Thread: XBOX 360 Clans

Small blue green world third planet from the sun

XBOX 360 Clans

Would people here welcome more XBOX 360 clans if I made the forum more XBOX friendly? I understand the amount of work involved, but again I do not know how many play XBOX or PS3 here. Would two votes be a good way to determine that? I konw a TON of people have jumped off the PC platform because of the quality of the games and I would really like to keep things going here.. and if it requires some minor changes then I want the whole group to make the choice.

Re: XBOX 360 Clans

The more the merrier. I am actually going to ask santa for a ps3, but don't really plan on playing online all that much. Regardless, this place could use a boost so long as it isn't filled with infintile thugs who think they own the joint.

"(God) is constantly searching our hearts and minds. He's kind of like Santa Claus" - George W. Bush C.I.C.

I agree with keeping BTP going but we'd need a forum software change IMO (something easier to update and administer) or a better way to maintain the current vBull (patching is a major PITA). The main reason I locked out new accounts is it's super simple to spam these forums with fake accounts made with script bots (or however they do it). I got tired really fast of 'spam post cleanup duty' and just locked out new account creation to combat that.

Additionally, we never implemented the script (Digi's forum hack) or he never re-wrote it to allow clan forum moderators to accept/ban users from the clan's individual private forums and an admin had to do it (basically they had admin rights to their private forums). That was/is a LOT of work also. I'm a firm believer in empowering qualified users to police themselves (this is why I'm jacked about us moving to SharePoint @ werk!) so moving forward I'd like to see that ability implemented somehow.

If we have a vote on opening BTP up to console gamers, I'd give it a big "thumbs up", but it would come with asspain unless some behind-the-scenes changes are implemented.
    BuddhaMan -- Showin' the ladies his "O" face since 1986

Useless eff

I don't plan to own an xbox, ps3, wii, whatever, but I do agree that it is a good idea.

i will help as much as i can i have ps3 wii and xbox but play woow more then them

I CLUB BABY SEALS!!! SealClubber's Avatar

Bring them over, spice things up.

Small blue green world third planet from the sun

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaMan View Post
    I agree with keeping BTP going but we'd need a forum software change IMO (something easier to update and administer) or a better way to maintain the current vBull (patching is a major PITA). The main reason I locked out new accounts is it's super simple to spam these forums with fake accounts made with script bots (or however they do it). I got tired really fast of 'spam post cleanup duty' and just locked out new account creation to combat that.

Additionally, we never implemented the script (Digi's forum hack) or he never re-wrote it to allow clan forum moderators to accept/ban users from the clan's individual private forums and an admin had to do it (basically they had admin rights to their private forums). That was/is a LOT of work also. I'm a firm believer in empowering qualified users to police themselves (this is why I'm jacked about us moving to SharePoint @ werk!) so moving forward I'd like to see that ability implemented somehow.

If we have a vote on opening BTP up to console gamers, I'd give it a big "thumbs up", but it would come with asspain unless some behind-the-scenes changes are implemented.

The script was working and was put in place, but no-one ever actually used it.

maybe we just need a teacher to give us some pointers we can use my vent if need be