome that he has.

Mega - Why was it a screw job ending? BECAUSE BRETT WAS LEAVING ALREADY! He wanted more money, Vince said no, so he LEFT TO THE WCW - That match was his last match in the WWF. Brett wanted to go out champ in front of his hometown, and Vince did not want another Alundra Blaze incident on Nitro. So he and Michaels did this. That is why Brett left, not because of the ending.
    Brian K. Errickson (aka Just) June, 12th 1975 - June, 12th 2003

You were my friend and the brother I never had. I love you man and I hope now all the pain has gone away. May god rest your soul.

"By these requirements, if someone digs up a 3-billion-year-old skeleton, we can toss Evolution from science class. So, if you don't want Evolution in science class, start digging!"

I CLUB BABY SEALS!!! SealClubber's Avatar
    The whole story is at www.brethart.com

Yea so technically, I am still right.

And Seal, find a direct link you bum .